One of the most popular telecommunication application is Skype. Though it is reliable but not free from technical glitches. Usually, some users reported that they get Skype video not working issue while using Skype on your device. Due to this error, the users are unable to initiate a video call. The problem might arise when there is a problem with the webcam. However, the integrated webcam is the main reason for the external or USB webcams. Try to close all the applications that are running in the background while initiating a video call. If you are using an external webcam, then it also occurs due to this. However, no matter what are the reasons behind this issue, you need to fix it. Follow the rest of the article and check the solutions provided by us in order to solve the problem.
Incredible Hacks to Resolve the Skype Video Not Working Issue:
If the video is switched on and still it is not working, then you need to fix the issue. If you cannot see, then the problem might be from your side. A slow network might also lead you to this situation. However, there are various fixes to fix the glitch immediately. Hence, go through the steps carefully in details and apply them accordingly.
Fix 1: Check the Webcam on Skype
Your video cannot work when the webcam is not configured properly whether you are using an external USB or in-built webcam. You can check the Skype application.
- At first, log in to the Skype account. After that, click the Tools from the Menu bar in the Skype window. After that, select Options.
- Then, go to the Video Settings option. Now, a drop-down menu will appear on the system screen. Choose your webcam from the list. When you choose the webcam, a small window will open the system screen.
- Try to change the USB port on your device. After that, check whether the Skype video call not working problem still persists or not. Otherwise, move on to the next section.
Fix 2: Update the Skype Application
Most of the technical glitches occur if you are using an older version of the Skype application on your device. Hence, it is recommended to update the application to its latest version. Moreover, you need to bring the Operating System as well as the Skype application into sync to avoid such problems.
- To do so, at first, visit the official website and check whether an updated version is available or not.
- If yes, then verify the compatibility of the application and proceed for downloading the latest version of it.
- Next, you need to locate a particular folder to save the executable file. Now. uninstall the current version of Skype by going to the Programs and Features option.
- After completing the uninstallation process, move to the folder where you have saved the executable file and wait till the advanced version gets installed. After that, check whether the problem is still present or not.
Fix 3: Check the Configuration of Skype Application
If you are using the Skype application on the Mac device, then you can fix the Skype video not working Mac issue by checking out the Skype configuration. Head over to following steps to check the Skype configuration.
- At first, go to the Tools folder on the Skype application. After that, move to the Options and click on it.
- Now, check out the Audio Device Configuration and check the issue. If this particular method does not help you to solve the issue, then move to the next section.
Fix 4: Reseat the Webcam Connector
After applying the above steps, if you still face the webcam issue on the Skype account, then you should try to reseat the webcam. If your device dropped any mechanical stock, then you might lose the integrated webcam. To check the webcam, you need to unplug the webcam connector and then plug it before mounting back the bezel.
The above methods generally work well in resolving the issue of Skype video not working without any hassle. But in case, if you have any confusion and difficulties regarding the steps, leave comments in the section below.