Chromebook are gadgets that run on Linux based Chrome Operating System. It has the ability to run Android applications as well. This kind of device is specifically meant for the users who perform a wide array of tasks on the Chrome browser.
Furthermore, you can also use this device to cast media to the TV using Chromecast. But, if you are unaware of how to cast video from a Chromebook to a Chromecast, then you can go through the below section carefully.
Easy Ways to Cast Video from a Chromebook to a Chromecast
There are a few steps to cast video from a Chromebook to a Chromecast. You can perform the steps provided below in the exact sequence provided.
How to Cast Screen using Google Chrome Browser?
You can cast video from a Chromebook to a Chromecast by using the Google Chrome browser. To do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First of all, open the Chrome browser.
- Then, open the Menu and choose the ‘Cast’ option from the list.
- Click on the drop-down button of Sources from the Cast box.
- Next, choose ‘Cast Desktop’ from the resultant options.
- Choose your Chromecast from the available list.
- Now, you will be asked what you want to share. The entire screen will be selected by default. Here, you will have to confirm that the ‘Share Audio’ box is checked.
- Lastly, tap on the Share button.
After a few seconds, a blue casting icon will appear on the toolbar of the Chrome browser. It indicates that you are casting.
How to Cast Videos Stored on your Drive using Chromebook?
If you want to cast a video file that is stored on your Google Drive, then you can apply the following steps:
- In the beginning, tap on the Launcher icon from the corner of the screen.
- Then, navigate to the Files tab and tap on the ‘My Drive’ option.
- Now, select the video file that you wish to cast and click twice on it.
- Following that, a video player will start to play the videos.
- Click on the Cast icon from the bottom of the video player.
- Lastly, choose the device to cast the videos.
The video will now start to play. You can control it through the Chromebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Cast from Google Chrome Browser?
If you are using the Google Chrome browser, then you can use this method to cast videos. To do this, you can perform the steps provided below:
- First of all, make sure that both the Chromecast and Chromebook are connected through the same wireless network.
- Then, launch the Chrome browser on the Chromebook. Go to the upper right pane of the screen and open its Menu.
- Next. choose the ‘Cast…’ option from the list of options. A list of available devices will appear on the next screen.
- You will see two options are available there, such as- Cast Desktop (to share the whole display) and Cast tab (share your current tab). Choose any one of these two options.
- Afterwards, tap on the name of your Chromecast device that you wish to cast.
If you are sharing a particular tab, then it will appear on the TV. Or, if you have selected the ‘Cast Desktop’ option, then it will display the entire screen.
How to Cast from the Chromebook Desktop to Chromecast?
You can also cast from the Chromebook desktop to Chromebook by following the steps mentioned below:
- First, connect both the Chromecast and Chromebook with the same wireless network.
- Then, turn the Bluetooth On on your Chromebook.
- Tap on the ‘Time’ option. Next, choose the Cast devices from the available list.
- Afterwards, tap on the Chromecast device that you wish to cast.
- Now, you will be prompted to select what to cast from the given options. You can either select a particular app or the entire desktop and cast it.
- Lastly, tap on the Share button.
Now, the desktop will get cast with the help of the Chromecast.
How to Stop Casting?
Now, if you want to stop the feature then it is more than easy. To stop casting, click on the Cast icon from the top of the Chrome window. Then, choose the Chromecast to stop casting.