QuickBooks is a popular accounting and payroll software that offers online or desktop accounting applications and features. However, users often experience “QuickBooks error 6150” while launching the Company file. This error can appear due to numerous reasons.
This type of QuickBooks error indicates that there is a certain issue appearing during the payroll update process.
If you currently seeing the same error code on your QuickBooks application, then there is no need to worry. Fortunately, there are various ways to overcome the error. So, go through this entire article and resolve the error instantly.
Predictable Causes of the QuickBooks Error
Whenever you get QuickBooks error 6150, you will find certain issues arising in your device. You may find that the device keeps crashing or freezing for a fraction of a second. Now, let’s discuss a few common causes of this QuickBooks error:
- Due to the wrong or incorrect QuickBooks settings, users can confront this error.
- Some users also experience this error when the Company file gets corrupted or damaged due to certain reasons.
- Moreover, the presence of malware or virus can also lead you to such QuickBook errors.
- Further, improper installation of the QuickBooks app can also be responsible for this error.
Once you are accustomed to the possible causes of QuickBooks error code 6150, proceed to the troubleshooting section.
Reliable Workarounds to Eradicate QuickBooks Error Code -6150
Before attempting any critical troubleshooting process, you can reboot your device. Because a simple reboot can often resolve the QuickBooks error without further delay. After rebooting, if you can’t overcome the QuickBooks issue, then you can go through the underlying dedicated methods that are proven to work for many affected users. Therefore, let’s begin with the solutions:
Method 1: Look for Virus and Malware
In certain scenarios, some malicious components influence the QuickBooks error, So, as the primary repair strategy, you need to look for the malware or virus that might infect your device.
For this purpose, you can use the Windows Defender utility, which is a built-in tool specially designed for detecting the malicious components. You can follow the underlying steps to determine how to proceed with this solution.
Step 1: Open the Search dialog box from the Start menu and write “Windows Defender”. After that, tap on the OK button to proceed further.
Step 2: Now, you can find a list of applications installed on your device. From the list, choose Windows Defender.
Step 3: Thereafter, hit the “Scan” option from the queue window to initiate the scanning process. Once you perform this instruction, Windows Defender will scan your entire device to discover the malicious components.
Step 4: If it finds any malicious components, it will repair them automatically. Once the scanning is completed, you will get a message indicating that the process is over.
Lastly, you can restart your device to save the new changes. On the other hand, you can also use any other antivirus suite for this purpose.
Method 2: Inspect the Third-Party Security Suite
Third-party security suite tends to restrict certain applications from running properly. And QuickBooks is one such application that can conflict with the third-party security suite. So, if you have a third-party security application installed on your device, we suggest you disable it to reduce the internal conflicts.
Procedure to Disable Real-Time Protection
- Open the Start menu by clicking on the Start icon.
- Now, inside the search dialogue box, click the Settings app.
- Once the Settings app initiates, navigate to the “Update and Security.
- Then, tap on the “Windows Security” from the menu.
- After that, locate the “Virus and Threat Protection” and go for the Manage Settings.
- Inside the window, tap on the “Real-Time Protection” button and switch the option ‘Off’.
- Mention the timing when you want to resume the “Real-Time Protection”.
- Hit the OK button from the confirmation dialog box and confirm the recent changes.
After disabling the security suite, reboot your device and verify if the error still appears or not. In case, if the error persists, then it’s better to remove the third-party security software from your device.
Procedure to Uninstall the Antivirus Software
- Go to the Start menu and initiate the Settings app.
- When the Settings app invokes, tap on the System form the resultant menu.
- Afterward, go to the left pane and choose “Apps and Features”.
- Under the “Apps and Features” scroll down and locate the third-party security software.
- Once you find it, right-tap on it and hit the “Uninstall” button from the appeared menu.
- Confirm the uninstallation process by hitting the OK button twice.
When the uninstallation process is over, reboot your device to let the new modifications take effect.
Method 3: Restore from Backup
In this procedure, we suggest you restore from backup. But, this method is exclusively for those who have already made a backup. A majority of users claim that after restoring the backup, the QuickBooks error gets removed from their device. Here are the steps that should be followed to restore the backup.
Launch the QuickBooks application and tap on the File section. After that, hit the “Restore Company” option from the appeared menu. Now, apply to “Restore a backup copy” and hit the Next button to proceed further.
In this step, go to the Local Backup and hit the drop-down menu to choose the location of the “Company file” backup. Now, select the backup that should be located in the “.qbb” extension. Thereafter, choose the “Save-in” drop-down menu and try to browse for the desired location to restore the backup files.
Inside the File-name field, enter a new “Company File” name. Also, verify that the Save as a field should save the restored file in the “.qbw” format automatically. Once you’re done with the above instructions, hit the Yes button from the confirmation dialog box to confirm the restoration process.
Method 4: Update the QuickBooks
If the previous methods fail to treat the QuickBooks error 6150 properly, you can update the QuickBooks application. It might give you the desired result.
- Firstly, invoke the QuickBooks app and navigate to the Help menu. Under the menu, tap on the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- After that, choose the updates to download and hit the “Get Updates” option from the appeared menu.
- To see what is included in the update, go to the Update column and choose the option “Maintenance Releases link”.
- Once the process is over, exit the QuickBooks and verify whether the error gets removed or not.
We hope this article will be helpful for you to deal with this QuickBooks issue. But, after performing the methods if the error still appears, we suggest you uninstall the QuickBooks app and then install a fresh copy. This will surely help you to overcome the QuickBooks error 6150.
If the solutions work, let us know about your experience in the comment section below. You can also post your queries on other error codes, which are generated while using QuickBooks.