Omegle is mainly considered to be a chat room for strangers. Now, with the advancement of technology, using the Omegle application you can now chat with anyone across the world.
But sometimes, you might face issues while chatting and then you will be notified with the “Omegle error connecting to server. please try again” message.
This can occur due to faulty internet settings. Besides, the browsing data that is stored in the device this issue can occur. In that case, you need to delete the cookies from the web browser.
Here, you will get effective measures to get rid of this error so that you can get back an uninterrupted chatting facility through Omegle.
3 Methods to Resolve the “Error Connecting To Server Omegle” Message
In this section, we are mentioning the possible way-outs to get rid of the error in Omegle. You just need to implement the mentioned methods as instructed below.
Method 1: Run the below-mentioned commands
You can easily fix the internet issues on the device by running some commands in the Command Prompt. Running the commands will help you to rebuild IP and DNS settings.
And as a result, you can again get back to chat without any hassle. To run the commands in the Command Prompt, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start Button and locate the Start search box.
- In the search box, write “Command” and hit the Enter button next.
- From the selected results, tap on the Command Prompt and right-click on it.
- Now, choose the “Run as administrator” option from the drop-down menu.
- When the Command Prompt will open, write “ipconfig/flushdns,ipconfig/release,ipconfig/release6,ipconfig/renew”.
- Hit the Enter button after each of the commands to run them.
Wait until you get the “Operation completed successfully” message. Now, try to open the Omegle application and check if you can chat with the users.
If you are still stuck in the same situation, you need to move to the next section to get rid of the error.
Method 2: Delete the Flash Browsing Data
If the Omegle application uses the Flash extension, then it can conflict with the application. And as a result, the users won’t be able to chat with each other.
To fix this issue, you need to delete the flash browsing data. Thus, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Adobe Flash application and you will get a popup message stating that it needs confirmation to run Flash.
- Tap on the “Allow” button and then go to the “Website Storage Settings” section.
- Tap on the “Delete all sites” option. Now, tap on the preferable options.
Now, restart the browser and open the Omegle application. Try to chat with the users and check if you can use the application without any hassle. If you are still unable to do that, you need to do the below-mentioned method.
Method 3: Delete all Cookies from the Browser
The browsing data that is stored in the Web browser can be the reason behind the error in the Omegle. In that case, you need to clear the cookies from the Web Browser.
Clearing all the cookies from Google Chrome just requires simple steps. And to do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Web Browser and from there, tap on the three dots.
- Now, click on the “More Tools” option and then tap on the “Clear browsing data” option.
- Next, tap on the “the beginning of time” option to clear all the cookies.
- Tap on the “cache and cookies” option next. Now, let’s move to the three dots and go to “Settings”.
- Now, open the “Content settings” option and then scroll down to check if there are any cookies left that need to be removed.
After checking all the cookies, now restart the device and check if the error from the Omegle application is solved.
If you use Mozilla Firefox, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps to clear the cookies from the web browser.
- Open the Web Browser and go to the Start Menu.
- Tap on the library like button and then tap on the ”History” option.
- From there, go to the Caer Recent history” option. You will get a list of options here.
- Tap on the “Time Range” option and then select the “Everything” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on the arrow that is next to the “Details” option. In this section, you will be able to see what you have recently deleted.
- Tap the “Clear history” option and then tap on the “Cookies” option.
- Now, tap on the “Clear Now” option.
You need to wait for a while until the process gets over. Restart the device next and then open a Web Browser. Now, try to open the Omegle application and check if you can chat with the users.
But if you are still facing issues, we would suggest you use a VPN instead. You can instantly fix the error by just changing the VPN.