So many times, there are certain circumstances where users encounter memory management error Windows 10 on their computers. Mainly, this error comes up with the BSOD or Blue Screen of Death on the Windows 10 PC. It means that whenever you face the error, there will be a blue screen with the error messages.
Amidst the dazzling array of error messages, this one appears because of so many reasons. This is one such error that Microsoft suggests to many of its users along with the stop code.
In this article, we are about to walk you through all the aspects of the error and help you solve it.
Possible Fixes to Solve Memory Management Error Windows 10
Memory management is one of the most vital things to keep the OS in its best stable condition. Basically, it is nothing but a function that helps to manage the entire memory structure of the OS.
However, a properly working memory system implies that the health of the system is so good.
But there are times when something goes wrong in this memory management system and you face up with the Windows 10 error. This is the time when the system will start showing BSOD at regular intervals on your Windows 10 computer and it also gets so annoying as time passes.
Regardless of the status, memory management is there to track all of the memory locations.
So, the transition and processing of the memory totally depend on the link between the RAM and the physical memory. If there’s something wrong in the memory execution after this linking and memory allocation to different units of the system, then you might face up with it.
Whatsoever, let us take you through the steps to fix the Windows 10 memory management error right away.
Method 1 – Run the SFC Scanner
There might be so many problems in the system of your Windows 10 PC, and to detect them there’s a Microsoft built-in tool known as SFC scanner. Detecting various problems is the main task of this troubleshooter.
It seems to have solved so many problems or the memory management woes of the OS. If you want to solve the stop code memory management Windows 10, then stick around the steps.
These will be enough to help you run the SFC scanner and fix the error:
- Press the Windows and S key together to open the Windows Search panel and search for Command Prompt from the search box.
- From the list of search results, select the Command Prompt and right-click on it to select the Run as Administrator option and continue further.
- If the User Account Control asks for permission, then provide so by clicking on the Yes button. Sometimes, the UAC might ask for the Administrator Password, put them in the box and click on OK.
- As the Command Prompt opens with the Administrative privileges, type in the following command and hit the Enter Key for executing it.
- Let the scan complete as it might take a few minutes and fix the issue.
These are the steps that will help you not only run the SFC but also fix it without any trouble. It will run through the system and get rid of the Windows 10 error you have encountered earlier.
Even if the scanner didn’t help you fix the issue, then it will definitely allow the system to run nicer.
Method 2 – Check the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
There are so many features that Windows comes with along with the solutions to fix several errors on the system. As the name suggests, the Blue Screen memory management Windows 10 directly relates to the memory of the computer.
The problem might be responsible due to some physical problems on the installed RAM. This is where the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool might help you fix it.
If you have no idea how you can do that, then follow the steps as discussed below:
- At first, open the Windows search menu by pressing down the Windows and S key together. After that, type in ‘Windows Diagnostic Tool’ in the search menu and hit the Enter key to open it.
- As the Windows Diagnostic Tool appears on the screen, select the Memory diagnostic option from the menu.
- Afterward, click on the Restart Now button to continue with the steps and to put the RAM through its paces in the Start menu.
Once the Windows starts up, it will inform you about the system if there’s something wrong with its memory structure and allocation. If the RAM got some problem, then you will know about it here.
You can either change it on your own or send it back to the service center if it’s under the warranty period. Hope, this method helps you fix memory management error Windows 10 else you can follow the next solution.
Method 3 – Look for Recent Software Installations
Sometimes, the process of how to fix memory management error Windows 10 relies on the recent activities. If you are suddenly facing the error on the system, then it implies that something is fishy with the activity you have performed on it earlier.
You can undo some of your recent activities on your PC such as uninstalling some newly installed software application or something else. There are a certain number of software applications that can cause the memory management error that you have encountered.
So, uninstalling such applications would be a great idea.
Method 4 – Update the Graphics Card Driver
As there are so many reasons are out there responsible for the occurrence of the Windows 10 memory management error, outdated drivers might be another reason. This is one of the most potential fixes that can take you out of such situations.
Graphics drivers play the most significant role causing the error. So, to get rid of it, update it as soon as possible and don’t worry about the steps to do that as we’ve discussed all of them in the following section.
- First, you need to open the Windows search menu ass you did it in Method 1 and 2.
- Then, make a search for Device Manager from the search box and hit the Enter key to open it.
- Since the Device Manager opens, look out for Display Adapters and expand it. Here, you will find the name of the manufacturer of the graphics along with its name, right-click on it.
- After that, select the Update Driver from the queue window and click on it to continue further.
- Once the new dialog box appears on the screen, follow the on-screen instructions carefully to update the driver automatically.
The process might take a few minutes to complete but the wait is worthy. It will help you fix the error you have been facing for a while.
You can check if the error still appears to be on the system. And if it does, then check out the next solution.
Method 5 – Run a Disk Check
As the problem we are discussing is related to memory, then we cannot conclude it without talking about the disk checking method. If there corrupt NTFS volume on your Windows 10 PC, then you might face up with the error.
Here’s how you can run the disk check without facing any kind of trouble on the system.
- Open the Command Prompt with Administrative privileges as you did in the first method at the beginning of this discussion.
- After that, type in the following command and hit the Enter key to execute it.
chkdsk /f /r
- After the execution of the command, press Y from the keyboard and continue.
Let the Check Disk Utility do its work and wait until it gets done. Afterward, check for the stop code memory management Windows 10 whether it still exists on the system or not.
To Sum Up
So, these are the best solutions you can try to solve memory management error Windows 10 without facing any trouble. Here, we have discussed all the methods that directly deal with the solution of the error.
After reading it out, it shouldn’t appear any longer on the system. Hope, the article was able to resolve the error that has been bothering you for a while now. Thank you.