Sometimes, the Gmail users got annoying messages from unknown persons and this can hamper your work when you are busy in your ongoing project. Moreover, it is a more critical problem when unnecessary links or documents are attached to this email. Even some hackers send unauthorized links and hack the confidential data from the user’s computers. However, we are going to talk about the effective steps on how to block someone on Gmail in this content.
How to Block Someone on Gmail? Technical Hacks
There are various ways to block email on Gmail and we are going to discuss the steps below. It will help to resolve this annoying issue technically.
Block Email on Gmail from Desktop/Windows PC
- Double-tap on the browser icon and launch the browser window on the screen.
- After that, go to the Gmail Official website (www.gmail.com) and enter the correct username and password to login the Gmail Account.
- Now, search the Gmail account, whom you want to block by entering his/her name in the Gmail Search box.
- If you see multiple names after entering a few characters of the user’s first name, then click on the down arrow key to locate the correct one.
- After choosing the sender’s name, Gmail will represent the User details along with his/her sending emails. Tap on the down arrow key from the right-side of the incoming email.
- Next, select the option named “Block [username]” and confirm it by pressing the Block button from the resultant dialog box.
- Now, you will stop receiving emails from this blocked user and it is one of the easiest processes to block Email on Gmail.
By using the Gmail Extension
If you have an active Gmail account and have access permission, then you can easily tackle this annoying problem. Moreover, an inactive account won’t be able to resolve this problem.
- Download the Google Chrome browser and install it with the latest version that must be compatible with your device OS.
- Now, go to the Google Chrome Web Store and include the Extended option entitled with Block Sender for Gmail.
- When you are in the Gmail inbox, then you can able to open the incoming messages, as well as, block the users.
- However, open any message that you wish to block and click the Block button from the upper section of the window.
- After blocking the user, Gmail will create a new filter which contains the blocked users’ names and finally, it will show that the message “[Username]” is blocked. You can also unblock the username by tapping the Undo option.
So, the Gmail Filter will block the messages if the unknown sender tries to send you the mail in the future. Moreover, the mail will be directly going to the Trash folder rather than coming into the Inbox.
How to Setup Manual Filter for Blocked Users?
- Click on the down arrow key from the Gmail search box and type the desired Gmail address under the Form section.
- Next, you will get two options to customize the blocked sections. You need to select the option either “Entire Domain Block” or “Users block”. In the case of multiple users, you can use the separator symbol between the users’ names and blocked them randomly.
- Now, tap on the Create Filter with this search and place a tick the checkbox says, “When a message arrives that matches with this search”.
- Then, ‘Check the Delete It’ option and hit the Create Filter button.
- Finally, agree with the option “Also Apply filter to [username] matching conversations” that will help you to remove the previous messages received from those users.
Block People in Gmail App on the iOS
- Download the Gmail app and open a message of the sender to whom you want to block.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom of the message until you find the option Unsubscribe or Change Preferences.
- Tap on any of this tab and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the people blocked process. It will take a few days to apply the new effect and once done, close the Gmail App and relaunch the app to verify the people are blocked from your Gmail Account or not.
In the above article, we have defined the methods on how to block someone on Gmail effectively. Moreover, the solutions will tackle the future correspondence Emails without any technical hassle. So, we hope this content will be helpful to overcome the Gmail related annoying issue permanently.