A user may face QuickBooks Error 6175 if the software is not able to access the company file where all the accounting information is stored.
The company file is an important file maintained by the QuickBooks software. It is the main repository where all the accounting information is stored and maintained. Therefore, it needs to have access to the file to function properly.
The QuickBooks Error 6175 0 occurs when the software cannot access this file due to various reasons. This problem appears as a prompt and can cause the software to crash.
Usually, this error occurs in a multi-user mode. Without accessing the company file, it will not be able to load the database.
Why is QuickBooks Error 6175 0 Caused?
The QuickBooks Error 6175 0 is commonly caused due to a failure in one of its service processes. Another reason is when the database service manager is running in a multi-user mode on the host computer.
The following are some other reasons for which this error could be caused.
- Network or communication error
- Server is busy
- Damaged software components
- Corrupt system files
- Firewall or security software restriction
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175?
QuickBooks Error 6175 0 could be a scary issue. However, your files will be safe. Complete the following checklist before you try one of the solutions.
- Restart your computer
- Try to run QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Check your internet connection
- Do a full system scan of your computer
- Update your Windows operating system to the latest version
Solution 1 – Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Most of the common errors of QuickBooks can easily be fixed with their official diagnostic tools. QuickBooks File Doctor is one such tool that can automatically scan and fix the company files.
You can run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool by following the steps below.
- Open a browser and visit the official site of QuickBooks. Find and download the latest version of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Right-click on the downloaded tool and select ‘Run as Administrator’. Next, click on the drop-down list and choose your company files. You can browse them if you cannot find them in the drop-down list.
- Choose ‘Both damage and network connectivity’ and follow the instructions.
- Confirm your admin privileges by entering the login credentials.
- Choose the computers connected to your network. Grant them access to the company files by selecting yes when prompted.
Solution 2 – Check QuickBooks Database Server Installation
The main computer where the company file is located is known as the Host computer. The other computers accessing this file from the host computer are known as workstations or work computers.
The QuickBooks Database Server is an important part of QuickBooks software. It is mandatory to install it only on the host computer. Therefore, you should check whether it is properly installed or not.
You can download the latest version of QuickBooks Database Server from their official website. They keep a check on all incoming requests from workstations. Thus, they help the other computers on the network to access the company files from the host computer.
Solution 3 – Check File Hosting Service
One of the most common mistakes is accessing a company file without having the proper permissions. Thus, a computer can face QuickBooks Error 6175 0 if they do not have permission to access the file.
Therefore, you can grant files access by following the steps given below. You need to do this on the host computer.
- Click on the File menu from the QuickBooks main window. Select the Utilities option from the list.
- Look for ‘Host multi-user access’ and then click on ‘Yes’ when you see a prompt for confirmation.
- Next, you’ll see a message saying that ‘Company Files must be closed”. Simply click on ‘Yes’ once again.
- Hence, you will be able to set up a multi-user mode successfully. The workstation computers will now be able to access the company files from the host computer.
- Thus, you should try to open QuickBooks and open the company file.
Solution 4 – Change QuickBooks Service to Local System
The primary cause for QuickBooks Error 6175 0 is when its processes are not running properly. Therefore, you need to make sure that it is allowed to run in the background.
You can check this by following the steps below.
- Press the Windows logo button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Type ‘services.msc’ and then click on Ok.
- Find QuickBooksDBxx from the list of services. Here, ‘xx’ will refer to the version of QuickBooks installed on your system. Right-click and further click on Properties.
- Go to the ‘Log on’ tab. Here, select ‘Local System Account’.
- Finally, click on Apply. Next, click on Ok.
- Now, open QuickBooks and try to access the company file.
Solution 5 – Assign Admin Privileges to QBDataServiceUser
QBDataServiceUser is a special user account that is created by QuickBooks software. This account is important for its normal functionality.
Therefore, a user could face QuickBooks Error 6175 0 if this account hasn’t been granted any Administrator privileges. You can grant the permissions by following the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows logo button to open the Start menu. Type ‘user’ in the search field and select ‘User Accounts’.
- Click on ‘Manage another Account’ and find QBDataServiceUser. Under this, click on ‘Change account type’ and choose ‘Administrator’
- Close the window after you’ve finished the above step.
Solution 6 – Check Firewall Settings
Security software or Windows firewall could block workstations from accessing the company files from the host computer. In such cases, you need to provide exceptions in their settings.
You can provide these exceptions by following the given procedure. This is to be done for Windows Firewall.
- Press the Windows logo button. Type ‘firewall’ in the search bar. Select the Windows Firewall option that you’ll see under Control Panel.
- Next, click on the Advanced Setting located on the left-hand pane. Choose the Inbound rules and click on Rule Type.
- Here, you will see an option for ‘Specific Local Ports’. Simply click on the text field and enter the following. The years represent the software version that is installed on your PC.
- 2016 – 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- 2017 – 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- 2018 – 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- 2019 – There are no port numbers for the latest version of QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Database Manager tool will automatically fix it for you.
Similarly, you can enter the same port numbers in the exception list of your security software. You can just copy and paste the port numbers in the text fields.
Solution 7 – Reinstall QuickBooks Software
This is considered as a last resort to resolve QuickBooks Error 6175 0. Before you do this, you should back up all the company files in an external drive.
First, you have to uninstall QuickBooks through the Control Panel. Next, download the latest version of QuickBooks from their official website.
Finally, run the installer as an Administrator and do a clean reinstallation of QuickBooks on all the computers.
To summarize, the QuickBooks Error 6175 should be easily fixed by now. Reinstalling software helps to get rid of all the existing errors. In addition to this, your software will also run better than before.