In today’s world of technological advancements, our life revolves around computers. And when you use computers, it is also necessary for you to install the Windows updates as they come. Windows Update is an inbuilt utility that is required for the purpose of updating your Windows. However, when you go on to update your Windows, availing the Windows Update, you might encounter the unexpected Windows Update error 8007000e.
Essentially speaking, while the execution of the Windows Update, certain things can go wrong. And it is also quite likely for you to face many such unexpected error codes. Among them, the one that is most frequently faced by the users is the Windows Update Error 8007000e. Thus in this article, we are going to offer you a comprehensive guideline about the feasible workarounds to resolve the technical glitch in question.
Windows Update Error 8007000e: A Brief Discussion of the Problem
In the present world of digitalization, computers are undoubtedly one of the most valuable devices. Therefore, it goes without saying that you would want to keep your PC safe and optimized for use in the long run. And in order to optimize your computer and install a Windows Update is necessary. However, when you go on to update your Windows, you are likely to encounter some Windows Error. Windows Update code 8007000e is one of them. This is one of the most common error codes that apply to almost all the Windows OS versions.
Normally, the windows update code 8007000e generates when the Windows OS attempts to search for the latest updates by means of the Windows Update. Additionally, the error also occurs when you update your Windows OS to the newest version. And when the error occurs, you normally receive an error message notification stating “Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer”.
Besides, you may also encounter an error message that says “Some updates were not installed. Failed” So, whenever you face such an error message, you must realize that something has gone wrong with the Windows Update
Potential Causes behind Windows Update Error 8007000e
Now, as per our word, in this article, we are going to offer you the feasible solutions that you can undertake in order to redress code 8007000e. However, prior to that, we are going shed some light upon the major causes behind the occurrence of the technical hitch under discussion. You should indeed know the causes because unless you know then, you shall not be able to figure out the factors precipitating the issue. So, take a look at the fundamental causative factors:
- Error code 8007000e primarily occurs if a third-party antivirus utility or the Firewall restricts the installation of Updates.
- Additionally, the Windows update code 8007000e also triggers due to the accumulation of the pent-up or junk files equipped with live threats.
- Also, the error under discussion triggers due to corrupt, damaged or faulty System Files
- The technical glitch in question generates furthermore, in case the Software Distribution Folder is detected as defective or corrupt.
- Sometimes, malware or virus infections restricts the process of installation, triggering the Windows Update error 8007000e
- And last but not least, you may encounter the error if you have bad internet connectivity.
Feasible Workarounds to Resolve Windows Update Error 8007000e Most Effectively
Nonetheless, whatever may be the cause behind the glitch, there is no denying to the fact that error code 8007000e is one of the most frustrating Windows error. And therefore, if you encounter the glitch at a regular frequency, then you must take recourse to effective workarounds in order to redress the issue. Under this section, we are going to offer you a stepwise guide of the premium solutions to undertake. Have a look:
Fix 1: Removal of the Junk Files
Some pent-up or junk files comes with live threats. Excessive accumulation of such files is one of the potential causes of the Windows update error 8007000e. As such one of the easiest and quickest solutions to the problem is the removal of such files. Undermentioned are the steps by means of which you can remove these junk files. Take a look:
- First and foremost click on the Windows key as well as X key in order to launch the WinX menu of your computer
- Thereafter, choose the Command Prompt option as the Admin.
- Following this, press on the Yes option in order to launch the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Once you are into the Command Prompt, you got to feed in the ‘cleanmgr’ within the Address bar and then press the Enter button. The moment you do this, the Utility will start functioning automatically. The utility will meticulously examine all your temporary files and estimate the amount o space you have used. Besides, it also scans all the unnecessary files present in your file box.
- After it successfully completes the scanning process, you simply got to click on the Ok button, allowing the Utility to remove or delete all the unnecessary junk files.
On the completion of the entire process, try availing the Windows Update and check whether you have been able to fix the glitch
Fix 2: Try Launching the System File Checker
Running the System File Checker can be one of the potential fixes to the problem. Since one of the potential causes behind the technical glitch in question is the virus as well as malware infections bringing in damage to the System files, therefore, in order to amend the damage, you can make use of the System File Checker. This is an in-built utility that amends the corrupt or damaged files. We cite below the instructions to follow in order to launch the System File Checker:
- First and foremost, you need to press on the Start button.
- Once this is done, you need to write “cmd” within the “Search programs and files” dialogue box.
- Thereafter, you should press on the CTRL key +Shift key + the Enter button simultaneously. Once done, click on the OK button In order to launch the Command Prompt.
- The moment the Command Prompt Window opens up, you should feed in the command “sfc /scannow” into the Address box and press the Enter Key.
- Note that you must write ”Y” responding to the resultant notification.
On successful execution of all the above-mentioned steps, you should be able to launch the System File Checker. Note that the Utility will take some time in undergoing the scanning process of the corrupt and defective files and repairing them. Therefore, you need to hold on to your patience for some time. The moment it detects the damaged files, it is going to display them to you. Also, the utility I going to notify you if the files have been replaced or not. After this is done, try to use the Windows Update and check whether you the code 8007000e still pops up or not.
Fix 3: Installation of all the Updates that are Pending
One of the major reasons behind the occurrence of the Windows update error 8007000e is the failure of your computer to install updates. Essentially speaking, oftentimes owing to some technical glitch, your system might fail to install the latest updates despite downloading them. And this might, in turn, trigger the error code under discussion. So I order to install the pending Updates, adhere to the instructions given below:
- Right at first, click on the Start Button.
- Thereafter, within the Search dialog box, you must write “Update” and press on “Enter”.Key
- The moment you do this, the resultant Window will appear. And when it pops up, you should search out for all the uninstalled updates. On locating them, you must right-click and update each of them.
- That is it, you are almost done. All you are left to do is reboot your PC before you go on to access the Window Update. Once you have done, it should rid you of the error code 8007000e once and for all.
Fix 4: Try Deactivating the Firewall as well as the Malware and Antivirus Programs
In case the Windows update error 8007000e still persists, then you may consider terminating all the third party antivirus and malware programs along with the built-in Firewall. Often such third party derivable intrudes with the installation process of the latest updates triggering internal System conflicts. Such intrusions and conflicts can further perpetuate Windows update code 8007000e. Therefore, you must execute the under mentioned steps in order to deactivate the Firewall as well as the third party programs:
- Right at the onset, press on the Start button.
- Following this, you will have to feed in “Firewall.cpl” within the Search dialog box
- Thereafter, you should press on the option entitled “Turn Windows Firewall Off”
- And finally, in completion of all the above steps, click on the OK button.
- Once you are done with the entire process, try to update you Windows afresh and see whether the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 5: Check whether the Automate Windows Update Service has Stopped
Sometimes the technical hitch in question might simply trigger due to the sudden cessation of the Automate Windows Update Service. Therefore, in order to restart or enable the same, obey the steps listed below:
- First and foremost, you will have to activate “Cortana” and launch the same as Administrator.
- Thereafter, put in the password as and when you are asked to and then press on the Continue button to proceed further with the course of action.
- When the Result Window pops up, look out for Windows Update Service within it.
- Following this, you may either right-click or double-click on the Service option and modify its Settings from “Disabled” to “Automatic” and then click on the Start button if you find it stopped.
- On successful execution of the entire process, you can avail Windows Update afresh. You should no longer encounter code 8007000e if things work in your favor.
Fix 6: Resolve Windows Update error 8007000e by Deleting the Software Distribution Folder
The Software Distribution Folder accounts to be the folder consisting of all the downloaded files. You should be able to locate the folder on the Hard Disk. This is the folder where all your downloaded files are actually stored. Oftentimes, it might come to pass that some files are unable to perform the installation process due to some internal damage or corruption. This might hinder the Windows Update process. Therefore deleting these files may help you resolve the Windows update error 8007000e. You must note that when you delete them, all the latest updates will get downloaded and installed afresh. Follow the listed instructions to execute the process:
- Right at the beginning, you should launch the Windows Explorer.
- Once launched, move to the “C:\Windows” folder.
- Within this folder, you will have to look for the folder named Software Distribution” and eliminate it
- As soon as you do this, the problem you are facing should be sorted
Some Basic Amendments
Apart from the major fixes, you can also try out these basic additional fixes in order to resolve the glitch:
- First and foremost, if you are encountering Windows Update error 8007000e, it might be due to virus or malware infection in your PC. Therefore try installing and run some reliable and authenticated anti-virus or malware program.
- One of the foremost causes of Windows update code 8007000e is weak internet connectivity. Therefore, if you fail to access Windows Update, do check if you have a strong and stable internet connection.
To Round it Off
With the solutions, we listed below, resolving the Windows Update error 8007000e will be no more than a plaything to you. So, why delay more when you have all your solutions right on your fingertips. If you are facing the glitch under question recurrently, do try out the remedial measures cited above and resolve the glitch once and for all.