While playing this popular game, Minecraft, you might be unable to update the Minecraft native launcher. Even after uninstalling Minecraft and its source files, users are unable to play or update this game.
While trying to launch Minecraft you can see a window will pop up that says “Updating Minecraft launcher…” .Along with this, you can see a progress bar. But once this error message appears this progress bar gets stuck or the updates restarts every single time.
If you are constantly getting this error message then you have to identify the root of the error. Here, we are going to discuss the common causes of this error message and some of the possible solutions to fix this error.
Common Causes if You are Unable to Update the Minecraft Native Launcher 2017
After doing various research and checking out the complaints of the users, we are able to find out the common causes whenever you are unable to update the Minecraft Native launcher 2017.
- The latest launcher of Minecraft is the major reason that causes this issue. One of the drawbacks of this new launcher is a bug that you can find in it. Due to this bug, you can find a hard time downloading any files from the internet. If you are using a slow internet connection then this issue gets worse.
- Another reason for this error is the antivirus program that you are using. An antivirus can prevent other applications to start such as your Minecraft.
Best Troubleshooting Methods if Unable to Update the Minecraft Naive Launcher Error
Easy and effective solutions will help you to resolve the issue if you are unable to update the Minecraft native launcher.
Method 1:Try To Recover Minecraft
Due to the corrupted files, you can find this type of error message. By repairing these files you can resolve these types of errors.
Follow these steps if you are unable to update the Minecraft naive launcher.
- Press and hold the Windows key and R and get the run box.
- Type in the appearing window “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter.
- Search Minecraft from the list and right-click on it.
- Choose Repair and complete the process by following the onscreen instruction.
Method 2: Run a Troubleshooter
There are some in-built troubleshooters present in Windows 10. You can find a compatible troubleshooter and run it to fix the issue.
- Go to the Windows Desktop and right-click on the Minecraft Launcher.
- Choose Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab in the Properties window and hit the “Run the compatibility troubleshooter” button.
- Now, this troubleshooter will automatically locate the problem related to the launcher and try to fix this error.
- Once, it will detect and fix the problem, try to update Minecraft and see if the issue still persists or not.
Method 3: Download a New Copy of Minecraft
Sometimes, downloading a fresh copy manually might resolve this issue. Better you download the fresh file from the official website of Minecraft. Check out the following steps to download a new copy of Minecraft.
- Go to the official website or minecraft.net.
- Under the Download button, click “Try an alternative download” link
- Download the minecraft.exe from this page and run the file and try to fix the issue.
In case, you are unable to resolve the issue then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the File Explorer by holding Windows key and pressing E.
- In the address bar, type “%Appdata%” and press Enter.
- Search the Minecraft folder and choose Delete by right-clicking on it. By using this step you need to delete all the files of Minecraft to download a fresh copy.
- Launch the downloaded files by following the above-mentioned steps and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 4: Deactivate Antivirus
If none of these methods work, disable your antivirus. As your antivirus might block Minecraft so deactivate the application can be a good option.
- Go to the Taskbar and right-click on the antivirus icon.
- Here, we are taking Avast antivirus as an example for your better understanding.
- After right-clicking on Avast antivirus you can find some options. From the list, you need to choose Avast Shield Controls>Disable protection for x hour.
- Launch the Minecraft Launcher and try to update it to the latest version after disabling your antivirus.
- If the problem is resolved, enable your antivirus again as your antivirus is the best way to protect your computer from viruses and malware.
Hopefully, these methods will help you to troubleshoot the error if you are unable to update the Minecraft native launcher. Further, after updating Minecraft, you can easily take advantage of the latest features that come along.