In the gaming industry, Smite is quite a popular MOBA game. But when you try to open it on the Windows 10 device, you might get some issue. One such error that users often encounter is Smite bad or missing configuration issue.
According to the users, missing dll files or third-party antivirus software are the main reasons behind this annoying situation. But no need to worry at all.
You can easily fix the problem with the help of these solutions mentioned in the section below.
Reasons for Smite Bad or Missing Configuration:
There are various reasons for the occurrence of this annoying situation. Here are some common causes of this problem.
- Sometimes, Smite is not able to connect to the server and as a result, the problem appears.
- If you interrupt the installation process of the Smite, you will encounter bad or missing configuration of Smite.
So, let’s check how to get rid of this situation.
Apparent Fixes for Smite Bad or Missing Configuration:
You can check out the popular solutions provided here to fix Smite bad or missing configuration issue.
Fix 1: Check the Antivirus
Sometimes, the problem might appear due to the third-party antivirus software. Therefore, you need to turn off the antivirus software temporarily.
In case, if the problem still persists, then uninstall the antivirus. After that, open the Smite or install the game and check whether the problem gets resolved.
Step 1: Turn Off the Antivirus Software
First of all, disable the antivirus and check whether the problem gets resolved. If the problem gets fixed just by disabling the antivirus software, then you do not need to uninstall the software.
Hence, follow the steps in order to turn off the antivirus software.
- At first, launch the antivirus software on your device and then move to the Setting section.
- Thereafter, click on the Disable the Antivirus option and you can set time-period also. Once you are done with the steps, restart the system. Then try to install or launch the game and check whether it is working properly or not.
If you find that the problem still persists, then uninstalling the antivirus software is the best option. To do that, go through the steps.
Step 2: Uninstall the Antivirus
- At first, press the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section. Now, navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- Here, you will find all the applications installed on your device.
- Locate the antivirus software from the list and right-click on it. After that, click on the Uninstall option from the drop-down menu.
It will take some time to uninstall the antivirus. Most of the time, after doing this you no longer find this issue. In case, if the problem still persists then, move to the next section.
Fix 2: Ensure that Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Services is Running
A certain number of people have complained that they are unable to install the game on Windows 10 due to this problem. Thus, you need to turn on the Hi-rez Studios Authenticate and the Update Services at the same time.
Take these steps to perform.
- First of all, launch the Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key at the same time. Now, type ‘services.msc’ in the Run box and hit the Enter button.
- Then the Services window will appear on the system screen. After that, find out the Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service from the list.
- Right-click on it and then select the Start button from the drop-down list.
Once done, try to install the Smite again and check whether Smite bad or missing configuration fix or not.
Fix 3: Uninstall Smite and Reinstall
If the problem still persists, then uninstalling and reinstalling the Smite is the only solution. To perform so, follow the steps as described in the following section.
- First of all, press the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section. After that, switch to View as: Category which is available at the top of the right corner of the system screen.
- Thereafter, click on the Programs section and click on the Uninstall a Program. Now, locate the Smite from the list and right-click on it.
- Next, select the Uninstall option from the drop-down menu. It will take some time to uninstall the game.
- Once done, restart the system and then launch a web browser. Visit the official website of Smite. Now, download the latest version of the Smite game which is compatible with your device.
- When the downloading process completed, install it on your device. Wait until the process gets over.
Now, try to open the game and check whether it is running properly.
Fix 4: Create a New User Account
The problem might sometimes appear due to the user’s account. Most of the users have reported that they have resolved the problem by creating a new user account.
To do so, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- At first, press the Windows and I key at the same time to open the Settings app. After that, move to the Accounts section.
- Now, choose Family & other people which is situated at the left panel of the system screen. Thereafter, click on the Add someone else to this PC option available in the right panel.
- Now, click on the ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information’ option and then click on the Next button.
- Next, select the ‘Add a user without a Microsoft account’ option. Again, click on the Next button.
- Further, enter the username and tap on the Next button
Now, you have successfully created a new user account, switch to it.
Hopefully, after doing this, you will no longer find the error message Smite bad or missing configuration in your Windows 10 device.