With the onset of the internet, email service has become an indispensable tool for communication. When it comes to business, it serves as the primary mode of interaction with your prospective clients. Sometimes when you open the email, you will encounter a situation where you won’t be able to send an email. And hence, you will receive an error message in return. This happens mostly when you are traveling and connecting via separate ISP. This is owing to the fact that ISP can block the ports just as a prevention against the connection used to send as spam.
If the Microsoft Outlook doesn’t send an email, the solution to fix this issue is very lucid similar to the change of the settings. However, it may appear to be complicated at times. If you follow the basic troubleshooting steps, you can easily resolve Outlook won’t send email issue. Henceforth, go through this informative guide thoroughly to know the smart hacks and make it the best fit for your business venture.
Fix Outlook 2016 Not Sending Email Error with the Easy Tricks
Go through the under-mentioned steps in order to fix Outlook won’t send email issue.
- First, you need to right-click the email which got stuck. After that, you need to pinpoint over to Move and then select the Drafts folder.
- Next, you need to send an email which is available in the Drafts folder and press Send.
- Finally, you need to examine whether the message is present in the Sent folder or it is still there in the Outbox.
Double Checking Recipient’s Email
A small typo like comma can refrain Outlook from transmitting an email.
Examine Your Connection
First, you need to ensure that your system is connected to the Internet. Once you do that, you need to ensure you are online in Outlook.
- First, you need to look at the lower right corner of the Outlook. If you receive the messages like Disconnected, Working Offline, or Trying to Connect it signifies that you are not connected to the email server.
- Next, you need to press the Send/Receive tab present on the ribbon.
- After that, you need to press Work Offline present in the Preferences group. You will now find connected to the server in the lower right corner.
- Moreover, you need to press Send/Receive All Folders button present in the Send & Receive group.
- Finally, you need to examine whether the message is still in the Sent folder or there in the Outbox.
There is a restriction in the file size which you send via email. The permissible limit is 20 megabyte and 10 MB for Exchange Accounts, which is used for business operations. If you encounter an error message about the size of the file while sending an email, you can enhance the size limit for Outlook.
If you change your email password recently, you need to do the same in Outlook. Else, you won’t be able to send emails.
- First, you need to press on File.
- Then, you need to hit on Account Settings. Thereafter, you need to choose the Account Settings present in the drop-down list.
- Furthermore, you need to press the Email tab.
- Next, you need to select the email account and then press Change.
- Then, you need to provide an updated password in the Password Box tab.
- Furthermore, you have to tap Next.
- Then, you need to click on Close.
- Now, you need to press on Finish.
- Finally, you need to press Send/Receive All Folders button present at the upper-left corner. Else, you can tap F9 in order to send an email.
It might happen that Outlook won’t send email issue is recurring because of the damage done to the Outlook application. Therefore, you can use the inbuilt tool to fix this annoying issue.
Repairing Outlook 2016, 2013, or 2010 in Windows 10
- First and foremost thing you need to do is to shut down the Microsoft Office applications.
- Next, you need to enter the Apps & Features present in the Windows search option.
- Thereafter, you have to choose Apps & Features.
- Then, you need to find and press Microsoft Office present in the list of the entire list.
- Moreover, you need to press Modify.
- Next, you need to press Yes if you find the user account Window. The user account window gives a popup “ Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”.
- After that, you need to choose Online Repair. Then, you need to press the Repair button.
- Finally, you need to restart the Outlook when the repair process gets over.
Repair Outlook 2016, 2013, or 2010 in Windows 8
- First, you need to shut down the Microsoft Office applications.
- Then, you need to press the Start button.
- Next, you need to choose the Control Panel.
- Furthermore, you need to ensure that the Category which is selected is present in the View By list.
- Next, you need to press Uninstall a Program present in the Programs tab.
- Then, you need to right-click Microsoft Office. After that, you need to select Change.
- Thereafter, you need to choose Online Repair if present. It depends on the version of Microsoft Office which you have installed.
- Now, you need to hit on Repair.
- Next, you need to press Yes if you find the user account control window.
- Finally, you need to restart the Outlook when the repair process gets over.
Repairing Outlook Won’t Send Email in 2016, 2013, or 2010 Versions of Windows 7
- In order to begin, you need to close each and every Microsoft Office Applications.
- Next, you need to tap the Start button.
- Furthermore, you need to choose the Control Panel in order to continue.
- After that, you need to ensure Category is selected in the View By list.
- Next, you need to press Uninstall a Program present in Programs tab.
- Thereafter, you have to choose Microsoft Office available from the list.
- Then, you need to press Change.
- After that, you have to choose Online Repair if present.
- Next, you need to press Repair.
- Now, you have to press Yes if you find the account control window. Finally, you have to restart the Outlook upon successful completion of the repair process.
Fix Outlook Won’t Send Email in Outlook for Mac 2016 or Outlook for Mac 2011
Go through the below steps to overcome Outlook won’t send email issue
Double Checking Recipient’s Email
A small typo also termed as a comma can refrain Outlook from sending out an email.
Firstly, you need to ensure that there is a proper internet connection. Once this is confirmed, you need to ensure that you are working online in Outlook.
- To start the process, you need to move to the Outlook menu.
- You need to examine whether Work Offline is selected or not.
- Finally, you need to press Work Offline in order to eradicate the check mark and work back in online mode.
Vacating The Send Folder
However, doing so can resolve the issue of Outlook won’t send an email, but you need to be cautious while recreating the email message you wish to send.
- First, you need to open the Send folder.
- Next, you need to remove the entire junk of messages from the folder.
- After that, you need to Quit Outlook.
- Next, you need to restart the Outlook.
- Finally, you have to send an email to examine whether the issue is fixed or not.
Rebuild Outlook Database
With the help of Microsoft utility, you can rebuild a damaged database which can fix this disgusting Outlook won’t send emails issue. Moreover, you should consider that if you are having a Microsoft Exchange account, refurbishing the database can erase the information which is not synced to the server. You wish to keep a backup of all the important data on the P.C before remodeling the database.
- To begin with, you need to shut down the Microsoft Office Applications.
- Next, you need to hold the Option key. After that, you should press the Outlook icon present in the Dock in order to open the Microsoft Database Utility.
- Moreover, you need to press the identity of the database which you wish to revamp.
- Next, you need to tap on Rebuild.
- Eventually, you need to reboot the Outlook after successful completion of the process.
Additional Steps To Fix Outlook won’t Send Email Issue
Go through the below guideline to affix the mentioned issue
Sending Email in Safe Mode
Its time to examine whether Outlook’s add-ins are crashing which refrains email messages from going out from the outbox. The most effective method to disable the add-ons is to establish Outlook in Safe Mode. When you are not facing any obstacle while sending emails in Safe Mode, it is quite obvious that ass-ins are preventing that from happening. Let’s have a look in order to know how this works.
- First, you need to ensure that the Outlook is closed totally.
- Then, you have to open the Run window. Go ahead by writing outlook/safe and then tap Enter.
- If Outlook starts working in Safe Mode, you need to press the File tab. After that, you need to click on Options.
- Now, you need to press Add-ins in order to stretch it. Thereafter, you need to expand the drop-down menu present beside the Manage option and now choose COM Add-ins present in the list.
- Moreover, you need to take a screenshot with the add-in list. After that, you need to save it in such a place from where you can restore the normal configuration afterward if required.
- Next, you need to remove the selected checkbox and tap OK.
- After that, you need to shut down the Outlook and make an attempt to open this in normal mode.
- Next thing you need to do is to examine the behavior. Now, you have to start the Outlook in normal mode and then make an attempt of sending out an email. This is done to examine whether it leaves your outbox or not. If the message gets transmitted, you need to go ahead with the next step. If it doesn’t happen, you need to adopt the next method.
- Moreover, you need to retrace back to the file. After that, you need to press Options. Then, click on Add-ins. After that, you need to re-enable each and every add-in systematically. Next, you need to restart till you locate the addon which is the cause of the conflict.
- Finally, you have to operate Outlook disabling the add-ons.
Moreover, you can create a separate Outlook profile which will help you to send emails normally all over again. However, this method can easily fix the issue of Outlook won’t send emails.
Running Repair Tool To Fix Outlook Won’t Send Email Error
Outlook keeps all the messages in the Personal Folder File. However, if there is any corrupted information, it can hamper some basic Outlook functionalities comprising of the ability to send out emails present in the Outbox. But Microsoft has come up with a professional tool which is useful for repairing PST files. Let’s have a quick look and check how it works.
- In order to begin the process, you need to shut down Outlook entirely. After that, you have to navigate to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86)/(x64).
- When you are done with this, you have to move to the search box in order to detect SCANPST.exe.
- After that, you need to open SCANPST.exe and after that tap on Browse button. Next, you need to move to the Documents/Outlook files in order to get the PST file. Then, you need to press the Start button in order to scan the PST file.
- If you encounter any error or instability while scanning, you need to press the Repair button in order to resolve it.
- Open Outlook again and check whether emails manages to leave Outbox or not.
To Wrap It Up
You will get a comprehensive overview of the effective fixes pertaining to Outlook won’t send Email issue. By following this article thoroughly, you can easily overcome this disgusting issue. Moreover, you can refer the user guide in order to have a quick glance. Also, you can provide your valuable feedback in the comment section present at the bottom of the website.