When you try to use your Linksys router, you may face Linksys login issues. For example, if you don’t know the internal IP address of your Linksys router, you cannot log into it. Also, you may fail to login if you do not use the correct ID and password. In another case, though you enter the correct password, the login may fail due to technical issues. Therefore, you need to know the factors that may prevent you to log in and set up your Linksys router.
Reasons For Why Linksys Router Login Fails
We have listed down the factors which may cause Linksys login issues.
- Problems with Linksys router’s web-based setup page can prevent you from logging into its admin page.
- You cannot log into Linksys with an incorrect username and password.
buy amoxicillin online salterlewismd.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/new/amoxicillin.html no prescription
- Internet connectivity issues or lack of a supported browser can cause this issue.
- If you enter the wrong IP address for your router, the login can fail.
- The current DNS settings may not support the login of the Linksys router.
- You may not log in and set up your Linksys router without clearing the DNS resolver cache and web browser cache.
Steps To Login And Setup The Linksys Router
You can fix this issue by acting according to the steps mentioned below.
Enter Your Linksys Router’s IP Address
- Know the internal IP(LAN IP) address of your router.
- Enter the IP address and press ‘Enter’.
- A dialog box pops up and asks you to enter your router’s username and password.
- Ensure that you enter the correct username and password. In case you can’t remember the password, then call your service provider and know it.
- You will get the home screen of your Linksys router containing the configurations.
Reset The Linksys Router To Default Settings
Note that if you reset your router, then it will change the username and password of your router as well as the WiFi connection you are using. Also, if you have changed the firewall’s settings, it will get back to its default state after the process finishes. In short, if you reset your Linksys router, then it will alter whatever changes you have made to the router’s configuration.
To reset the Linksys router use the following steps:
- First, press the reset button located at the back of your router.
- Hold the reset button until the color of the light on the router changes or the light starts blinking.
- Leave the button, and the router automatically gets back to its factory settings.
Change The DNS Settings
- Open a browser on your computer and enter your router’s IP address.
- A Window appears where you need to skip the username of your router.
- Enter ‘Admin’ as the router’s password if you haven’t changed the password.
- Type OpenDNS Address in Static DNS 1 and Static DNS 2 fields.
- Type your current DNS settings to return to its old settings.
- Click ‘Save’ to save the changes you have made to your router’s settings.
Flush The DNS And Web Browser Cache
- Select ‘All Programs’ from the ‘Start’ button.
- Click on ‘Accessories’ and right-click on ‘Command Prompt.’
- Run as administrator and enter the command, ‘ipconfig/flushdns’ to flush your DNS resolver cache.
- Go to ‘History’ and select ‘Clear recent history’.
buy premarin online salterlewismd.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/new/premarin.html no prescription
- Under the time range select the desired range for which you want to clear the cache. Select ‘Everything’ to delete the entire cache.
- Go to ‘Details’ and choose the element which you want to remove from your history. Select ‘all items’ to delete your browsing history entirely.
- Click the ‘Clear now’ button and exit the browser Window.
- Reopen the browser to check that there is no browsing history in the browser.
It is the most convenient way to fix Linksys login and set up issues. If you follow the steps carefully, then you can meet your purpose with less effort.