Microsoft Outlook is one of the best and free email clients that helps its users to send or receive emails. But in spite of its exclusive features, this is not free from technical glitches. Sometimes, the users of the Outlook mail gets frustrated when it frequently reports the offline error. Outlook working offline is one of the most common errors faced by several users. If you face the same issue for the first time, then it is quite a difficult task for you to fix this issue by yourself. But nothing to get worried about this. Here in this article, we are going to present some easy tips and tricks to fix this issue. Hence, you need to go through the article given below to troubleshoot and resolve this error immediately.
Amazing Hacks to Fix Outlook Working Offline Issue:
There is a lot of ways to fix the Outlook 2016 working offline issue. Here we are going to discuss two different ways – one for Windows Operating System and another for the Mac OS. Have a glance at the steps given below:
For Windows Operating System:
Follow the steps mentioned below:
At first, move the cursor to the Outlook application icon. Then, click twice on it. You can see the Outlook icon resembles a white ‘O’ on a deep-blue box.
You need to confirm that the Outlook is in offline mode. There are two signs to show that the Outlook is in the ‘Work Offline’ mode:
- Look at the right bottom panel of the Outlook window. You will see a ‘Working Offline’ option.
- Look at the Outlook application icon of the taskbar. You will see a white ‘X’ on a red circle.
Now, you have to navigate to the Receive / Send tab. You will see this tab at the upper right corner of the Outlook window.
After that, you have to make sure that the ‘Work Offline’ option is active. You will see this option at the right upper pane of the Receive / Send toolbar. If the Receive / Send button is active, then you need to see that the background of the button become deep-grey. But, if you see that the background is not deep-grey, then you need to understand that the ‘Work Offline’ is not enabled.
Now, you have to tap on the ‘Work Offline’ button. You will see it at the upper right pane of the toolbar. If you see that the button was not active, then you need to click the button twice. One for enabling the ‘Work Offline’ mode and the second one is to disable it.
Look at the right bottom side of the window, there you will see the ‘Working Offline’ notification. After that, wait for a few time until the ‘Working Offline’ notification to disappear. It indicates that Outlook is online. Hence, first, you have to enable the ‘Working Offline’ feature, then disable this feature again. Wait for a few seconds, you will see that the ‘Work Offline’ feature is turned off.
After that, you need to check whether the Outlook 2016 working offline issue is resolved.
For the Mac Operating System:
The user of the Mac OS need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, you have to navigate to the Outlook application icon and click twice on it. The Outlook app resembles a white ‘O’ on a deep-blue box.
- Go to the upper left side of the screen and click on the Menu tab. Now, choose the option ‘Outlook’ from the list. It will open a drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on the option ‘Work Offline.’ It is the third option of the drop-down menu. When the Outlook is in offline mode, then you will see a tickmark near to the ‘Work Offline’ option in the Outlook drop-down menu.
- To turn off the offline mode, you need to confirm that there is no tickmark near to the ‘Work Offline’ option of the Outlook drop-down menu.
Now, you have to check whether the Outlook isn’t working issue is resolved or not.
On the Whole
In the above discussion, we have provided some of the easiest ways to fix the Outlook working offline issue. We hope if you implement the above methods in their respective order, then it will definitely help you to ease up your pain. After successfully following the above methods, if you face any kind of trouble, then you need to contact a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.