Microsoft Office error code 0xC004F074 is a common problem for the users. This problem mainly appears at the time when the client key Manager Server is unable to install the MS Office. Sometimes, this error notification may appear at the time when the system’s date and time do not sync. If this problem occurs, then an error notification appears on the screen saying “The Software Licensing Service determined that the specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used.
Error Code 0xC004F074”. If you are dealing with this kind of situation, then this guide is for you. Through this article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to fix your problem with error code 0xC004F074. Go through the entire article, and fix the problem on your own.
Easy Hacks to Fix Microsoft Office Error Code 0xC004F074
If you are in trouble with error code 0xC004F074, then you don’t need to panic. Here, in this part of the article, we will discuss some of the easy methods that can help you to fix Microsoft Office error code 0xC004F074. So, let’s start to read the upcoming part of the article to know the details about it.
Solution 1: Turn On and Turn Off the DNS Host
If you are in trouble with error code 0xC004F074, then you should turn On and turn Off the DNA host in the system. To do it follow the steps which are mentioned in the following part of the article.
- At first, you need to click on the Windows icon which is located at the bottom left corner of the computer screen.
- Then, write down ‘Command’ in the appearing search box. And, hit the Enter button from your keyboard to open it.
- After that, launch the Command Prompt as administrator and type ‘Regedit’.
- Thereafter, move on to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform” from the registry section.
- At the next step, you have to create a new DWORD Value which is known as “DisableDnsPublishing”, and then set its value to 1.
- If you are done with the steps from the above, then you will succeed to disable the DNS publishing.
- Whenever you want to re-enable the DNS publishing, at that moment you just need to set the value of the key into 0.
Solution 2: Verify the Date and Time of the System
You may fix the problem by changing the date and time of your computer. Here are the steps that can help you to do it.
- At first, go to the bottom-right corner of your computer screen and click on the ‘Date and Time’ option from the taskbar.
- After, clicking on the ‘Date and Time’ option, a new Window will appear on the screen. Click on ‘Change date and time settings’. Then, click on the Continue button.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Set Time Automatically’ option. Do it only when you are a Windows Operating System user. This will help you to Turn On the activity.
- Once you are done with the steps that are mentioned in the previous part of the article, now go to the official website of Windows and click on the Update option.
- Then, click on the OK button, this will help you to start the update automatically.
- Now, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Update the Microsoft Office Version
You may update the Microsoft office version in your computer. This may help you to fix Microsoft Office error code 0xC004F074. The steps are as followed, let’s have a look at it.
- At first, you need to click on the Windows logo icon or the Start button. You can find it in the bottom-left corner of the computer screen.
buy prednisone online www.californiaretina.com/wp-includes/Requests/Exception/HTTP/php/prednisone.html no prescription
- After, opening the Start menu click on the ‘All Apps’ option, from the appearing list of menu.
- Thereafter, click on any of the applications from Microsoft Office.
- Then, click on the File option from the top left corner of the computer screen.
- After that, a list of the menu will appear on the screen, click on the Account option from the appearing list of menu.
- Furthermore, you will need to proceed by clicking on the Update Now option. Then, check if there is an update available or not.If available, then click on the Update option.
- Now, wait for a few minutes to complete the updating procedure.
Solution 4: Perform the System File Checker
You can get rid of the problem by performing the system file checker or SFC scan in the system. This will help to scan all the system files and it helps to repair all the damaged or missing file in your computer. If the steps are unknown to you, then follow the below part of the article.
- At first, you need to perform a complete boot up of your computer.
- After that, move your cursor to the bottom of the left corner of your computer screen and click on the Start button to open it. Otherwise, you can press the Windows key from your keyboard, this will also help you to open the Start menu.
- Then, write down ‘Command prompt’ or ‘CMD’ in the appearing search box. And right click on the Command prompt option from the appearing list of results.
- Thereafter, click on the Run as Administrator option. And, hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- Once you have done with it, type ‘sfc /scannow’ in the command prompt and press the Enter button.
Here is an alternative method that can help you to perform the system file checker in the system. You can use the Windows installation disk to run the System File Checker. To do it you just need to follow the steps that are written below.
- At first, you will need to insert the Windows installation disk in your computer. Then, restart the system.
- After that, press any of the keys this will help you to boot up the system from the DVD.
- Thereafter, select the keyboard layout, time and language of the system as per your need.
- Then, click on the Next button. And, select the ‘Repair your computer’ option.
- Now, click on the Troubleshooter and select the Advanced option.
- At the next step, click on the Command Prompt option.
- Furthermore, you will need to proceed by typing the following command and press the Enter button after entering the command: sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows.
- Once you are done with all the steps that we have mentioned in the earlier part of the article, now verify the system to see whether the issue still persists or not.
These were some of the possible solutions that can help you to resolve the Microsoft Office error code 0xC004F074. If you have any queries regarding error code 0xC004F074, then you can comment below.