Windows error 0xc1900101 often occurs when users try to update the OS. The error message pop-up on the screen: “Couldn’t update to Windows 10, Sorry we couldn’t complete the update to Windows. We’ve restored your previous version of Windows to this PC”. Corrupted or damaged device drivers can be the main reason behind the error. Additionally, security software might be another cause of this issue. If you are facing this error, it is essential to identify the exact cause of the error before troubleshooting it with appropriate solutions. In this article, we are providing you tips on how to fix Windows 10 1803 0xc1900101 instantly.
Windows 10 1803 0xc1900101: Know the Ultimate Causes
So, before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps of Windows 10 error code, we want you to be conscious of the various factors that could lead you to this particular issue. Also, there are numerous approaches to this kind of issue. We will highlight some of the most obvious ones. So, that you can fix the issue in no time. Take a look right below and learn the steps.
- Corrupted drivers.
- Enough storage space.
- Connected peripherals.
- Damaged windows file system.
- Corrupted windows update files.
- Virus attack.
The error can be associated with many error codes like: 0xC1900101 – 0x2000c, 0xC1900101 – 0x2000, 0xC1900101 – 0x20017, 0xC1900101 – 0x40017, 0xC1900101 – 0x30018, 0xC1900101 – 0x3000D, 0xC1900101 – 0x4000D.
Appropriate Fixes to Mitigate the Windows Error Code 0xc1900101
There are many ways by which you can eradicate this error code from the system. In this section, we will discuss some of them. Apply all the methods one by one properly and find the fix that works best.
Way 1: Update the Drivers
If you use a wrong, corrupt, missing or outdated driver, you encounter the same error. To fix the glitch, you can update the device drivers. You update the drivers both manually and automatically.
If you want to upgrade the driver manually, you need to visit the manufacturer’s website and fetch the latest version of the driver. Make sure that the driver you are installing is compatible with your device. Now, download and install the driver correctly, and then restart the device when the process completes. Finally, check if the error is fixed or not.
Automatic Driver Update:
- First, run a full scan on your computer to look for problems with the driver.
- When the window appears, you will receive two options: ‘Update’ and ‘Update All’.
- You can click on either of them. If you click on the Update option, the driver will download automatically, however, you need to install it manually.
- Alternatively, you can also select the Update All option. Upon choosing this option, both the download and the installation of the driver will be automatic.
- The process might take a few minutes to finish. When the installation completes, reboot the system and check if the error 0xc1900101 fixes or not.
Via Device Manager:
Alternatively, you can also upgrade the driver via Device Manager. Follow the steps for a successful updating the device.
- First, you need to click on the Windows key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialogue box.
- When the Run dialogue box appears on the computer screen, type ‘devmgmt.msc’. Hit the Enter key, and then the Device Manager will open.
- Double-click on the USB controllers option, and then click on the ‘USB Composite Device’ option to select the ‘Update Driver Software.’
- Finally, click on the “Search automatically” option which we will search for the latest updates and then update the driver software.
- When the wizard appears on the computer screen, follow the instructions which appear to complete the process.
- When the process completes, reboot the system and check error persists.
Way 2: Run the DISM Tool
This annoying error can be caused due to damaged Windows update files. Therefore, you need to solve this by performing the ‘Deployment Image Servicing and Management’ or DISM tool. Just follow the directions one by one and apply them.
- First of all, tap on the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time on the keyboard.
- When the Run dialog box will appear, type ‘cmd’ there or press the Shift, Ctrl and Enter key together.
- After that, open the Command prompt section as an Administrator.
- Then, you will be asked for permission. Press YES to perform it.
- Now, write down the following command and hit the Enter key:
“Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth”.
Next, type “Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth” and hit the Enter key. This will inspect whether the Windows 10 image of the device is damaged or not.
- After finishing it, write this command: “Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”
- Wait for a couple of seconds and close the Command Prompt.
- Check if you can update the Windows or not.
- If this problem still persists, then try the other methods provided by us.
Way 3: Run the System File Checker
The SFC scan or System File Checker helps to replace or repair the corrupted files. If you notice, that the Error 0xc1900101 still strikes after running the DISM tool, then this method can resolve this issue. To complete the SFC scan, you need to follow the steps:
- Firstly, tap on the Start menu.
- Open the Command Prompt section.
- Now, type ‘sfc/scannow’ In the Command Prompt section.
- Hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Then, the SFC scan will scan your device. Make sure not to close the scan process until it gets finished. After completing it, it will show the corrupted files of the system.
- After scanning, if any corrupted files are available, then type this command:
“findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt”.
Then, press the ENTER key.
- If you need to skip this command, then write down this command: “Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”.
- You can get the whole details of the SFC scan on the “sfcdetails.txt” file which will display on the screen.
Way 4: Clear Caches and Cookies
Clearing the caches and cookies from your device might help you to fix this error. You can clear all the caches by performing these easy steps mentioned below:
- First of all, go to the Menu folder.
- Then, scroll down the list and click on the ‘More’ option.
- Now, select the ‘More tools’ option and choose ‘Clear browsing data’.
- After that, select the “Time range” in the popup box. Then, tap on the ‘All time’ option to remove everything.
- Next, check if the ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ option are marked or not. If not, mark it.
- At last, choose the ‘Select data’ option and check if you still encounter this issue or not
Way 5: Use the Media Creation Tool
Media Creation Tool is an in-built feature that comes with Windows10 which helps to improve the digital delivery of the device. You can use this feature to force the updates which will help you to resolve this error 0xc1900101. So, follow the below guidelines to use this feature:
- At first, download the Media Creation tool
- Now, you have to back up all the data in your device and the license key.
- Then, invoke the Desktop Client.
- Now, choose the ‘Upgrade this PC’ option.
- This tool will automatically run and help in installing the updates forcefully.
- Restart your device and check whether you still encounter this issue or not.
- If you still face this error, then you can try the other methods in this article to overcome this issue.
Way 6: Uninstall the Antivirus
If you have third-party antivirus software installed in your PC, you might encounter this error. Therefore to fix the glitch, you need to go through the following steps:
- First, click on the Start menu, and then open the Control Panel.
- When the window opens, you need to click on the Programs option.
- Now, click on ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Locate the third-party antivirus software that you are using and then click on it.
- Right-click on it and then choose the Uninstall option.
- When the process ends, reboot the system and then check if the error resolves.
- However, if you do not want to uninstall the software, you can temporarily disable it.
Way 7: Reinstall the Program
If the exception code strikes when you try to launch a program, then you can fix this by reinstalling the program.
- First, uninstall this program.
- Go to the Control Panel, and then find ‘Programs and Features’.
- Just select the program and Uninstall option.
- Now, go to a browser and download the application and install it again.
- Sometimes this trick works, so you can try this.
Way 8: Restart the Windows Update Service
After checking the internet connection, you should restart the Windows Update Service. To do that, try to follow the directions below:
- Right-click on the Start menu and open Control Panel section.
- In the Search box, type ‘Administrative Tools’.
- Then, select ‘Services’.
- Now, type a password or give permission to continue.
- Next, select ‘Name Column Heading’ and sorts the names.
- When done, click on the Windows Update Service option.
- Then, open the Start menu again and close all the Administrative tools and Services windows.
Finally, reboot your device and the error will get resolved without any hassle.
Hope that these solutions are helpful to eradicate this error 0xc1900101 issue. After performing the above methods, if the error is still not resolved, then you can discuss your problem in the comment section.