QuickBooks error 12007 mostly occur after updating the application to its latest version. You may also experience it after making any changes to the QuickBooks payroll service.
Due to faulty Internet connection, misconfigured firewall or Internet security settings, QuickBooks can generate this error. Subsequently, due to the incorrect SSL settings, you may also face this issue.
Whatever the reason behind this error, here, we cover all of the troubleshooting hacks through which you can fix it in minutes. Hence, we are recommending to have a look at the troubleshooting guide discussed below to resolve error 12007.
Easy Hacks to Fix the QuickBooks Update Error 12007
Follow the below-discussed hacks to get rid of QuickBooks error 12007:
Fix 1: Check Configuration of Internet Explorer
By default, QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to access the Internet. Hence, you need to make sure that Internet Explorer is configured correctly. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:
- First and foremost, launch Internet Explorer. Click on the gear-shaped icon to open the menu.
- Tap on the ‘Internet options’ and go to the ‘Connections’ tab.
- Afterward, choose the ‘LAN Settings’ from the list.
- Check the box that prompts ‘Automatically Detect Settings’. Now, confirm that the Proxy servers are blank.
- Apply the changes by clicking on the OK button. Afterward, go to the Advanced tab.
- Search for the ‘SSL 3.0’ and ‘SSL 2.0’ option. Make sure that both the options are checked.
- After that, untick the ‘Check for publisher’s certificate’ box.
- Scroll down the page and confirm the ‘TLS 1.2’ box is not checked. In addition, you also need to confirm that the ‘TLS 1.1’ box is checked.
Now, restart the system and check if the error persists. Otherwise, move on to the solutions described below.
Fix 2: Check Internet Connection for QuickBooks
If the QuickBooks is unable to use the Internet connection of the computer due to various reasons, it may lead to QuickBooks error 12007. You can check the QuickBooks Internet connection by performing the steps as follows:
- Click twice on the QuickBook icon to open it.
- Go to the ‘Help’ tab and click on the ‘Internet Connection Setup’ option to open the settings.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application access the Internet’ option.
- Next, tap on the Next button and then click on the Done button.
- Go to the Help tab again and select the ‘Update QuickBooks’ option from the list.
- Now, tap on the Options button and select the ‘Mark All’ option from the list.
- Tap on the Save button and then the ‘Update Now’ button.
- Afterward, select the ‘Reset Updates’ option and click on the ‘Get Updates’ option.
- It will start the updating process. Once the process completes, you will see the confirmation message. So, close QuickBooks Desktop and restart the system to apply these changes.
After that, check if the error still occurs. Else, go to the next solution stated below.
Fix 3: Check Windows Firewall Settings
If different firewalls are installed on your computer, it can prevent QuickBooks to access the Internet properly. Hence, check the Windows Firewall settings to see if QuickBooks files are blocked by the built-in security program.
How to Check the Windows Firewall Settings?
In the beginning, open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu. Afterward, navigate to the ‘System and Security’ category. Click on the ‘Windows Firewall’ option.
Choose the ‘Advanced Settings’ option from the left pane of the screen. Next, right-click on the ‘Inbound Rules’ and tap on the ‘New Rule’ option. Afterward, choose Port from the Rule type section.
Choose TCP from the first set of radio buttons and set the second radio button to ‘Specific local ports’. Next, add the following ports to fix the QuickBooks updating functionality:
1st: QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55282
2nd: QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
3rd: QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
4th: QuickBooks Dekstop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
Afterward, tap on the Next button to proceed further.
Choose the ‘Allow the connection radio’ option from the next page and tap on the Next button. Afterward, choose the network type if you wish to apply this rule. If you switch from one network to another, you need to keep all the options ticked before tapping on the Next button.
Give the name of the rule and tap on the Finish button to complete this procedure.
Now, check the status of the error. If you see that the error persists, then reset the update settings of the program.
Fix 4: Reset Update Settings of Program
According to some affected users, they have fixed this issue by resetting the update settings of QuickBooks. To do this, have a look at the steps given below:
- First, open the QuickBooks application and tap on the ‘Update Now’ button.
- Search for the Reset Update checkbox and tap on the ‘Get Updates’ option.
Finally, you can check if the issue is resolved.
That’s all. In the above guide, we have discussed 4 simple ways that can help to get rid of this error code 12007. To get the best result, perform all the solutions in their same order as given.
After performing the above hacks, hopefully, the QuickBooks error will resolve.