Windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9 is one of the most frequent and common issues that users experience. Generally, this error leads to a blank screen whenever you try to boot the system. Additionally, the 0xc00000e9 error can come up due to hardware defects pertaining to the Basic Input or Output System (BIOS). Moreover, you might encounter this error code due to several reasons.
However, in case you are stuck with this annoying issue on the Windows 10 system and don’t know how to fix it, then don’t fret. Here, in this post, we will discuss some of the most effective and easiest troubleshooting hacks by which you can easily fix this glitch. But, before proceeding with the troubleshooting hacks, let’s take a look at some more details about the Windows 10 error 0xc00000e9.
Common Causes of Error Code 0xc00000e9 Windows 10
You might encounter this error code 0xc00000e9 due to plenty of reasons. Therefore, we have listed the causes due to which this glitch can occur:
- This issue can arise if the integrity of the system files is damaged.
- There might be no connection between the motherboard and the hard drive of the system.
- This issue can come up due to incorrect connection of a removable storage device (USB, external hard drive).
- Damaged or corrupted system registry files.
- Corrupted hard drive of the system or its controller.
- This annoying issue can arise because of outdated or incompatible drivers.
- Viruses or malware can cause this issue if it damages the Registry Files or data of the system which is relevant to booting.
This frequent technical error code of the Windows 10 Operating System can be generated because of numerous other reasons too.
Ways to Fix Windows 10 Error Status 0xc00000e9
Now that you are aware of the generic reasons, it’s time to follow through the hacks to fix this annoying glitch. So, take a look at the following section.
Way 1: Run the Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”)
This is the most fundamental way that you can try to eradicate this error code 0xc00000e9 on your own. Here, we have rounded up some easy steps to run the System file checker.
- At first, you need to go to the Start menu of the system and tap on it to open.
- After that, you will get the search box.
- Write ‘Command’ in that search box and press Enter + Shift + Ctrl key. You will get a prompt dialog box.
- After that, choose Yes (Y).
- Now, you will get a black box with a blinking cursor.
- You need to enter “sfc/scannow” on the box and press the Enter key.
- Now, the system file checker will begin the scanning process.
- It may take some time to complete the scanning process. Thus, be patient.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen commands.
- Then, restart the system.
Finally, you need to check for the error code 0xc00000e9. In case the error code still persists, then you should move out to the next troubleshooting method.
Way 2: Change the BIOS (Basic Input or Output System) Setting of the System
In case, the above-mentioned steps did not work for you, then change the BIOS (Basic Input or Output System) settings. To do it, follow the steps:
- At first, you need to shut down the system.
- After that, start the system again.
- Next, press and hold down the power button of the system to access the (Basic Input or Output System) BIOS settings of the system. Generally, the ESC key, F2 key, F12 key or Delete key are the ones for accessing BIOS.
- Then, you need to go to the Boot options under the BIOS Setup Utility window.
- Make sure that the first boot device is the hard drive of the system. Moreover, press Down Arrow key. This process will highlight the hard drive of the system. Move it to the top of the list of boot device.
- Save the changes that you have made to proceed further.
- After that, you need to restart the system.
Way 3: Run the Disk Check on the System
Running a disk check can help to resolve this error. You just need to follow some easy steps to do it. The steps are:
- At first, press and hold down the Windows key + R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, you need to write ‘msconfig’ in the Run dialog box and tap on the OK button to proceed further. The system configuration will open.
- Next, whenever you are prompted to restart the system, do it. Then, boot the system into the Safe Mode.
- Now, you need to open Command Prompt from the Search option.
- Now, you need to write ‘chkdsk/f/r’ and then, press the Enter key.
- Again, you need to click on Yes or Y key.
- Now, the disk check process will begin.
- Additionally, it will take some time to complete. So, wait until the entire disk check process completes.
- Restart the system.
Way 4: Repair the Registry Entries Associated with Status 0xc00000e9 Error
In case the above-mentioned methods did not work for you, then this is the last thing you can try.
- At first, you need to go to the Start menu.
- Write ‘Command’ in the search box. Hit Enter + Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard.
- Now, you will get a prompt dialog box on the screen.
- Tap on Yes option to proceed further.
- Now, a black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Write “regedit” on the box and after that, you need to press the Enter key.
- Choose the Error Code Status 0xc00000e9 related key under the registry editor if you want to back up.
- Next, you need to choose the Export option from the File menu.
- You need to choose the exact folder where you want to save the Windows 10 backup key, under the ‘Save In’ list.
- Next, you need to tap on Save option.
- The file saved with the .reg file extension.
- Once all the steps are done, you need to repair the registry entries manually.
- To do it, you need to go to the Start menu.
- After that, press and hold down the Windows key + R.
- Now, you need to write ‘scanregw.exe.’ in the Run Dialog Box and tap on the OK button.
- Once all the steps are complete, you need to restart the system.
In this article, we have mentioned the 4 effective methods by which you can eradicate the error code status 0xc00000e9. Therefore, try the above-described troubleshooting ways. In case, you face any confusion or trouble while performing the steps, then please let us know in the comment section below.