Error code 0x803f8001 is one of the most frequent errors which the Xbox users might encounter while playing some interactive games in it. You can mainly get this error when your Xbox services are down. If you have already faced this error and want to resolve it, then you are in the perfect page. This article consists of a step-by-step guide which will help you out in resolving this particular error in your Xbox device. Before proceeding to the part of the solution, at first, let’s focus on the causes due to which you are getting this error. After that, you need to walk through the next section.
Reasons to Encounter Xbox Error Code 0x803f8001:
There are more than one causes because of which you can encounter this error. For instance-
- In case, if the Xbox services are down, then you can encounter this error in your device.
- Due to some download issues, you can also encounter this error in your device.
As you are aware of the causes, now let’s focus on the solutions to resolve this issue quickly.
Quick-Fixes to Resolve Error Code 0x803f8001 in Xbox:
Here is a step-by-step guide using which you will be able to resolve this issue without any hassle.
Method 1: Power Cycle Xbox One
You can also perform a power cycle in your Xbox to resolve this error code 0x803f8001 without any complications. In that case, try to follow these steps carefully.
- At first, on your Xbox one, you have to tap and hold the white Power button for some time. Then, you will be able to see that the gaming console will be turned off.
- Once done, now you have to unplug the power cord as well as wait for some time.
- After that, you have to plug back in the power cord. Then, turn on the console.
- Now, you have to perform the update process again and you will be able to resolve this matter quickly. In case, if you won’t be able to resolve the Xbox error code 0x803f8001 issue, then try out the next method.
Method 2: Check Xbox Live Status
You can also encounter this error if all of the services are not running. In that case, you can check Xbox live status which can give you an idea if the services are running or not.Furthermore, you have to check the live status of your Xbox. If you are able to see alerts, then you have to wait until all of the services starts running. Once done, you can try to play it again.
Method 3: Incorrect Login Credentials
You can also encounter this issue if some other family members of yours have downloaded the game but he or she is not signed in currently. In that case, you have to ask your family member to sign in who have downloaded the game. Once he or she gets online, you to need to set the Xbox One as the Home Console for the user who has downloaded this particular game.
Method 4: Hard Reset
Some users have reported that performing a hard reset can resolve this issue. If you restore Xbox One to the factory default settings, it will erase all of the accounts, setting, saved games and home Xbox association. Once you are able to connect the service, your gaming console will start syncing. In order to reset your gaming console, you should try out these steps:
- At first, you have to tap on the left button which is situated on the directional pad. This will open the menu on the left of the screen.
- After that, you have to scroll down to the gear icon as well as select “All Settings” by tapping on the A button
- Now, you have to choose the System and after that, you have to go to the “Console Info & Updates”.
- Once done, you have to choose the Reset Console option.
- Now, you will be asked if you want “Reset and remove everything” or “Reset and Keep my games & apps”
- Thus, from there, you have to choose the Reset and Remove Everything option.
- After that, Xbox Live will start syncing with your console. Now, you can try to play the game.
Hopefully, it will help you out. In case, if you won’t be able to resolve the issue, you should try out the alternative method mentioned below.
Method 5: Reinstall the Game
You can also reinstall that particular game due to which you get this issue. In order to reinstall this game, at first, you have to tap on the X on both of the searches which are in the App store and then you have to reinstall the game.
Method 6: Download Issues With Windows 10
As per some users, you can also encounter this issue due to the outdated OS or graphics card drivers. In that case, try to update them by using these steps.
- At first, you have to be sure about that, the Windows 10 is updated to the latest version.
- Now, you have to be sure that the Windows 10 is updated to the latest version.
- In this case, you can also check that your graphics card is downloaded. Also, you need to update the graphics card drivers
- After that, you have to reboot your system. Also, be sure that you have to log out any Microsoft account in the Windows store or a web browser.
- Thereafter, you have to log in back in the Windows store and search for the game in the search field.
- If you become unable to find the game which is situated in the top right next to the search bar.
- Now, you have to go back to my library. After that, you have to tap on the games.
- Next, you have to tap on Show All option.
- After that, tap on the Unhide this show. You will be able to see the game.
- Now, the game in question will say “You Already Own This.”
- After that, you have to proceed to update the game. Be sure that your hard drive has a minimum 60GB space free.
After performing all of these steps, you will be able to resolve this error 0x803f8001 quickly.
Throughout this article, the experts have provided a complete guide using which you will be able to fix this error code 0x803f8001 in a hassle-free way. In that case, try to follow each and every step carefully. Try to avoid step jumping. If you encounter any kind of glitches while performing these steps, you can provide your valuable feedback in the comment section.