Not all the time the operating system runs smoothly. Sometimes, while running any software or application in your Windows 7 OS, you can face issues. And one of the most common errors that occur in Windows 7 is “failed to connect to a Windows service”.
You will get this error when Windows is unable to start or to connect to the required Window service to carry out the system operations. Apart from this, you can also get this error if there are any corrupted or damaged system files in the device.
buy cytotec online http://www.tvaxbiomedical.com/pdf/releases/new/cytotec.html no prescription
If the Winsock program failed to cooperate with the Windows System, then also this error can be triggered.
So, if you are getting the error, we would suggest you repair it as soon as it is possible. To do that, move on to the next segment.
Exceptional Methods to Fix “Failed to Connect to a Windows Service Windows 7” Error
This section consists of the essential methods to fix the Windows service error. We would suggest you implement the methods accordingly as per your convenience.
Method 1: Run System File Checker (SFC)
The corrupted or damaged system files are the prime reason for this error. Thus, we would suggest you run the System File Checker so that you can fix errors to the earliest.
By just running SFC in Windows 7, you can repair the corrupted system files. And running the SFC is quite easy, so you just need to perform the following steps:
- Go to the Start Button. In the search box, write “cmd”.
- From the searched result, choose “cmd” and then right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on the “Run as Administrator” option.
- In the Command Prompt window, write “sfc/scannow”. Hit the “Enter” button next to run the command.
Now, wait for a while until SFC finished the scanning process. After scanning the damaged or corrupted files from the system, sfc will automatically replace the damaged files with a fresh copy of those files.
Now, restart the device and check if you have solved the error. If not, then go to the next method.
Method 2: Clean Boot Up
A clean boot is a troubleshooting process that allows the user to diagnose the operating system related issues. And performing the clean boot in the device will help you to run the operating system with only the essential drivers and the programs.
So, if you are facing this error, we would recommend you to run the clean boot. To run clean boot in Windows 7, you need to perform the following steps:
- Hold the Windows and R key together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, write “msconfig” in the search field. Hit the “Enter” button next.
- In the next “System Configuration” window, go to the “Service” section.
- Make sure that the “Hide all Microsoft Service” option is checked. If not then make it.
- Now, tap on the “Disable All” button. Now, go to the “Services” section.
- Tap on the “Disable All” option. Click on the “OK” button now to save the current changes.
Now, restart the device and check if you have solved the Microsoft Service. Even after disabling the Microsoft Services, if you are getting this error, then go to the next method to fix it.
Method 3: Reset Winsock Catalog
Winsock is the programming that deals with the input/output request for Internet applications Windows operating system. If there is a default version of Winsock, then you can get this error.
In that case, you need to reset the Winsock catalog. And to do that, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the “Start” button. In the Start search box, write “cmd”:
- From the search result, tap on the “cmd”.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, write the “netsh winsock” command to set it.
- Hit the “Enter” button next to it.
The resetting process might take a while. Restart the device right after that. Now, after restarting the device, check if you are getting the error. If the error persists, go to the next method to get rid of it.
Method 4: Use Registry Editor
You can get the Windows service error if the registry keys or values are missing from the operating system. In that case, you need to change the registry keys and value using the Registry Editor Tool. And to do that, you need to go through the below mentioned process:
- Hold the Windows and R key together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, write “Regedit”. Hit the “Enter” button next to open the Registry Editor.
- Now, in the Registry Editor window, write “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\gpsvc” in the address bar.
- Tap on the “gpsvc” file and then click on the “Image path” value and check its data.
[Note: If you are a Windows 7 user, then the value data will be “svchost.exe -k netsvcs.” This indicates that the “svchost” and “netsvcs” keys are the keys for the Microsoft Service]
- Now, go to the address bar again, and write “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost”. Search for the “netsvcs” value data.
- Double click on it. Now, go to the “Value Data” field. Make sure that the “gpsvc” value data is there. If it is not there, add it in the Value data field.
[Note: You don’t have to delete anything from the value data field. If you find that the “gpsvc’ data is missing, then only add it there.]
Ad if you find that the “Value Name” is not “netsvcs”, then you had to create it, by going to the SvcHost folder. To do that, right-click on the “SvcHost” folder and then select the “New” option.
buy prelone online http://www.tvaxbiomedical.com/pdf/releases/new/prelone.html no prescription
From there, choose the “Key” option and put the “netsvc” name there.
- Choose the “netsvcs” key and then click on the blank space. Select the “New” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on the “DWORD(32-BIT) Value under the “Key” section. In the next window, enter “CoInitializeSecurityParam” in the “Value Name” Field as the new name for the WORD.
- Double click on it and then keep the “Value Data” as “1”. Tap on the “OK” button next to save the current changes.
- Now, create a new DWORD Value and name it as “CoInitializeSecurityAllowLowBox”. Right after that double click on it and change the “Value Data” to “1”.
- Next, create another DWORD Value name it as “AuthenticationCapabilities” and set the value data to “12320”. Tap on the “OK” button.
Now, close the Registry Editor. Restart the device and check if you have solved the error.
If not, then go to the next method.
Method 5: Remove the Windows Logs File
If the Windows file is corrupted, then you can get this error, In that case, you need to remove the Windows log file. For doing that, perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Files Section. In the address bar, write “C:\Windows\System32\winevt\”.
- Now, rename it as “Logs”. Now, hold the Windows and R key together,
- This will open the Run dialog box. In the Run dialog box, write “services.msc”.
- Hit the Enter button next to it to open the “Services” Window.
- In the Services window, search for the “Windows Event Logs Service” option and then click on it.
- From the drop-down menu., choose the “Stop” option.
- Now, open the Services window again. Start the Windows Logs service.
buy xenical online www.ukmedix.co.uk/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/xenical.html no prescription
It might take a while to completely start the Windows Log file. Wait until the logs file starts. Now restart the device and check if you have solved the error.
We have just mentioned some of the most effective possible means to solve the “failed to connect to a Windows service” error. Even if applying the above method did not help you to fix the error, then you can also stop the Windows Font Cache Service.
You can also try to disable the Fast Startup option to fix the error. To do that, you need to open the Run dialog box by holding the Windows and R key together. In the Run dialog box, write “powercfg.cpl” and then hit the “Enter” button.
Then select the “Choose what the power buttons do” option. Now, tap on the “Change” settings option and make sure that the “Turn on fast startup” option is unchecked. Now, restart the device and you will probably fix the error.