When you are trying to turn on the real-time web protection settings of Malwarebytes you may at times find that Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on. As a result, you won’t be able to use this feature on your computer.
This issue mostly occurs if the Malwarebytes application is corrupted or damaged. Apart from that, an outdated version of Malwarebytes, stopped Malwarebytes services, an older version of the Operating System can also lead to this error.
How To Fix Malwarebytes Web Protection Won’t Turn On
When Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on you can try a few methods to get rid of the issue from the device. Below, you will get to know six effective methods that can help you resolve this issue on your computer.
Method 1 – Reinstall Malwarebytes
A corrupt Malwarebytes application can cause this issue on the device. Therefore, you need to uninstall the Malwarebytes application and then reinstall it. To do that follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows Home button and then select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, go to the Programs & Features section.
- Look for Malwarebytes, select it and then click on the Uninstall option to remove it.
- After uninstalling it, restart the device and then reinstall it.
- To install it, visit the Malwarebytes official website and then download the latest version of Malwarebytes.
- After downloading the file, double-click on the Malwarebytes installation file and then install it properly.
- Once the installation process is complete, reboot the system and then check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 2 – Restart the Malwarebytes Program on the Device
Sometimes, restarting the Malwarebytes program can help fix the situation when Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on your computer. The following steps will help you:
- Find the Malwarebytes icon at the bottom right corner of the Taskbar, click on it and then select the Quit Malwarebytes button to close the Malwarebytes application.
- After that, double-click on the Malwarebytes icon to launch the Malwarebytes application to check if the issue still persists or not. If the problem is still occurring, you can try the other methods mentioned below.
Method 3 – Install the Latest Version of Malwarebytes
If you are using an older version of the Malwarebytes application then you can face this problem on the device. Therefore, you need to update this application by following these steps:
- Open the Malwarebytes Anti-malware application on the system.
- In the Malwarebytes Anti-malware application window, click on the Settings section on the left panel.
- From the Settings window, go to the Applications tab and then click on the Install Application Updates option from the Application Updates section.
- If you find the update is available then click on the Update option to start the update process.
- Once the process is complete, reboot the device and then check if the problem gets fixed or not.
Method 4 – Remove the Driver for MBAM Web Protection
Another method that you should try to fix the “Malwarebytes premium web protection won’t turn on” problem on your computer is to remove the driver for MBAM Web Protection. To know more about it follow the steps given below.
- Right-click on the Malwarebytes icon and then select the Quit Malwarebytes button to close the application.
- After that, press the Windows Home key and X button together to open the WinX menu list and then choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the Command Prompt window, type “sc delete mbamwebprotection” command and then press the Enter button to run it.
- Once the command is executed, reboot the PC.
- After rebooting the device, go to the Settings window and then select the Protection tab.
- In the Protection tab, look for the Real-Time Protection section for Web Protection and then move the toggle from Off to On and see if it resolves the issue or not.
Method 5 – Restart the MBAMService.exe
This problem can be caused by the corrupted MBAMService.exe file. So, you should restart the service. The following steps will help you to do that.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons together to launch the Task Manager window.
- Once you are in the Task Manager window, navigate to the Processes tab and find the MBAMService.exe, select it. After that, click on the End Task option.
- Now, click on the File option at the top left corner of the Task Manager window and then select New to Create a new task.
- Thereafter, type the name MBAMService.exe and then click on the OK option or press the Enter button.
- Once you are done with these steps, reboot the PC.
Method 6 – Perform a System Restore
Performing a System Restore process can solve the “Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on” issue on the device. Follow these steps:
- Press the Start button and then type the System Restore in the Search box and then hit the Enter key.
- When you are in the System Restore window, click on the Next option.
- In the following window, choose the restore point and then click on the Next button.
- Check all the details and then click on the Finish option to start the process.
- Once the process is complete, reboot the device and then check if the problem is fixed or not.
These six methods are tried and tested and should help you resolve the situation when Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on on your system.