You may get the “Waiting on another installation or update” error message while trying to access a Blizzard game via the Battle.net desktop app. It means that the users may not see the installations or updates in the system but that was already downloaded. An outdated launcher may lead to such errors as it can not update or download its latest version. Alternatively, the update may be reset or installed in a cache folder. The error message may also occur due to the game updates and peer-to-peer client model.
Solutions to Fix Waiting on Another Installation or Update Error
There are a few guaranteed ways to fix the battle.net error message. Thus, go through the following section to try one or all the possible solutions provided above.
Solution 1: Pausing All The Updates
If there are some updates available that are waiting for downloads then you can pause them for the time being. Thereafter, you will be able to play your games without any problems. For this, you need to open the battle.net app to check for any currently running processes.
Then, navigate to the system tray at the bottom right corner. There, select the option ‘Pause all updates’ by right-clicking on the battle.net icon. After that, you can run and play your favorite game without any interruption. Alternatively, you can try to simply restart your computer and try again.
Solution 2: Stop battle.net Process
If the above method doesn’t solve the problem, then you can follow this step to fix waiting on another installation or update error. Hence, go through the following steps to do so.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously to launch the Task Manager.
- Then, look for the “Battle.net Update Agent” process from the list and select it.
- After that, choose the End Task option from the bottom right part of the window. Then, you will get a display message that will warn about killing the other processes and its effect on your PC. Simply select Yes and then close the window.
Now, you can open the Battle.net application to play your games. Finally, check if the waiting on another installation or update error message is still there or not.
Solution 3: Running The Client as Administrator
Sometimes running the client as an administrator often resolves the waiting on another installation or update error. Thus, follow the given steps below.
- Search for the Battle.net application from the Start menu and right click on it.
- Next, choose Properties from the Menu and head over to the Compatibility tab.
- Here, choose the option for ‘Run as Administrator’ and click on Apply and then on Ok.
Thereafter, launch the application and the problem should be resolved.
Solution 4: Disabling The Peer-to-Peer Client Model
You can also disable the Peer-to-Peer client model as sometimes it may lead to the waiting on another installation or update error message. So, you need to disable it within the game launcher. Hence follow the required steps below to do the task.
- You can search the launcher in the start menu or open it by double-clicking its icon. Then go to the top left corner to select the Blizzard icon. Then navigate to the dropdown menu to select the settings menu.
- Therefore, click on the Game Install/Update tab and then go to the Network Bandwidth section. Now, uncheck the option “Enable peer-to-peer” and select Done to make the changes.
- Finally, you can reopen the client again. Then check if the waiting on another installation or update error message is still there or not.
Solution 5: Reinstalling The Battle.net Application
As a last alternative, you can try to resolve the problem by reinstalling the Battle.net launcher by visiting its official website. You can do this by following the steps below.
- Select the Control panel from the Start menu. Now, if you are a Windows 10 user then tap the gear icon to open the Settings app.
- Then, choose the view option from the top right corner as Category and select Uninstall a Program from the program section.
- You will see a list of the Apps installed on your computer. Then, search for Battle.net and uninstall it by clicking on the Uninstall button.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the program launcher. Restart your PC and download the application from its official site.
- Thereafter, run the downloaded program as an Administrator and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
Finally, your problem should be resolved by now.
Finally, the battle.net is waiting on another installation or update error message should be resolved after following the above steps. Usually, a clean reinstallation helps to resolve any problem. Thus, you will now be able to run your favorite game via the Battle.net desktop application.