Today, customers of a brand in almost any industry and niche expect to be able to contact brand representatives multiple ways: phone, email, or their favorite messaging app. Providing high-quality support via multiple channels and adopting the concept of omnichannel communication is no easy task. However, with the help of modern omnichannel messaging platforms, even small companies without sky-high budgets can achieve efficient communication across many channels.
The Importance of Omnichannel Communication
So what is omnichannel communication? Generally, the term describes the practice of unifying conversations across different channels, such as websites, mobile apps, social media, and phone calls in a single-point system for optimizing interactions. It involves integrating all of a company’s communication channels, such as phone, email, chat, social media, and in-person interactions so that customers can easily switch between channels without having to repeat themselves.
The importance of omnichannel communication lies in its ability to provide a seamless customer experience across different platforms. Both companies and customers benefit from leveraging customer communication management software. Customers can interact with businesses in the way that is most convenient for them, which makes them feel valued and respected. This leads to increased customer satisfaction. Subsequently, customers who are satisfied with a business are more likely to become long-term and loyal ones. Because customers are more likely to spend more money with higher frequencies with businesses they trust, omnichannel communication also leads to increased revenue for businesses.
Last but not least, omnichannel messaging platforms can help businesses to reduce costs by streamlining operations and improving efficiency. For example, by making WhatsApp support via omnichannel integration as fast and personalized as phone support, a company can reduce the cost of solving each customer inquiry, as a single agent can easily handle 3-4 WhatsApp chats at once, compared to a single phone call at a time.
Simultaneously, omnichannel communication helps companies to streamline operations and reduce the amount of time and effort required to handle customer inquiries, get a complete view of each customer’s interaction history, as well as easily collect more data about their customers to improve their customer experience and make better business decisions.
Communication Channels included in Omnichannel Communication
Among channels that can be merged together using an omnichannel platform:
- Social media. It is a great way to connect with customers and provide support. You can use social media to create engaging content, promote new products and services, react to brand mentions by other users, and answer customer questions.
- Phone calls play an important role in customer communication, especially for complex issues. Make sure that your customer support team is trained to handle phone calls professionally and efficiently.
- Email. Good old email is still a valid way to stay in touch with your audience by sending updates, personalized messages, and promotions to customers. However, it is important to avoid spamming your customers’ inboxes.
- Website. Your website is often the point of discovery of your business for many potential customers. It is important to make sure that your website is easy to navigate and provides all the information that customers need. Using a free live chat is a great way to provide customers with the ability to get help quickly and easily.
- SMS can be used to send quick and convenient notifications, alerts, and updates to customers.
- Instant messengers, such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, and others are great alternatives to SMS messages for both service notifications and promotional communication, as you can easily share multimedia content with the clients, and both parties can avoid paying large fees associated with international SMS messaging.
When choosing omnichannel communication channels, it is important to consider your target audience, business goals, and resources available. Select the channels that align with the preferences of your customers and provide a seamless experience across all touchpoints.
How companies can combine all interactions in one app?
Combining all communication in a single interface can be performed by using dedicated omnichannel messaging platforms. These software solutions enable seamless interactions with customers across multiple messaging platforms and social media channels. These platforms help businesses increase sales without bringing in new traffic, and improve support on all stages of the customer journey: from brand discovery to post-purchase support.
Along with email and SMS, popular omnichannel messaging platforms provide official integrations with the most popular instant messengers, such as WhatsApp and Telegram, and social media (Facebook, Instagram) ensuring secure solutions to grow your business. For example, Umnico all-in-one messenger provides WhatsApp Business API that allows companies to process messages from multiple WhatsApp Business accounts in a single interface, distribute the inquiries among employees, and monitor performance metrics: initial response time, resolution time, average number of solved tickets daily, and more.
Summing Things Up
Omnichannel messaging platforms are a valuable tool for businesses that want to improve their customer communication and experience. Companies can combine all interactions in one app by using an omnichannel messaging platform. These platforms allow businesses to manage customer conversations from all channels in a single interface, including email, SMS, live chat, and social media. This can help businesses to improve their customer service, efficiency, and sales.