Windows error code 43 is one of the annoying issues for the Windows users, especially when they try to modify the peripheral settings. Moreover, the active programs starts to crash automatically after showing this unexpected error message.
Furthermore, the device starts to hang on a frequent basis and it stops to respond after a certain time. This annoying issue occurs due to outdated drivers and USB devices recognizing issues. However, we are going to discuss the effective steps to overcome this critical issue in this article.
Significant Reasons Behind the Windows Error Code 43
Some of the critical reasons that create the Windows error very often are discussed here. The following factors will help you to identify the core problems that help you to fix Windows error code 43 from the very initial stage of the problem.
- Outdated USB drivers cause the Windows error 43 and prevents the Windows basic operations.
- Incorrect installation of driver files may create this annoying issue very often and the device starts to hang after showing the Windows 43 error.
- Faulty cables and damaged ports are the barriers for recognizing the USB drivers.
- If some USB devices need more power than they are getting, then it becomes a problematic factor for Windows PC.
How to Fix Windows Error Code 43 – Easy Ways
There are some of the technical ways that help you to fix the Windows error code 43 quickly. You can try with the following steps to overcome those technical flaws and make your device free from this error.
Upgrade the Drivers
By updating the drivers, you can fix the Windows 43 error effectively. Moreover, it helps to make your device user-friendly as most of the external apps are compatible with them.
- Type “devicemgmt” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- Now, click on the devices drivers one by one and expand them accordingly. After that, right-click on the drivers, such as GPU driver, Sound Card, Display Adapters one by one.
- Then, right-click on them and choose Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
- From the resultant window, enable the option says, “Start to Update the device automatically” by clicking on the checkbox.
- The upgrade process will take a few minutes to finish and when done, try to reboot the PC.
- Finally, try to check whether the Windows error code 43 appears on the screen when you try to install the Windows 10 with the latest version.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Drivers
You can remove the problematic drivers and install the drivers with the latest version. Thus, you can resolve the Windows 10 driver issue quickly.
- Press the Windows key and type “devicemgmt.msc” in the Cortana search box of Windows 10 PC.
- Now, open the device list which is attached to the devices and choose the USB driver and other problematic drivers from the physical device list.
- Expand the driver from that list and right-click on the sub-devices that are responsible for this annoying issue. Select the Uninstall Driver from the pop-up menu.
- After that, Click on the YES button from the confirmation dialog box and starts to perform the driver uninstallation process. Wait until the driver uninstallation message displays on the screen.
- Then, connect your System to the internet and open the browser by tapping the browser icon from the screen.
- Download the latest version of the Windows drivers from the Microsoft official website and save it on your desktop.
- Double-tap on the downloaded folder and run the installer with the latest version. When done, reboot the device to check whether the error 43 still persists or not.
Rollback the Device Driver
By rolling the drivers back to its previous stage, you can fix the Windows error Code 43 effectively. Moreover, it helps to get rid of the booting error easily without any hassle.
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu. Now, type “devicemgr” in the Cortana search box and open the Device Manager window by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
buy zithromax online buy zithromax no prescription
- Here, you will get a list of drivers that are installed on your system. Locate the drivers which create problems. In general, the problematic drivers will show a yellow exclamation sign beside them.
- Now, tap on the device drivers from the list and expand it. Next, right-click on the device.
- Select the properties from the appeared pop-up menu.
- Tap on the Driver tab from the Properties window and then click on the Roll Back Driver. This rollback operation will take a couple of minutes to complete and once done, reboot the PC.
- Finally, try to boot the device and check whether it is working or not.
Control the Power Management
- Again, open the Device Manager window and expand the Universal Serial Bus Controller (USB COntroller).
- Choose USB Root Hub components under this section and right-click on it. Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Switch to the Power Management tab from the Properties window and remove the check mark from the option says, “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- After that, click the OK button and finalize the process. However, you can repeat the same steps in case of multiple USB drives.
- Next, you need to control the second power management section appropriately. So, close the Device Manager window and type “powercfg.cpl” in the search box. Press the Enter key to launch the Power Management window.
- Now, locate the active power plan from the list and tap the Change plan Settings option from the same window.
- On the next page, click Change advanced power settings from that window and go to USB Settings by tapping that specific tab.
- Then, choose USB selective suspend setting option from the Power Options window that appears on the screen. Make the Settings disabled to tap on it again.
- Hit the Apply button and save the new changes. When done, click the Close button from the Power Manager window to complete the process.
Via Microsoft Fix it Solutions
- Download the USB troubleshooter program from the Microsoft Official website and save it on your desktop.
- Now, open the downloaded folder and run the program installer file by double-tapping on the (.exe) file. Accept the license agreement by tapping the check boxes and click the Install button. It will take a few minutes to install and hit the Finish button when done.
- Double-tap on the program and locate the Advanced tab from the first screen that appears on the display.
- Next, disable the option says, “Apply repairs automatically” by removing the tick from the checkbox. Then, click the Next button and tap the Finish button to close the window.
- Finally, restart PC in Normal Mode and verify whether the Windows 43 error got resolved or not.
Remove all the USB Devices
If more than one external device are attached to the system, then identify whether any device is corrupted or not. If any of them is not working, then remove it as soon as possible.
Not only that, separate other external USB devices from the ports. Now, wait for 2-3 minutes and restart the device to check whether the booting operation is working or not.
Unplug and Plug the Device again
Disconnect all external devices such as printers, bluetooth dongle, webcam, audio speakers, etc from the device.
Now, wait for 3-5 minutes and shut down the device in normal mode. After restarting the device, connect all the USB devices to the USB ports and check whether the peripherals are working or not. If any of them are not recognized by the device, change the port and recheck with that USB device that it is functioning or not.
Fix the Physical Damage
You must verify whether the cables connected to the devices are defective or not. If it creates a problem, replaces it immediately. Moreover, you need to check whether the port is damaged or not.
If the port is not working, then try with another port and repair all the ports as soon as possible. Thus, you can avoid the USB device recognition issue without any technical hassle as well as resolve the Windows error 43 quickly.
Disable the Driver Signature
- Restart PC in Normal mode and click on the Troubleshoot option from the Startup Options.
- After that, tap the Advanced Options from the next screen and click on the Startup Settings.
- Next, click the Restart button and let the device to repair the corrupted files and reboot the PC after troubleshooting Windows issues.
- Finally, press the F7 key from the keyboard and disable the Driver Signature Enforcement.
- Then, reboot the device in Safe mode by choosing the Startup Options as Enter Safe Mode with Networking. Now, check whether the Windows error code 43 appears on the screen or not after opening an application program.
In the above content, we have discussed the crucial steps to overcome the Windows error code 43 effectively. Moreover, we have defined the significant issues behind this technical error. Besides this, we have tried to inform you about the basic symptoms that help you to identify the problem at the primary stage of the issue.
So, we hope this article will; be beneficial to fix the Windows error and enhance the device performance by controlling the system device management sections.