Error 0x800704CF is one of the critical issues that you often face while you try to upgrade the Windows 10 PC. Moreover, it decreases the device’s performance. Therefore, the PC starts to hang and become slow on a frequent basis. Not only that but also the active programs start to crash one by one without notifying the error. However, we are going to discuss the effective methods to fix the Windows 10 update error 0x800704CF permanently.
Why “Error 0x800704CF” Occurs?
Most of the common issues become critical factors in installing the Windows 10 latest update program. Moreover, the device won’t able to connect to network due to the following severe issues.
- Incorrect Adapter settings becomes unable to create an internet connection and shows the error code 0x800704CF.
- TCP/IP configuration plays a vital role to create a smooth network interface between the device and the network. So, the misconfiguration of the TCP/IP fails to perform the update operation.
- Corrupted system files are another barrier for creating a fair internet connection and therefore creates problem in upgrade the OS.
- Error 0x800704CF occurs due to the server issue and then you get stuck with Windows 10 update problems.
- Incorrect Date and Zone settings error prevent the Windows update program and shows up unexpected error code 0x800704CF.
Resolve the Error Code 0x800704CF with Easy Troubleshooting Steps
There are few ways you can use to overcome the Windows 10 Update Program error effectively. Moreover, it helps to enhance the device performance by triggering the Network speed. So, you can try with the following feasible solution and upgrade your device without any technical hassle.
Modify Adapter Settings
Sometimes, a very little change of the Adapter setting can resolve the Network error quickly. To perform it, you can resolve the network connection error also and perform the Windows upgrade process manually.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and click on the System Settings from the list appeared on the screen.
- Now, click on the Network& Internet and choose the Network & Sharing Center from the resultant window.
- Click on Change the Adapter Settings from the left pane of the window and it will display a list of available network connections.
- Find Change Adapter options from the bottom of the screen and access that feature by tapping on it.
- After that, you can see available wireless network devices on the next window. Now, right-click on the current Wi-Fi connection and click on the Properties from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen.
- Uncheck the option says, “Client From Microsoft Networks” and apply the changes by hitting the Apply and OK button respectively.
- Finally, restart the device and try to perform the Windows Update program to verify the 0x800704CF error still persists or not.
Customize Date and Time Settings
- Type “control” in the search box and open the Control Panel window.
- Now, choose the option entitled “Clock, Language, and Region” and click Date & Time from the next window.
- Tap on the Date and Time tab and click on Change Date and Time. Verify whether time and date both are correctly shown on the Date and Times Settings window. Change with the current date and time if displays an incorrect date and time.
- After finishing the date & time modification settings, click on the OK button.
- Next, change the Zone by tapping Change time zone option.
- Finally, select the correct time zone from the drop-down list appeared in the Time Zone Settings dialog box. Now, tap on the OK button and close the window.
- Now, connect the PC to the internet and verify whether the Windows 10 update error 0x800704CF got fixed or not.
TCP/IP reset process helps to overcome the IP address detection error. So, you can reset this valuable protocol to enhance the Network Communication stability.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “cmd” in the search box.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt file and choose Run as Administrator option. Enter Admin Id and a correct passcode as well as verify the Admin account by tapping the Verify button.
- In the Prompt window, type the command “ipconfig/flushdns” and run it by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard. It will clear the DNS cache and reset the IP settings in Windows 10.
- Again, run another command “nbtstat -RR” and refresh the NetBIOS entries. Here, you need to modify the IP Configuration by executing another useful command “netsh int ip reset”.
- Next, run the command “netsh winsock reset” and it will take a couple of minutes and when done, close the Command Prompt window.
- Finally, restart the Windows 10 PC and verify whether the error 0x800704CF got resolved or not.
Uninstall the Network Adapters
- First, click on the Start icon from the bottom-left corner of the desktop. After that, type “devicemgr” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- Now, click on the View from the menu bar of the Device Manager window and select Show Hidden Devices from the drop-down menu appeared under the section View by.
- Next, expand the Network Adapter and see a list of available adapters on your device.
- Then, right-click on the item and choose the Uninstall from the pop-up menu to uninstall them respectively.
- Finally, tap on the Action tab and choose Scan for Hardware Changes option from the resultant window.
- When done, restart the devices and verify whether the error code 0x800704CF appears on the display at the time of installing an app or not.
Verify and Repair System Files Error
To run the System file checking program in Command Prompt(Admin), you can easily resolve this annoying network error immediately.
- Type “cmd” in the Cortana search box and locate the Command Prompt app from the Start menu.
- After that, right-click on the Command Prompt and launch the Command Prompt window in Admin Mode by choosing the Run as Administrator option.
- Now, verify the Admin account by entering the correct Administrator ID and a passcode.
- After entering into the Command Prompt window(Admin), type the command “sfc/scannow” in the prompt screen and run it by pressing the Enter.
- It will start to run automatically after pressing the Enter key and it will identify the corrupted system files. Then, start to repair them one by one and resolve the System file issue quickly.
- Once done, the system will reboot automatically after a certain time in Normal Mode. Thus, you can fix the error code 0x800704CF and protect your device from critical system threats.
Perform Manual Update
You can fix the update error 0x800704CF by performing the manual upgrade process. So, you might try out with the following methods and keep your device up-to-date.
- Turn on the device and login the System in Admin mode by verifying the Admin account credentials.
- Now, click on the Start button and type “system restore” in the search box and hit the Enter key to directly launch the System Restore window on the screen.
- Choose the option Restore my computer to an earlier time and tap the Next button from the new window.
- Next, verify the “On this list, click a restore point” list and choose the most recent system restore point from the list of items.
- Hit the Next button and go to the Confirmation dialog box. Tap the Next button from the resultant confirmation window.
- After finishing the restoration process, reboot the PC and verify whether the 0x800704CF error appears on the screen or not.
Fix Windows Server System Issue
- Type “regedit” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Now, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane of the window and choose CurrentControlSet from the System folder.
- Next, click on Services under the CurrentControlSet folder and finally, tap on the Parameters from NetBT.
- Locate the value of TransportBindName from the resultant window and if it doesn’t exist, then you need to create. However, re-check the value if it is found. The value must includes Types that will be REG_SZ and set Value as ‘\Device|’.
- Finally, locate the same registry key and modify the value of “SMBDeviceEnabled” from 0 to 1. Moreover, set the type as ‘REG_DWORD’.
- Close the Register Editor window and try to perform upgrade to check whether the error 0x800704CF is displayed or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the steps to overcome the Windows 10 update error 0x800704CF effectively. Moreover, we have defined the major difficulties behind this annoying issue. Besides this, we have analysed the possible symptoms that will help you to avoid the problems from the primary stage of the issue. So, we hope this content will be helpful to enhance the system performance by avoiding the critical update error efficiently.