The system idle process high is the most critical issue when it is beyond the range of CPU usage. Mainly, the system idle process is a system built-in program that estimates the idealism of the PC processing unit.
If multiple services and programs run in the background, then its CPU loses its idle state. Therefore, a high percentage of CPU usage indicates a large amount of processing unit is used by your PC.
As a result, the system running programs start to crash automatically. However, go through the entire article and utilize the power cycle of CPU effectively.
Resolve the System Idle Process High CPU Windows 10 with Technical Ways
There are various technical issues that you can encounter quite often when the system idle CPU usage is very high. Therefore, you might follow the steps that are discussed below and resolve the problems very quickly.
Solution 1: Disable the Startup Apps and Services
Due to incompatible startup items and Windows applications, you might experience high process usage. To mitigate this problem, you need to disable the background running apps and run the Windows PC smoothly.
- Right-click on the Task Bar and choose Task Manager from the context menu.
- Now, click on the Startup tab from the resultant window and then turn off the programs that are running in the background.
- After that, click on the End Task button and finish the task properly.
- Next, open the Windows Services window and click on the Service tab.
- Then, place a tick on the checkbox that says, “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Confirm the process by tapping the Apply and OK button respectively.
- At last, restart the Windows and check whether the Windows are running smoothly or not.
Solution 2: Upgrade the Drivers with the Latest Version
An outdated driver is a key part of the Windows OS as it helps to operate the hardware. Therefore, you might install the drivers with the latest versions and overcome the system idle process high problem.
- Type “device manager” in the search box and press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Here, you can see a list of installed drivers with their version details.
- If any yellow triangle mark appears beside the driver list, then right-click on it.
- Then, choose Update Driver from the pop-up menu and go to the next step by tapping on the Next button.
- After that, choose the option that says, “search automatically for updated driver software” by clicking on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to begin the driver update process.
- The entire process will take several minutes to complete and once it is done, reboot the system in normal mode.
Solution 3: Adjust the Windows 10 Performance
High CPU usage caused by the system idle process affects the performance of the entire internal system. Then, you might adjust the Windows 10 features to improve the CPU performance.
- Open the Control Panel window and search the Performance program option.
- Now, choose the option “Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows” from the results that appear on the screen.
- After that, click on the Virtual Effects tab from the Performance Options.
- Then, enable Adjust for best performance option and hit the OK button to confirm.
Solution 4: Repair the Corrupted System Files
If the system file is missing or the system file is corrupted by another malicious program, then the CPU usage issue occurs. You can run the system file repair program and fix the system idle process high CPU problem easily.
- Type “cmd” in the search box and right-click on the Command Prompt from the result.
- Choose Run as Administrator from the context menu and then enter the correct credentials.
- After opening the Command Prompt in admin mode, type “SFC/scannow” in the prompt window.
- The process will start to execute the service and it will start to identify the corrupted system files.
- Then, it will take the necessary actions to repair them accordingly. The process will take several minutes to complete.
- When done, restart the system and see whether the problems got fixed or not.
Solution 5: Verify the Windows SuperFetch
A few numbers of Windows 10 services are the main culprit in damaging the CPU resources. Then, you can disable the Windows built-in SuperFetch service and enhance the CPU power cycle effectively.
Do the following steps and turn off SuperFetch and other associated programs easily.
- Type “services.msc” in the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key.
- Now, scroll down and identify the service name “Superfetch” from the Windows Service screen.
- Next, right-click on that program and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Then, change the Startup Type as Disabled and stop the service immediately.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and OK respectively to apply the new changes.
Solution 6: Remove the Malware
Malware occupies a majority of CPU resources and then it causes the system to slow down issue quite often, To overcome this technical problem, you need to perform an antivirus scan and get rid of the high CPU usage issue very quickly.
- Download a system security software from a trusted website and then install it with the latest version.
- After that, open the newly installed antivirus software and click on the Scan for the virus option from the window.
- Choose either Full Scan or Quick Scan as per your requirements.
- The entire process will take a few minutes to complete and identify the virus infected files respectively.
- Finally, press the Remove button to kill the malware permanently. Thus, you can easily fix the system idle process high problem easily.
By reading the above content, you can fix the CPU usage problem and enhance the processing unit efficiently.
People Also Ask the Following Questions:
- What should be the Processor Usage be at idle?
For a typical idle Windows system, the CPU usage range starts from 0% and it can be extended up to 10%. But, if it exceeds the normal range or continuously shows above 10%, then it is harmful to your system.
- Can I remove the system idle process manually?
You can’t kill the whole system idle processes but it can be regulated. Even, it provides a great result when your PC is running in good condition.