QUIC is a protocol that provides the same security protection as TLS/SSL but is much faster. This experimental network protocol not only speeds up the browser but is also used to provide better graphics to online games. You might see an error message saying err_quic_protocol_error while opening a Google integrated web page like Gmail or YouTube. There are a few reasons behind the causes of this error. The most common reason is that it is still in an experimental stage and may run into some glitches.
Effective Solutions to Fix Err_Quic_Protocol_Error
Here, we have provided some easy and helpful instructions to help you fix err_quic_protocol_error on chrome by yourself. Hence, go through these steps and apply them accordingly.
Solution 1 : Disable QUIC Protocol
This is the easiest method to fix this error. You just have to disable the QUIC protocol. To do that follow the steps below.
- First, open your Chrome browser. Head over to the address bar and type “chrome://flags”. Thereafter, hit the Enter button.
- Here, click on the Search bar and type ‘QUIC’.
- Then, Experimental QUIC protocol will appear. Click on the drop down menu beside it and choose ‘Disable’.
When you are done, restart your Chrome browser and try to access the same site. Check if you are still facing the problem or not.
Solution 2 : Delete or Disable Third-Party Extensions
If the previous solution did not fix err_quic_protocol_error, then a faulty extension could be the cause of the problem. Hence, you can fix this issue by uninstalling or disabling the extension one by one until you find the faulty one. Thus, go through the following instructions to do so.
- First, type ‘chrome://extensions’ into the address bar of your Chrome browser and press the Enter button. This will open the Extensions settings menu on your browser.
- Here, you will see all the installed extensions of your browser. Then, click the slider beside it to turn it off.
- After that, try to load the website which returned the error. Check if it is loading properly or not. Do this with all the other extensions until the website loads correctly.
- Once found, click on the Remove button to delete those extensions.
After finishing the process, restart your Chrome browser and your problem should be resolved. If you’re still facing the error despite turning all of them off, then you can try the next solution.
Solution 3 : Disable Your Firewall Temporarily
Incoming and outgoing network traffic is monitored by the system’s Firewall. It protects your system from unauthorised access and helps to filter network traffic as well. However, it can sometimes cause network issues like err_quic_protocol_error. Thus, you can disable it to resolve the issue by following the steps below.
- Launch Windows Search by pressing the Windows + S keys on your keyboard together. Here, type ‘firewall’ and choose the Check firewall status option from the search results.
- Then, navigate to Windows Defender Firewall from the left menu pane.
- After that, select the option for Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Then, select the Turn off option and save your changes by selecting the OK button.
After completing this method, try to open the same site to check if this method has fixed the issue or not.
In conclusion, the above instructions should help you to fix issue err_quic_protocol_error on chrome browsers. As stated earlier, you may face this issue if it runs into any glitches. However, you should be able to easily fix it by disabling the QUIC protocol from the browser settings.