QuickBooks Update Error 15270 usually appears when a user tries to download a payroll update or a setup file.
Besides, it can also occur if an Intuit related software program like QuickBooks, is running during the startup, closure or during the installation of the Windows Operating System.
On confronting this error, an error message stating “Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.” may appear on your screen.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 15270
QuickBooks Error Code 15270 is a critical error and should be resolved immediately. However, before diving into its solutions, we will be discussing some of the causes behind it.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks
- Corrupted Windows Program
- Firewall or Anti-virus Program
- Incorrect QuickBooks Update
- Poor Internet Connection
Simple Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15270
Now that you got a clear idea regarding its causes, let’s plunge into some of the ways by which you will be able to resolve QuickBooks Error code 15270 efficiently.
Fix 1: Update QuickBooks Payroll Manually
An easy way to get rid of this QuickBooks error code 15270 is by updating the Quickbooks Payrolls manually. Here is how you can do so.
- Firstly, restart QuickBooks. Once the “QuickBooks Update Service” screen opens, click on “Install later”
- Now, navigate to Help> Update QuickBooks. In the “Update QuickBooks” section, select the “Update now” option. Press Ok to confirm the reset.
- After a successful completion of the updating process, the “Get update” option will get activated. You will also notice a pop-up message stating “Update Complete”. Restart the QuickBook Software again.
- If “QuickBooks Update Service” pop up appears again, make sure to select “Install Now”.
Now Click on the “Employees” tab and then go to the “Get Payroll Updates” tab.
- Install the Payroll Updates again and make sure you select the “Download entire payroll update” again as well. Lastly, click on the “Update” icon.
Fix 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
If the error persists even after the solution mentioned above, then it is recommended to install QuickBooks Dekstop in Selective Startup. To do so, follow the steps cited below.
- Firstly, ensure that the subscription is in the active state. After that, in the Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll application, select the “Employees” tab and then go to the “My Payroll Service” tab.
- After that, go to the “Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences” section.
- Now, sign in to the “Intuit Account” and make sure to check the “QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance” page and subscription activity.
- Check if Internet Explorer is set up as a default browser. If it is not then set it up as default browser.
- Now disable the “User Account Control” icon temporarily and select the “Repair QuickBooks Desktop” option
- Lastly, go to “Selective Startup” and undergo a clean installation process.
This must resolve the error for you without any hassle. However, if the problem still persists make sure to follow the solution mentioned next.
Fix 3: Run Reboot.bat file
On running the reboot.bat file, the QuickBooks-related.DLL and.OCX files get re-registered in Microsoft Windows. Here’s how to do that.
- Firstly, turn off your QuickBooks Desktop and then open the folder which contains “reboot.bat file”. Right-click on the “QuickBooks” icon and then select Properties. Now, choose the “Open file location” option.
- Right-click on the “reboot.bat” file and then choose “Run as System Administrator”.
- After doing so, you will see a black window on your screen with scrolling file names.
- Make sure to restart your system after this.
Fix 5: Perform a Clean Install
Another way in which you can fix this error is by performing a QuickBooks clean install. To perform a clean install all you have to do is uninstall QuickBook first. After that, you should rename the installation folder and lastly reinstall the QuickBook software again.
Fix 6: Change the User Account Settings
Many users claim that changing the user account settings has helped them resolve this issue easily. Thus to do so, follow the steps mentioned below thoroughly.
- First of all, go to Start and then select the Control Panel option situated on the right.
- After that, go to the Users account and open it. Now, turn the toggle of “Never Notify” option and then click on Ok
- Lastly, make sure to restart your computer and check if the error got resolved or not.
Fix 7: Incorrect Identification Number
Also, another reason why you may confront this error is due to an incorrect Identification Number. Therefore, make sure that you are utilizing the Employee Identification Number. This is because you may use the social security number or enter the Service Key mistakenly. Thus, it is highly recommended not to do so and enter an Employer’s Identification number only.
Additions tips to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15270
If none of the solutions above work for you, then you can try these two additionals techniques to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 15270.
- Switch the Internet connection from Wifi to Hard wired.
- Ensure that Internet Explorer is set as the default browser.