Archiving email is sometimes necessary for enhancing the Outlook performance. It helps to manage the .PST file size. Moreover, this technique has the capability to remove the files from the Email inbox and store them as .PST files. As a result, you can retrieve those data as well as clear the Outlook memory. However, we will discuss here how to archive in Outlook without facing any difficulty.
Why do you Need to Archive an Email?
There are some benefits you can avail if you effectively perform the mail archive process. Here, we are going to talk about the reasons why you need to archive an email.
- Sending emails to Archive is one of the effective methods to manage the .PST files. It reduces the .PST file sizes as it extracts the folder into a specific format.
- It helps to track the records and has an excellent power to represent the Outlook profile.
- The Outlook users can take backup and archive the .PST files if necessary. Thus, it increases the Outlook’s performance effortlessly by removing the possible technical clogs.
How to Archive in Outlook with a Few Simple Ways
Here, we are going to discuss the steps on how to archive in Outlook effectively. Moreover, it helps to free up the storage spaces without any technical hassle. So, you might try out the effective methods that are given below.
Set Auto Archive Settings and Archive Outlook
- Open the Outlook window and click on the File menu.
- After that, choose Options from the drop-down menu and tap on the Advanced button.
- Next, click on the AutoArchive Settings button from the Advanced section.
- Now, select the AutoArchive options and modify it as per your requirement.
- Turn off the AutoArchive settings by removing the tick from the checkbox says, “Run AutoArchive Every [X] day) where X defines the number of days.
- Then, change the archive frequency and determine how old items you want to archive.
- Finally, set the old items without moving it to another .pst file or delete it from the app.
- When done, click the OK button and save the new changes to apply the new archive settings.
Manual Process to Perform Email Archive
- Go to the File menu from the Outlook menu and choose Info from the pop-up menu.
- Now, Click on the Cleanup Tools that is next to the Mailbox Cleanup.
- Select Archive from the same window and tap the Choose the Folder tab.
- Locate the file that you want to archive and Outlook will save that folder and all the subfolders underneath it. You can move all the items of the Outlook into a new file by selecting the Outlook folder (root folder).
- Then, tap on the archive options such as the date and number of emails, etc. You can set how old emails you want to archive.
- You can create a .pst file to move all the documents from the Outlook folder and retrieve the important data.
- Finally, click the OK button and let the Outlook start the archive the email contents.
Archive the Outlook Email by Defining the Limitation
For the latest version of the Outlook, you can follow the steps below:
- When the message appears on the Outlook menu, modify the Date Received (120-180 days approx.).
- After that, go to the “Do the Following to a defined action” section.
- Click on the Move Message and Archived Mail checkbox and go to the next window.
- Next, confirm that the Outlook archive is enabled and tap the OK button to close the setup window.
- Once done, launch the Outlook app and check whether the app is synched properly or not.
For the older version of the Outlook:
- Open the Outlook application by tapping the Outlook file.
- Now, click on the Tools from the menu bar and choose Options from the drop-down shown on the window.
- Next, select the Other under the Options section and finally hit the Auto Archive option.
- It will come up with a similar set of options and you might agree with those options.
- Close the Setup window and it is one of the most effective processes on how to archive in Outlook.
Here is some additional information that will help you to perform the email archive process quickly. Moreover, you won’t have any doubt on how to archive in Outlook files.
How do you Determine the Latest Modification Date and Time of the Email Messages
- Tap on the View menu and locate the Current View option.
- After that, click on the Customize Current View.
- Now, tap on the Fields and choose the available fields from the list.
- Next, tap on the All Mail Fields.
- Click on the Modified under Available fields and click the Add button to modify the field.
- Then, Click the Move Up or Move Down button and fix the position of the modified field. Next, confirm it by hitting the OK button. Thus, you can modify the email’s date and time.
The Process to Create a .PST File
- Open the Outlook 2016 file and click on the Home tab from the menu bar.
- Now, click on the New Items from the list under the Home.
- Select More Items from the sub-menu shown by tapping the New Items.
- After that, click on the Outlook Data File option and enter an appropriate file.
- Next, click the OK button and save the folder under the C:\ drive.
The Bottom Line
In the above article, we have discussed the effective methods of how to archive in Outlook without facing any technical error. Moreover, we have defined the reasons behind the archiving process. So, we hope this content will help you to overcome all the possible issues regarding the Outlook email efficiently and will enhance the Email service effortlessly.