Microsoft Outlook is basically used as an email application. This application can store all the information and data in PST format. These PST files are a little bit sensitive and can get damaged due to many reasons. The main reason behind this issue is virus or malware attack in your device. When the files get corrupted the scanpst.exe command can help you to resolve the issue in a minute. Whenever users face this problem an error notification of scanpst.exe missing continuously pop-ups on the screen and restrict your work as well.
By any case, if you are also encountering the same issue, then you are in the right place to get rid of the problem. Here in this article, we are going to discuss some workable methods which will absolutely help you to resolve this critical issue on your own. So, go through the entire article and follow the methods exactly the same as stated in the below section.
Why Users Get Scanpst.exe Missing Error?
There are many reasons for what you might face the scanpst.exe related issue in your Outlook account. Most of the time, the scanpst.exe gets missing and Outlook application stop working as well.
The main reason behind this issue is the virus and malware attack. If your system gets attacked by virus or malware, then this error message pop-ups on the screen.
Each Microsoft account contains a limit for storing PST files. In that case, you might get this issue due to the overloading of Personal Storage Table Data. In case, if anybody exceeds the capacity of PST storage, then the files might get corrupted or erased from your account automatically.
Methods to Implement to Overcome Scanpst.exe Missing Error:
This is the basic method to fix the issue in a minute. It is recommended not to skip any step or make any mistake while executing the steps. Any sort of mistake may not solve the issue as well. So, let’s start:
- First, you have to make sure that the Outlook application is closed perfectly.
- After that, operate Scanpst.exe by clicking double on the option which is situated in the system drive “\Program Files\System\MAPI\1033\95 or NT.”
- Now, you have to insert the name of the file that you desired to scan.
- Also, put the PST or OST file that you want to verify.
- Now, you need to choose the scan log. It will help you to identify the error as well.
- When all the method gets completed, tap on the Start icon and wait for some moments until the scanning process gets finished.
- Moreover, you can also change the path of the backup files as per your wish.
- Then, on the scanpst.exe file, you have to click on the Repair icon.
- After that, launch the Outlook by using the name of .PST.
- At the final step, check if you have successfully eliminated the error or not.
If the above method is not workable for you, then you may go through with this one by creating another Outlook PST using a new Unicode.
- To do so, at first, launch Outlook in your device.
- Tap on the Home icon and after that, you have to choose the “New Items” option.
- Click on the down arrow and select More Items as well.
- Choose “Outlook Data File” and then navigate to click on the “Save As Type” option.
- Now, select a file you want to save and then tap on OK.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on the screen and verify if you are still getting the issue or not.
Hopefully, the above article will guide you properly when you find the scanpst.exe missing. Executing the methods step-by-step will definitely cooperate you to get rid of the issue in a minute. But in any case, if you find any complication then do not feel to write to us. Send your feedback along with your query and lets us resolve your doubts. We are always eager to get valuable feedback from you.