Printers have become the basis of carrying day to day activities in organizations. Even numerous homes use printers to save their time in visiting a nearby shop for the printing tasks. Thus, it turns out to be annoying when your printer does not carry its functions correctly. It is almost impossible to keep machines operational all the time. Fixing printer error code 0x803C010B has become a serious issue for users.
Thus, you need to know the appropriate solutions in order to bring back your machine to its working state.
Factoring Causing Printer Error Code 0x803C010B
According to most Brother printer users, their printer eventually stopped working while they were initializing the built-in troubleshooter. As a result, they received a hex coded error code. This error makes the printer completely non-operational.
Such an error is common for network printers which are connected to a network wirelessly or through wires. We have found the Simple Network Management Protocol to be causing this issue.
buy effexor online buy effexor no prescription
This protocol actually manages devices connected on a network and provides their status information accordingly. Now, some printers might not support this protocol and stop the working of the printer. Hence, users encounter such an error code that seems to be quite tricky to deal with.
Solutions for Getting Rid of Printer Error Code 0x803C010B
After doing a thorough analysis, we have listed only those solutions that have proven to fix the issue with other Brother printer users. So, have a look at the most effective ways of doing your work.
Method 1: Disable the SNMP Protocol
Follow the steps sequentially for disabling the SNMP protocol.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and press Enter to access the Control Panel.
- Or else, press the Windows logo key and ‘X’ at the same time to open the Control Panel window.
- Whereas, Windows 10 users can right-click on the Start menu and select Control Panel directly.
- Click ‘Devices and Printer’ and find out your problematic printer from the list of available devices.
- Then, right-click on it and select ‘Printer Properties.’
- Navigate to the ‘Ports’ tab on the ‘Printer Properties’ window to see the list of ports available.
- Select Standard TCP/IP Port and check the box next to the port in order to enable it.
- Move down to the ‘Ports’ section and tap the ‘Configure Port’ button below it.
- As the next window appears, click ‘SNMP Status Enable’ option and uncheck the box beside it.
- Click the ‘OK’ button to disable the SNMP port and hit ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
- Reboot your PC and turn on the printer to check whether the solution has worked for you or not.
Method 2: Reinstall the Printer
It is the last method you can try to resolve the printer issue. To reinstall the printer do as instructed below:
- Press Windows logo key and ‘X’ on the keyboard to launch the Control Panel on your PC.
- As we have discussed earlier, Windows 10 users can right-click on the Start icon and choose ‘Control Panel’.
- Click ‘Devices and Printer’ and locate your Brother printer among the available devices.
- Right-click on the printer and select ‘Remove.’
- Click ‘Yes’ on the popup window to confirm the removal of the selected printer.
- You will receive a confirmation after the printer is removed from your PC.
- Now, unplug the printer from the computer as well as the power outlet.
- Restart the PC and reconnect the printer to it.
- Let the printer automatically reinstall itself along with its drivers.
- Run the printer and print something to ensure that the problem has been resolved.
Hope, you have got a clear idea of how to fix printer error code 0x803C010B. These are the only solutions you can apply to eliminate printer error code 0x803C010B permanently and restore your printer.