Most of the time, you get this Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error code 20 after updating your Windows to a higher version. Whenever you try to print any payslip, form, or a PDF by using Quickbooks software, this error message pops up on your screen.
So if you are constantly getting this error message and unable to print through your Quickbook application then you must fix this issue as soon as possible. If you do not know how to do it then we have the solutions for you.
Why Do You Get Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 in Windows 10?
There are various reasons that can cause this Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error code 20 in your Windows 10. Until or unless you know its causes, you can not solve this issue.
So without wasting time, let’s check out what the causes of this error.
- If you delete the HKey_curent_config\Software key from the Registry Editor, then you might get this error code. Along with QuickBooks, many software use this key. So, if any malfunction happens with any of the software then you might encounter this error.
- If you install multiple QuickBooks on your computer without uninstalling the old ones then this error message will pop up on your screen.
buy antabuse online meadowcrestdental.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/jpg/antabuse.html no prescription
- Another reason could be an incompatible PDF driver or Quickbooks version.
- Using outdated Windows and QuickBooks desktop applications is another cause of this error.
- If QuickBooks software is not properly installed then you might get this error message.
- Finally, an issue in printer drivers can cause this error.
buy cytotec online meadowcrestdental.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/jpg/cytotec.html no prescription
How to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
If you are a Windows 10 user and getting this Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error code 20 then you can follow these effective solutions to fix this issue.
1. Reinstall QuickBooks
If you get Quickbooks printer not activated error then uninstall the Quickbooks and reinstall it to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
- Click on the Windows logo and search for Control Panel.
- Open your Control Panel window and go to Programs and Features.
- Locate QuickBooks and click on the Uninstall option.
- Now go to the official site and download the latest and compatible version of QuickBooks.
- Reinstall the application by following the online instructions.
- After the process completes, Reboot your system and check if the issue still persists or not
2. Update the Registry Key
You can update your registry key manually and try to fix this error. You can update your registry key in two different ways.
- First, open the registry editor.
- Press the start key from the keyboard and type in the search panel regedit.
- Right-click on the ‘regedit’ and select run as an administrator and to access the registry editor.
- Find out the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG directory.
- Right-click on the software folder and choose permission.
- Check whether you have full control of the table or not.
- Click on OK and close both the windows and registry editor.
If you are a Windows 10 user then only you can apply this second method to update the registry key.
- Click on the Windows logo button and type in the search panel ‘cmd’.
- Right-click on cmd and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type Powershell in the Command Prompt and hit the Enter key.
- Now copy and paste the code that will be appearing on the computer’s screen.
- Check if the issue still persists or not.
3. Set Print Spooler Service
Print spooler is a software application through which you can manage the printing process. If the printer spooler service is not running properly then you might receive this error message. So it is important to configure print spooler service in order to fix this error.
- Press and hold Windows key and R simultaneously and type MSC in the Run Box.
- Right-click on the Print spooler service and choose Properties.
- Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Choose Automatic mode from the Startup Type dropdown.
- Click on Start to enable the service again.
- Do a self-test by printing something and check the issue.
4. Fix QuickBooks PDF Component QBprint.qbp File
If there is an issue in your Quickbooks PDF component or file then you might get this error. In this case, you must repair that component to fix this issue.
- Open Control Panel and navigate to Programs and Features
- Search QuickBooks from the list of installed programs and select it.
- Click on the Change option and follow the online instructions.
- Once the repair process is complete, restart your computer.
- Check if the issue gets resolved or not.
5. Troubleshooting the Microsoft Document Writer-Windows Component
Microsoft document writer is an inbuilt Windows feature through which you can print your file. It allows Quickbooks application to save information in PDF. But, somehow if some issue occurs in this component then you won’t be able to print and get this error message.
So, it is important to fix the Microsoft Document writer to avoid this error. Follow these steps.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and open it.
- Choose Open File Location Option from the menu.
- Navigate to the Temp folder and search the folder that represents the version of your QuickBooks.
- Open the Third Party folder.
- Locate and double-click on the exe file and start the installation process.
- Once the process completes, open QuickBooks and register the license.
- Do a self-test and check the issue
These are the few methods that you can follow to fix Quickbooks Printer not activated error code 20. If you want to avoid this error then do check the USB connections once in a while.
Use anti-virus software and run it on a daily basis so that you can eliminate such errors.