Windowsupdate_80070103 appears after you have updated the Windows Operating system to its latest version. Though it is an update error, it is not related to the Windows update process.
Moreover, some users have reported that they face this error at the time of updating the device drivers installed on their computers. For instance, you can receive this error while trying to update a driver with Windows update.
Thus, it has become a widespread error that doesn’t have a proper solution yet. But, we have tried to identify the possible causes and fix this error within a few minutes. Thus, if you are struggling with this error, then refer to the solutions given in the next section.
Methods to Eliminate Windowsupdate_80070103 on Your Own:
Check the solutions and keep trying unless you find the correct way out.
Method 1: Check the Device Drivers
First, identify whether device drivers are causing this error or not. Here’s how can you check device drivers in the update history.
- Go to the Start menu and type ‘Windows update’ in the search box.
- If you can’t find the search box, then press the Windows key and ‘S’ at the same time to make it visible.
- Now, search for Windows update and click on the link for ‘View Installed update history.’
- The window will display a list of failed and successful updates.
- The driver Windows has failed to install is causing the Windowsupdate_80070103.
- So, you would have to install the driver manually as discussed in the next method.
Method 2: Install Drivers Manually
Most of the users have encountered the Windowsupdate_80070103 error while updating the NVIDIA driver on their computers. So, if you have found the NVIDIA driver as the primary reason behind this error, then update it manually. To do so, uninstall the driver first and then install its latest version as stated under.
- Press the Windows key and ‘R’ at the same time to open the Run application.
- Type ‘debmgmt.msc’ inside the Run dialog box and press ‘Enter’ to access the Device Manager window.
- Expand ‘Display Adapters’ and find your NVIDIA driver.
- Right-click on the driver and select the ‘Uninstall’ option from the context menu.
- If a confirmation popup appears, then click the ‘OK’ button to continue.
- After uninstalling the driver, visit the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest version of the NVIDIA driver.
- Then, download and install the driver on your computer.
Instead of visiting the manufacturer’s website, you can install the driver by browsing your computer for driver software. For that, open the Device Manager window as discussed above.
Then, scroll down the list of categories available and expand ‘Display Adapters’. Right-click on the NVIDIA driver and select the ‘Update Driver’ option form the drop-down menu.
Windows will then show you two options and you have to select the second one. So, click ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and select the corresponding location on your computer.
Click the ‘Next’ button and complete the process with onscreen instructions. Restart the system when the process is over and see whether you still get the same error or not.
Method 3: Hide the Update
Temporarily hide driver updates if you receive Windowsupdate_80070103 error after updating all device drivers. Keep in mind that you won’t get anymore driver update after performing this method once. Therefore, obtain administrator privileges and follow the steps that are given below.
- Click the Start menu, type ‘system’ in the Windows search bar and press ‘Enter.’
- Right-click on ‘This PC’ and open the Properties window.
- Click on the ‘Advanced system settings’ in the left pane and navigate to the ‘Hardware’ tab.
- Select the ‘Device Installation Settings’ button and select the checkbox for ‘“No (your device might not work as expected)”.
- Save the changes and restart the system to ensure that you are no longer encountering the same error.
Note: If Windowsupdate_80070103 goes away after hiding all driver updates, re-enable this feature. Otherwise, Windows won’t prompt you whenever a driver update is available. Moreover, it is not possible for you to check for driver updates and install them manually.
Hopefully, after applying the aforesaid method you will get rid of the Windowsupdate_80070103 error very soon.