“No AMD graphics driver is installed” error indicates that there is no driver presently controlling the respective hardware on your computer.
Most of the users have encountered this error message while trying to install the AMD driver on their PC.
The full error message says “No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.”
This issue mainly occurs if the driver is corrupted or damaged. An incomplete installation, malware infection, and third-party security software or firewall can also cause this error.
Solutions for Resolving “No AMD Graphics Driver is Installed” Error
Here, we have shared the detailed steps and solutions to fix the “No AMD graphics driver is installed” issue on your computer. Let’s take a look at the fixes given below:
Solution 1 – Update the AMD Graphics Card Driver
Updating the graphics card driver is an easy task to fix this error on the system. Therefore, it is necessary to keep the driver up to date. The following steps will help you with that:
- Press the Start button and choose the Device Manager.
- From the Device Manager window, locate “Display adapters” and select it to expand the devices.
- Right-click on the AMD Graphics Card driver and then choose the “Update Driver Software” option to start the updating process.
After finishing the update process, reboot your Windows-based computer and check if the problem persists.
Solution 2 – Turn Off the Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Defender Firewall can prevent the AMD driver from installing. So, you need to turn it off by following these steps:
- Click on the Start icon and select the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, go to the Windows Firewall section.
- Click on the “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” option on the left panel.
- On the right window, tick on the box next to the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall” option. Do this for both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections.
After doing this, click on the Save Changes option to apply it.
Solution 3 – Uninstall the Third-Party Security Software
Sometimes, third-party security software can also cause the error. Therefore, you should remove the third-party security software at the earliest. The following steps will help you with it:
- Press the Win + I buttons together to launch the Settings window.
- On that window, double-click on the Apps section and then select the “Apps & Features” tab on the left panel.
- Scroll down the page and once you find the security software, select it and then click on the “Uninstall” option.
After removing this software, restart the computer and then try to install the AMD Graphics driver.
Solution 4 – Uninstall the AMD Graphics Driver and Reinstall it
The “No AMD graphics driver is installed” error can appear due to an incomplete download of drivers. Therefore, you can remove the AMD driver and then install it again. To do that, follow these steps hereunder:
- Go to Solution 1 and follow the first two steps.
- After that, right-click on the AMD Graphics Card driver and then select the “Uninstall” option.
- Once the uninstallation process is over, restart your device and then reinstall it.
- To install it, open the Device Manager window and click on the “Scan for hardware changes” icon.
- Now the device will find the driver and install it automatically.
Once the installation process is complete, reboot the PC and then check if the error still shows up or not.
Solution 5 – Remove the AMD Folder
Removing the AMD folder can also resolve this error on the device. The following steps will help you with the folder removal process:
- Press the Start button and E keys together to launch the File Explorer window.
- From the File Explorer window, navigate to the following path:
This PC > Local Disk (C:) > AMD Folder
- Right-click on the AMD folder and select the Delete option to remove it.
Now you can restart your PC and check whether the error persists.
Solution 6 – Try Installing the Driver in Compatibility Mode
If there is a problem with installing an AMD driver, then you can try to install the driver in compatibility mode. Here’s are some steps that you can try:
- Find and right-click on the driver setup file and then select Properties.
- From the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab and mark on the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” checkbox.
- Next, select the Operating System and then click on the Apply option followed by the OK button to save the changes.
In case, installing the AMD driver in compatibility mode doesn’t work, proceed to our final method.
Solution 7 – Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Patch
If the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable patch is installed on your computer, you may get the “No AMD graphics driver is installed” error. Therefore, you should install it. Now, go through these steps:
- Press the Start button and X key to launch the WinX menu list and select the Control Panel.
- From that window, double-click on the “Programs & Features” section and then search for the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 application.
- Select it and then click on the Uninstall button to start the removal process.
- Once the removing is done, install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable patch application.
- To install it, visit the official website of Microsoft and download the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable patch application.
- After downloading the file, install it properly.
Once the installation is over, reboot your computer and then try to install the AMD driver to check if the error still appears or not.