Windows upgrade program is necessary to keep your device up to date from time to time. Without updating, you won’t be able to enjoy the latest service in the System. However, you can get stuck very often due to Windows update error and the unexpected error message, “0x80070424 Windows 10”. Moreover, the active application program starts to crash automatically. Furthermore, the device fails to give a real-time response and the system starts to freeze on a frequent basis. Therefore, you won’t be able to perform any task without resolving this annoying issue. Here, we are going to discuss the feasible solutions in this content that will help you to overcome the update failure issue permanently.
Significant Issues Behind Windows Update Error
Some of the major issues become critical factors for this annoying issue. So, you need to identify these problems and resolve them accordingly.
- Outdated driver or driver corruption causes the Windows error effectively.
- This error may occur due to malware attack. The virus creates multiple copies of the virus infected files and spread the virus among other files within the same folder.
- System file error or corruption of the disk drive is another barrier to the occurrence of this 0x80070424 problem.
- The outdated driver sometimes won’t accept the Windows update program for your device.
Resolve 0x80070424 Windows 10 Easily with Technical Troubleshooting Steps
There are lots of technical ways that help you to tackle the 0x80070424 Windows 10 error very quickly. Here, we are going to define those effective methods to overcome this annoying issue permanently. So, you may try out the steps below and get rid of the Windows Update Error immediately.
Method 1: Scan the Malware
By removing the viruses like malware, spyware, etc you can fix the Windows Update error very easily. Moreover, you can protect your device from unauthorized access.
- First, connect the device to the internet and launch the browser window by tapping on the browser icon.
- Now, go to the trustworthy website and download the system security software from there. Now, save the files in your system.
- Next, double-tap on the new folder and run the antivirus installer file (“.exe) by tapping on it. The Installer will take a few minutes to complete and when done, click the Finish button.
- After installing the software, double-tap on that antivirus software icon and launch the security software window on the screen.
- Now, click on the Scan tab or tap on the ‘Scan for Virus’ option from the window and click the Next button to choose the scanning type.
- Select the Scan type either Quick Scan or Full Scan as per your requirements. The Full Scan identifies all the corrupted files present on the entire system.
- However, it starts to kill the malware, spyware like viruses and disinfects the virus infected files to keep your device free from threats. Thus, you can resolve the 0x80070424 Windows 10 quickly.
Method 2: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter Program
You can fix most of the Windows problems such as driver upgrade issue, installation error, etc without any hassle. So, you can run the troubleshooter and fix the corrupted file issue immediately.
- Press the Windows key and I key together from the keyboard and launch the System Settings window on the screen.
- Now, go to the ‘Update and Security’ window by tapping on that specific option from the Settings window.
- Tap on the Troubleshoot tab from the left side of ‘Update and Security’ window and find out the Windows Update option from the same screen.
- Next, hit the Run Troubleshooter tab from the Update section and it will start immediately to troubleshoot the corrupted data accordingly.
Method 3: Uninstall the Problematic Drivers
You can fix the Windows update error by removing the corrupted drivers. Thus, you can enhance the Windows driver performance without any technical hassle.
- First, type “devicemngr” in the search box and press the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- After that, locate the problematic drivers from the list of available drivers installed in the system. Now, right-click on the driver and choose the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu.
- Next, confirm the uninstallation program by tapping the YES button from the confirmation dialogue box.
- Finally, restart the PC after the drivers are removed from your device and try to perform the upgrade operation to check whether it is working or not.
Method 4: Modify the Windows Registry Value
- Type “regedit” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Registry Editor window.
- Now, click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane of the window and choose Policies under the SOFTWARE folder.
- Finally, select the WindowsUpdate from the Windows folder and check the DWORD value from the screen. Double-click on the DisableWindowsUpdateAccess and set the value as 0 in the DWORD field.
- After enabling the Windows update from the Registry, restart the PC and verify whether the Windows update error 0x80070424 still persists or not.
Method 5: Run System File Checker and Scan Disk
By running the DISM and the System File Checker program, you can resolve the Windows update error permanently. Moreover, it will keep your device healthy by increasing the CPU cycles.
- Type “cmd” in the search box and locate the Command Prompt from the Start menu.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator option from the pop-up menu.
- Next, launch Command Prompt window in Administrator Mode by verifying the correct Admin ID and a correct passcode.
- Run the command “sfc/scannow” in the Command Prompt window and start to repair the corrupted system files accordingly.
- After finishing the file checking program, type another command “DISM.EXE/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth” along with the source drive and run the command by pressing the Enter key. The disk check and repair program will take a few minutes to get complete and when done, it will show you a successful message.
- After restarting the Windows, try to update an app and test whether the same error appears or not.
Method 6: Registry System Files
The system files which are in “.dll” format, used for Windows Update program. So, make sure that the Windows Components include those files and install the Windows update package folder easily.
- First, press the Windows key and R key together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialogue box.
- Type “regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s”, “regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s” respectively in the box and run the commands by hitting the Enter key.
- After running the commands, restart the system and upgrade the Windows to verify whether error 0x80070424 got fixed or not.
Method 7: Run the “chkdsk” Command
- Open again Command Prompt window in Admin mode by verifying the Command Prompt Administrator account.
- After that, run the command “Chkdsk volume: /f /r” and check the affected disk and repair them if necessary. This step will take a few hours as it scans the entire system and identifies the errors likewise.
- Finally, perform the reboot program and re-launch the Window in Normal Mode. In this way, you can fix the 0x80070424 error immediately.
Method 8: Enabling the Windows Update Service
To activate the Windows Upgrade program, you can fix the Update error very quickly. Moreover, you need to modify its Startup value, as well as, Status from this section.
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Services window.
- Now, check the status of the Windows Update Service whether it is enabled or not. If not, then right-click on it and click on the General tab from the Properties window.
- Make the Startup Type “Automatic” and confirm that the Status shows “Running”.
- Then, tap the Apply button and OK button respectively to save the new changes. When done, try to reboot and verify whether the Windows Update Error 0x80070424 comes up on the display or not.
Method 9: Reset Windows Update Component
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and launch the Services window on the display.
- Here, you can see a list of services and their details. Select the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and right-click on it.
- Now, click on the Stop option and pause the service temporarily. Again, locate the Windows Update Service from that list and select the Stop option by right-clicking on it.
- After that, locate the Software Distribution folder by following the path: “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution” and delete all the contents under this section.
- Close the C drive window and right-click on the Start button from the desktop window.
- After that, choose Windows Powershell(Admin) and open the Powershell window in Administrator mode.
- Now, run the following commands and press the Enter key after ending of each command: “net stop wuauserv”, “net stop cryptSvc”,”net stop bits”,”net stop msiserver”,”ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old”,”net start wuauserv”,”net start cryptSvc”,”net start bits”,”net start msiserver”.
- Finally, restart the PC and check whether the 0x80070424 windows 10 still appears or not.
The Bottom Line
In the above article, we have discussed the effective steps to overcome the Windows update error 0x80070424 permanently. Moreover, we have tried to define the significant error behind this technical hassle. Not only that, we have analysed the basic symptoms behind this annoying issue that can help you to identify the problem from the fundamental stage. So, we hope this content will be helpful to overcome the Windows update error and speed up the Device effectively.