With the recent update of Windows 10, there have arisen certain complications with your NVIDIA graphics card. When they are trying to open the Control Panel, there are unable to do so. In fact, it is displaying a blank screen. Many NVIDIA graphics card users have reported that their Control Panel is not opening. This issue has become so prevalent that it has affected several Windows versions 7 to 10. Even the users are making several attempts to open the NVIDIA Control Panel by using the Start menu but none of them has actually worked out. And continuously they are getting Nvidia control panel won’t open Windows 10 error.
When the users encounter this error in Windows 10, they start to check Windows Update and also verify whether their drivers are up-to-date or not. If the drivers are updated, then also they are getting this error, then it might irritate the users and proves their effort futile.
Easy tips to resolve the Nvidia Control Panel won’t open Windows 10 error:
The main reason behind getting the Nvidia control panel missing Windows 10 can be either a corrupted or outdated graphics card drivers. If you are looking for effective solutions on “how to open Nvidia control panel Windows 10?”, then you have reached the right place. In this article, we will provide a series of best fixations to solve this error. You can easily act in accordance with any of these procedures to fix this error efficiently.
Procedure 1: Reinstall the NVIDIA drivers
At first, you need to press the Windows + R keys to reinstall the NVIDIA drivers and type “devmgmt.msc” in it. As soon as you type this, the Device Management Console will open up. Then, you have to expand the Display adapters from the Device Manager by doing right-click on your NVIDIA Adapter. Furthermore, you need to click on Uninstall option and select OK.
Now, you need to visit the NVIDIA Driver page and look for your graphics card drivers from the “Option 1: Manually find drivers”. There you have to provide the following information like the type of your graphics card, its OS and all other relevant information. Then, you have to click on the Search option. This will provide the latest driver for your device and as soon as you get it, go to the download location of the driver for launching the installer.
During the process of installation, choose the Custom options and then select the option “Clean Install.” It will undoubtedly remove the previous installations and install the latest and up-to-date version of it. At last, you need to restart your PC and introduce the NVIDIA control panel to check how competent it works.
Procedure 2: NVIDIA Display Driver Service
Since NVIDIA Display is dependant on the device drivers, it is hugely responsible for launching the control panel. You need to restart it in order to fix the issue.
- Open the Run prompt by pressing the Windows + R keys on your keyboard
- Now, type services.MSC there and click on Enter. This will open the Services console.
- Then, search for NVIDIA Display Driver Service in the Services window and double-click on it
- You have to set the Startup type to Automatic and then proceed the service.
- Now, open the NVIDIA control panel and confirm whether it opens.
Procedure 3: Change resolution to the maximum
You can fix this issue by setting the highest resolution because the NCP will restrict to launch in a lower resolution. You are required to make adjustments in it by following the steps provided below:
- Select Display settings by doing right-click on your desktop
- From there, alter the resolution of your PC and set it to the maximum. Even there, you will find that a recommended value will be indicated so that you can choose from there. After that, you have to again launch the control panel to see how well it works.
Procedure 4: Modify your registry to fix this issue
Before proceeding to this method, it is recommended to backup your registry. Then, you can try this registry fix by following these methods:
- Open the Run prompt by pressing the Windows key + R
- Type “regedit” in it and click Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Further, if you have to grant access via a UAC prompt then unhesitatingly accept it.
- Then, proceed to visit this -HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\ContextMenuHandler
- From there, try to locate NvCplDesktopContext
- After you get it, right-click on it and select the Delete option
- Then, Right-click on Shell and add a Key with the Nvidia Control panel name’
- After that double-click on the default value which is being provided and provide the key C:\Windows\System32\nvcplui.exe.
Lastly, hit on OK and then try to launch the Nvidia Control panel.
Procedure 6: By updating the VC++ Redistributable and .NET Framework
As NVIDIA applications run on VC++ Redistributable and .NET Framework, you need to install the latest version of it to solve this problem.
Procedure 7: Turn off Quick Startup option
The Quick Boot feature helps the PC and laptop to start up quickly. But it causes some services to skip boot and therefore restricts Control Panel and third-party drivers to work properly. You need to enter the BIOS settings of your PC and turn off this feature to access the Control Panel easily.
Hope that the above-analyzed tips and tricks will help in resolving the Nvidia Control Panel missing Windows 10 error but in case, you find that these solutions are not working at all, then you need to check the hardware device of your NVIDIA graphics or take the help of a professional to resolve this error.