If you are a regular user of QuickBooks then “Quickbooks com error” must not be unknown to you. Well, a QuickBooks Crash Com Error is encountered by its users while sending emails, invoices, Paystubs, transactions or reports.
Besides, QuickBook users who use MS Excel, Office tool, or Web connectors can also confront this error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
Getting Crash: Com error while working on QuickBooks is a typical issue for its users. Make sure to perform these solutions one by one, and see whether they work for you or not. If the error still persists after following one solution, move to the next one.
Solution 1: Check if Outlook is Up to Date
The first and foremost way to fix Quickbooks com error easily is just by checking if Outlook is up to date or not. We have provided you the exact steps to do so below.
- First, open Outlook and Go to File. Now click on Office Account and then on Update Options.
- After that, select the Update Now option.
- Check if this resolved the Com error for you or not. If not then make sure to follow the solution mentioned next.
Solution 2: Add an Email Account to Microsoft Outlook
Another way in which you will be able to fix this error is by adding an email account to Microsoft Outlook. Here is how you can do so.
- Open MS Outlook and go to File. Choose the “Add Account” option to begin setup.
- After that, enter the preferred email address and then click on Connect.
- Wait for some time so that Outlook can detect the correct server setting and then click on Connect.
- Add the password for the email address and then click on Ok.
- Lastly, click on Ok again to complete the setup successfully.
Solution 3: Set Up Outlook as the Default Mail App
Users have claimed that setting Outlook as the default mail app has resolved this error for them easily. Thus, we recommend you do so as well. To do so, follow the steps exactly as mentioned below.
- First of all, go to Control Panel and then Default Programs. Now, select the “Set your default programs” option.
- A list of programs will appear on your screen. Make sure to select MS Outlook from that list and then click on “Set this program as default”. Click on OK.
Solution 4: Make a New Outlook Email Profile
If the solutions stated above do not resolve the error for you then it will be better for you to create a new Outlook email profile. Follow the steps cited below to do so.
- Firstly, close Microsoft Outlook and go to Control Panel>Mail.
- Once the Mail Setup Windows appears, go to “Show Profiles” and then tap on Ok.
- Now, add an email account for your profile by following the instructions appearing on your screen.
- Choose the drop-down under the “Always use this profile” option and select the profile that you created recently. Click on Apply and then Ok.
However, do not worry, this method will not remove your existing Outlook Profile.
Solution 5: Run Quickbooks in Compatibility mode
Try to run Quickbooks in compatibility mode for an easy fix for this Quickbooks crash com error. To do so, follow the steps as cited below.
- Right-click on QuickBooks icon and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and choose the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option. Choose Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
- Mark on “Run this program as an administrator” option and then click on Apply. Lastly, click OK.
Solution 6: Toggle the Mail Settings
Try to toggle the mail settings, if the problem still persists. To do so, follow the steps exactly as cited below.
- First of all, Go to Control Panel and to the mail. After that, choose Microsoft Outlook.
- Within the Mail setup window, choose Show Profile.
- If “Always Use This Profile” is selected, select “Prompt for a File to use” option and make sure to click on Apply.
- Bring it back to “Always use this profile” and then click on Apply. Now select Ok.