QuickBooks being an accounting software helps to manage the data and store them as well. However often due to server failure, generated by a timed-out request, QuickBooks Error Code 12029 can occur.
Further, at the time of updating Quickbook, you can encounter the error code 12029, if the process is not appropriate. There are several other reasons as well that can lead to this error such as improper internet security configuration.
There are various possible way-outs to get rid of the error. You have to read this article to solve this issue.
3 Easy Methods to Solve Quickbooks Update Error 12029
If you want to fix the error you have to perform the following mentioned methods in the exact sequence provided:
Solution 1: Update the QuickBooks Application
You have to update QuickBooks by following the steps mentioned below:
- First, you have to choose “Help”. Tap on the Internet Connection next.
- Now, choose the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet” option from the Internet Connection Setup.
- Next, you have to click on” Next” and click on the “Done” button.
- Now, you try to update the QuickBook Application again.
- If you want to get the latest version of QuickBooks, you have to choose “Help” and go to the “Update QuickBook” option. After that, you have to tap on the “Update Now” tab.
Solution 2: Update the internet connection settings
Most of the time for the internet glitches the updating process can stop at any time. So if you are unable to update the Quickbook application, you have to do the following steps to fix the error.
If you are an Internet Explorer user, you have to do the following steps to fix the error.
- Open the Internet Explorer tab. In the Tab, choose the Internet Options from the Settings section.
- Go to the General section next. Tap on the “Delete” option.
- Choose the LAN settings from the Connections section. Now check if the “Automatically Detect Settings” box is checked.
- Check if the Proxy servers field is empty. Now click on “OK”.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and check if the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 has a checkmark beside.
- Now scroll down to the below and check if the TLS 1.2 has a tick mark in the checkbox.
- The TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 checkbox should remain blank.
If you are still getting the Quickbook error, you can go to the next method to get rid of it.
Solution 3: Set Internet Explorer as Default Browser
If you have a Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 version, then you might know that Internet Explorer is already installed in these versions. If you are facing internet issues, we would suggest that you should set the Internet Explorer as the default browser. To set Internet Explorer as the default browser, you have to do the following steps:
- Go to the Internet Explorer tab.
- Choose the Tools section. Go to the Internet Options next from the Tools section.
- From there go to the Programs section and choose the “Make Default” option.
- Click on “OK.”
You have now successfully set Internet Explorer as the default browser in the device. Restart the device and check if the error is still there.
Follow the above steps carefully to fix the Quickbook Error 12029 easily. We have just discussed some of the possible solutions for this error. You just need to do the steps carefully to put an end to the matter.