The ‘Sim not provisioned MM#2’ issue can appear on your dual-sim mobile phones when you have swapped the sim cards. Well, there are other reasons for this issue, too. It may also occur when you have inserted a new sim to your mobile phone.
Some users have even complained that they encounter this issue while transferring their phone contacts to the sim card. If you are one of the victims of this issue, then you are in the right place. Here you will get effective solutions to eradicate this error from your phone.
How to Fix Sim Not Provisioned MM#2 Issue?
Sim card not provisioned MM#2 error means that your mobile phone has failed to recognize the sim card that you have inserted. It may seem weird when you are using a sim card for a long time.
If you are stuck with this annoying error, please use the fixes cited below until you get the issue disappeared on your phone. Let’s start.
Fix 1: Restart your Phone
This is the first and foremost fix that you can try. Restarting will help the device to get rid of all the junk files and background apps at the same time. Excessive load of background apps can restrict the sim card to operate normally.
Use the steps listed below to reboot your phone.
- Just press and hold the Power button on your smartphone.
- You can definitely notice a Restart option.
- Tap on the Restart option.
You have to wait a while until the phone restarts. Once it restarts, you can surely check out if the error is still there or not.
Fix 2: Check Out the Sim Space
If you are getting the error message: ‘Sim not provisioned MM#2’ recently, then you can use this hack. You have to make sure that the sim slot is clean enough so that it can operate correctly.
- If your phone’s battery is detachable, then you can remove the battery. There you can locate the sim slot. Clean the slot with a soft cotton cloth. You can use a cotton swab, too.
- If your phone’s battery is not detachable, then use the sim ejector tool or pin. You can find a hole near the sim slots on your phone. Eject the sim and clean the sim slot with a cotton swab.
After you have cleaned the sim slot, place the sim to its exact position. Switch on your phone and check out if the error disappears.
Fix 3: Seat the Sim Card Properly
If none of the fixes weren’t enough, then your sim might have been displaced from its actual position. Use the guidelines below to insert and seat the sim card properly to your phone.
- Switch off your Android device.
- Get a sim ejector tool or pin. Insert the pin to the hole near the sim slot.
- The sim slot should open up. Remove the sim cards.
- Take a pencil eraser and rub it gently on the gold chip of the sim card.
- Make sure that you have cleaned the sim tray with a cotton swab.
- Place the sim back to the tray, properly. Push the sim tray back to your phone.
Finally, you can switch on the smartphone. Check out if the error still persists.
Fix 4: Activate your Sim Card
Whenever you insert a new sim card to your phone, it generally gets activated within 24 hours. If you are still getting the Sim not provisioned MM#2 error, then you must check if the sim has activated or not.
For that, you have to perform any of the three options cited below. Well, you can try all of them.
- Place a call to your service provider.
- Send a message.
- Sign in to the website of the carrier service provider. Find out the activation page.
Before applying these above-mentioned fixes, make sure that all these services are available for your service provider. Otherwise, they don’t work.
Fix 5: Contact the Service Provider
If the sim hasn’t responded yet, then you can use this fix. You can’t use the infected phone to reach your service provider. Use another phone to reach the service provider and ask them if anything is wrong with the sim.
You should keep patience while they are looking into this matter. It should get resolved after a while if it was their fault.
Fix 6: Use Another Sim Slot
The issue can never get solved if the sim card slot gets corrupted. A corrupted sim slot can’t work without proper repair. But there’s no need to worry. Most smartphones show up dual sim slots, nowadays. Follow the guidelines to recover the issue.
- You have to remove the affected sim from the sim slot.
- Place the sim to the other sim slot on your phone.
If the error message is not showing up, then the first sim slot has corrupted. You can repair the sim slot at your convenience, later.
Fix 7: Use the Same Sim on Other Devices
If none of the above fixes resolves the Sim not provisioned MM#2 issue, then you have to check if the sim is really in a working state. You can check it out if you can avail of other devices.
- Remove the sim from the affected mobile device. You may use the sim ejector tool.
- Next, grab a smartphone. Make sure that the phone is turned off.
- Open up the sim slot of the second phone.
- Place the same sim on the sim slot of the second phone.
- Switch on the second phone.
Now, try to use the Sim card by making any call or sending an SMS. If the same message appears, then it means that the sim is faulty.
Fix 8: Use Another Sim on the Same Sim Slot
If the sim is working correctly in another device, then the problem may reside at the sim slot of the phone that you are using. You may use the following guidelines to figure out the reason.
- Get a new, full-working sim card.
- Switch off your smartphone.
- Eject the sim tray and place the new sim on the infected sim slot.
buy clomiphene online buy clomiphene no prescription
- Turn on the device.
If it works, then the sim is faulty. Otherwise, the sim slot has corrupted. In that case, you can avail of the second sim slot of the smartphone, as we have mentioned in a fix, above.
Hopefully, the guide was helpful to get rid of the sim not provisioned MM#2 issue. You can switch to a new sim with the same number with the help of your carrier service provider. That’s the only choice left for you.
If you think that the sim slot has corrupted, then Mobile repair as soon as possible. Until then, you can use the other sim slot.