Many Quickbooks users are complaining about Quickbooks error 15101 especially at the time of Quickbooks update. If there is an issue with the Digital Signature Certificate, either damaged or corrupted, then it may show this error.
Apart from this, improper settings of internet connection can disrupt you while getting an update of Quickbooks and as a result, error 15101 occurs. If the executable file of QBWebconnector doesn’t work properly, then you can notice this error message in your Quickbooks application.
These are the probable causes of Quickbooks error 15101. When you are dealing with the updates, make sure that you get the update with a proper internet connection for a successful update.
We have collected some effective fixes to solve this error and manage your Quickbooks more efficiently.
Probable Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error 15101:
When you can’t fix this error with basic troubleshooting and rebooting, try out these fixes. These fixes have been tried and tested by various verified users of Quickbooks. Let’s start with the solutions.
Fix 1: Try Again
This is what you can go for the first attempt. You have to update Quickbooks with another trial. Here’s how you can do it. Firstly, run a Reboot.bat and restart your computer.
- Expand Quickbooks Desktop.
- If you can observe any update notification, then select Install Now on the prompt message.
- If you can’t see the update or download such a file, then delete the previous download of updates in Quickbooks. To delete the file, navigate the following path of folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Quickbooks<versions>\Components.
- Launch Quickbooks again. Go to the Help option on the Quickbooks. Locate the option of Update Quickbooks Desktop.
- Proceed to the Update Now tab. Uncheck the checkbox beside the “Reset the updates” option.
- Choose to Get Updates to download the update.
When the download is over, click on Install Now to install the newly downloaded update of Quickbooks.
Fix 2: Do a Quick Verification
You can verify some minor bugs on your system. It may help you to eradicate the error. You have to do a quick verification of browser, date, and time, etc. Here we discuss what you have to take care of.
- Please set Internet Explorer as the default browser on your system.
- Make sure that the date and time on your computer are synchronized.
- Check the signal strength on your system.
- Double-check that you are using an updated system. An outdated system can crash anytime while taking any update on any app.
So, these preliminary items can save you to avoid such a circumstance.
Fix 3: Basic Troubleshooting
If you have tried this basic troubleshooting already, then you may skip this fix. Moreover, it helps you to be extra sure that there is no problem with your Quickbooks. Follow the steps manually to get rid of the error.
- Check if your subscription is valid.
- You may reset the Quickbooks Desktop app.
- Check whether the payroll service key is correct.
- You may end the task of QBWebconnector.exe to ensure the restart of Quickbooks.
- Reboot the Quickbooks app.
Fix 4: Reset Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Defender firewall can restrict you from taking an update of any app. Many users have claimed that this simple fix has recovered the issue. Let’s try this.
- Expand the Quickbooks Desktop app. Open Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Look for Quickbooks version in the Port Monitor.
- Note down the port number. Next, open Windows Firewall.
- Navigate through the following option-sequence: Advanced settings> Inbound Rules(right-click on this option)>New Rule>Port>Next.
- Make sure that TCP is selected. You have to provide the specific ports of Quickbooks year version.
- Choose Next and Allow the Connection option consecutively. Now, click on the Finish option.
Finally, check whether the error persists. Open Quickbooks in multi-user mode and try to update the app again. If you still find it difficult, then proceed to the next fix.
Fix 5: Create Exception on Firewall
Quickbooks uses executable files to perform many operations. You can take a look at the Configure the antivirus or firewall option using the Quickbooks. Let’s check out the process.
- Search for Windows Firewall using the search bar of your system. Go to the Advanced option.
- Right-click on the Inbound Rules option. Choose New Rule from the list of options.
- Choose the Program and select the Next option.
- Go for This Program Path and click on Browse.
- Search the file path and go to Next.
- Now, select Allow the Connection and go to Next again.
- Confirm all the changes by clicking on Next and Finish. Do the same process for Outbound rules also, under the Advanced option.
We hope that this will work for your Quickbooks on your system. If not, then don’t worry. We have a few fixes left.
Fix 6: Disable the Antivirus
Consider this fix only when the above two fixes refused to perform and you are still having trouble with the Quickbooks update error 15101. Disable your third-party antivirus to download the update of Quickbooks in your system. Sometimes, the antivirus can give you trouble, especially in these update issues. But we recommend you enable it as soon as possible you have successfully downloaded the update.
Fix 7: Reinstall Quickbooks Desktop
This fix works well if you apply this fix in a selective startup. This ensures more efficiency of the fix. Follow the steps to launch your computer in a selective startup.
- Launch Run dialog box by pressing Win and R simultaneously.
- Fill it out with ‘msconfig” and hit Enter.
- Choose Selective Startup and Load System Services, consecutively, under the General tab.
- Proceed to the Services tab. Choose All Microsoft Services. Then, choose Disable All.
- Uncheck the checkbox beside ‘Hide All Microsoft services’. Make sure to check the Windows Installer checkbox.
- Choose the OK option and then click on Restart to complete the task.
Now, proceed to the next chunk of activities.
- Install ‘Clean Install Quickbooks Desktop’. Wait till the process is over.
- Next, you have to launch your computer in a normal startup.
- Launch Run dialog box, again. Type “msconfig” followed by pressing Enter.
- Go to Normal Startup under the General tab. Choose Ok.
- Lastly, choose the Restart option.
Tip: Install Digital Signature Certificate
This is an additional procedure to overcome the error. If none of the fixes had helped you, then you must try this sure-shot process. It will help you to get rid of the error instantly.
- Navigate the following path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\Quickbooks.
- Look for QBW32.exe and right-click on it to select Properties.
- Proceed to the tab of Digital Signature. Make sure that Intuit is checked.
- Go to Details. Then click on View Certificate.
- Go to Install Certificate and click on it. Next, choose Install Certificate.
- Choose Next unless you can find Finish. After you complete the task, restart your computer.
Now, you can try redownloading the update of Quickbooks.
We hope that all the fixes have helped you in resolving the Quickbooks error 15101.