When you try to launch an app then you often get stuck with an unexpected issue. The program stops to respond and the display will show you an unexpected error code “0xc0000005”. Therefore, the Windows starts to freeze automatically after showing this Exception error. Furthermore, the Windows Registry file gets corrupted due to internal system failure. Without fixing this Windows Exception error, you won’t be able to perform any task. However, we are going to talk about the critical steps to fix this Windows Exception error permanently. Hence, go through the article thoroughly.
Significant Issues Behind “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000005)” Error
Lots of major issues are responsible for making the Windows Exception Code: 0xc0000005. Let’s know the possible factors that help you to identify the problem at the initial of the troublesome.
- The System file corruption causes the Windows Exception Code 0xc0000005 effectively.
- Sometimes a malware attack can corrupt the disk files by creating multiple unnecessary copies.
- Incomplete installation of the files and the Windows registry file issue are the most problematic factors for this annoying issue.
- Obsolete driver triggers the Windows Exception error section very quickly.
- Windows Exception Error occurs if you use the outdated Windows System Software.
- Corrupted RAM Memory is another reason responsible for the Exception code: 0xc0000005.
Resolve “The Windows Exception Error 0xc0000005” With A Few Technical Steps
There are some of the effective solutions that you can follow to avoid this technical issue. Here, we are going to talk about a feasible solution that can resolve the 0xc0000005 error as soon as possible.
Fix Windows Registry Problem
The files or programs that are not installed correctly or not perfectly matched with the device OS, create the Windows Exception error 0xc0000005. From the Registry Editor window, you can fix this annoying issue very easily. Hence, perform as instructed below:
- Type “regedit” in the search box and press the Enter key from the keyboard to launch the Registry Editor window.
- Now, go to the left panel of the window and select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE option from the list.
- Choose the Software section under this section and click on the Windows NT from Microsoft program.
- Now, go to the Current Version and open the AppInit_Dlls from the Windows folder. Double-tap on the LoadAppInit_DLLs and modify the value from 1 to 0.
- Finally, click the OK button or press the Enter key to confirm the new changes.
- When done, close the Registry Editor window and reboot the device successfully to repair the Windows file corruption issue quickly.
Update the Faulty Driver
To perform the driver update program manually, you can fix the “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005” issue immediately. So, you can follow the steps below and install the latest driver successfully.
- Type “devicemngr” in the Cortana search box and open the Device Manager window by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Here, you will get a list of installed drivers with sub-folders. locate the corrupted drivers and double-click on the Disk Drivers from that list.
- After that, right-click on the drive where the program is installed and select the Update Driver option from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the Search automatically for updated driver software option from the Update Driver dialog box. It will show you a list of available drivers.
- If no new driver updates ios available, then try to download the latest version and install it immediately to avoid this annoying issue.
- Finally, browse the disk files and update them one by one. The processing time will be dependent on the number of updates available in this section. Now, verify whether the message, “Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)” appears on the screen or not.
If the problem still persists, then try to re-install the driver as soon as possible. To perform it, you can follow the steps below.
- First, open the Device Manager window and locate the problematic driver.
- Expand the driver and right-click on the device driver. Choose the Uninstall option and confirm the driver removal process by pressing the YES button from the resultant dialog box.
- After finishing the uninstallation process successfully, try to install with the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.
To perform the RAM verification program, you can fix the memory corruption issue. Similarly, you can resolve the other memory crashing problems and keep your device free from the internal RAM device issue.
- Switch off the PC and disconnect all the cables & wires from the system.
- Now, open the memory slot and pull out the RAM from that specific slot to replace it.
- Finally, reboot the device and verify whether the “Exception Code: 0xc0000005” got fixed or not.
Run Hardware Troubleshooter
You can troubleshoot the hardware problem by running the Hardware troubleshooter program effectively.
- Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, click on the View All from the top-left corner of the screen and it will display a list of built-in troubleshooter programs.
- Next, select Hardware and Devices from it and run the Troubleshooter to start the process. The troubleshooting process will take a couple of minutes and find out the damaged hardware devices.
- Then, click on the Apply Fixes and resolve the Windows exception error as soon as possible.
Turn Off DEP
Data Execution Prevention is a Windows built-in program that protects your device from harmful web threats. To disable it, you get permission to access all the files without any technical hassle.
- First, start the Windows in Admin Mode to protect your device from unauthorized access.
- After that, click on the Start button and type “sysdm.cpl” in the Cortana search box and launch the setup window by pressing the Enter key.
- Now, click on the Advanced tab and tap the Settings button from the same window.
- You can see multiple tabs from the Settings window and select the Data Execution tab from multiple tabs.
- Click on the checkbox says “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select” and disable the option.
- Hit the Add button and click on the Browse button to choose all the data associated with the executable files.
- Finally, click the OK button and close the window. Now, reboot the PC and check whether the exception issue occurs or not.
Run the System File Checker
The System File Checker is one of the effective ways to control the system file corruption issue. Moreover, it helps to overcome all the internal system software issue in its fundamental erroneous stage.
- Type “cmd” in the search box and locate the Command Prompt application software from the Start menu.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu.
- Next, verify the Admin Account by entering the correct Admin ID and passcode.
- After successfully authenticating the account, you can run the command “sfc/scannow” in the Prompt window and it will identify the corrupted files after running it successfully.
- Then, it will start to repair the files and the entire process will take a couple of minutes to finish.
- Finally, restart the System and check whether the error code 0xc0000005 appears or not.
- Download the system security software from a trustworthy website and save the new folder on the desktop.
- Now, double-tap on the folder and click on the installer file to run the antivirus software.
- After a successful installation, double-tap on the antivirus icon and launch the antivirus window.
- Click on the Scan tab or Scan for virus option from the window and choose either Quick Scan or Full Scan. You can select the Full Scan and run in the entire device to identify the viruses from the system file.
- However, it will start to scan automatically and it will take a few times to scan the malware.
- Once done, it will show you a list of malware infected files along with the details. Now, click on the Disinfect button and kill the virus respectively.
- Finally, restart the system and try to launch an app to verify whether the 0xc0000005 error got fixed or not.
Upgrade the Browser
- First, launch the Chrome browser by tapping the Chrome icon from the desktop.
- Now, click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome button(three dotted button) from the upper-right corner of the screen
- After that, Click on the Help option and choose About Google Chrome from the sub-menu appeared on the screen
- Next, you can see the latest version if available any and click on the Upgrade button to update the browser with the latest version.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the entire upgrade process and close the browser window. Finally, reboot the device and check whether the application program error still persists or not.
Repair the Corrupted Application Program
- Type “control” in the search box and launch the Control Panel window on the desktop display.
- After that, click on the Programs & Features from the resultant screen of the Control Panel.
- Next, select the application software that is corrupted already and tap one by one effectively.
- Now, click on the Repair and follow the on-screen instructions to start the repair process automatically. It will run immediately after clicking on the Repair option.
- The process will take a few minutes to complete and when done, try to reboot and open other apps to check the annoying issue is resolved or not.
Repair Hard Disk Issue
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu on the desktop screen.
- Now, type “cmd” in the Cortana search box and locate the Command Prompt Application from the Start menu items.
- Right-click on it and select the option Run as Administrator. Now, verify the Admin account by entering the correct Administrator ID and password.
- Click the Verify button and complete the verification process.
- After entering into the Command Prompt window, type the command “chkdsk C: /f/r/x” and run the command.
- It will run after pressing the Enter key and identify the erroneous files respectively. After that, repair them accordingly.
- Once done, try to restart the PC and relaunch any app to check whether the app is working or not.
The Bottom Line
In the above article, we have discussed the methods to resolve the 0xc0000005 error effectively. Moreover, we have tried to define the significant reasons behind this annoying issue that ultimately helps to understand the core factors for this problem. Again, we have defined the possible symptoms that help you to identify the problem at the very primary stage of this technical issue. So, we hope this content will be helpful to tackle this technical hassle effortlessly within a short period of time.