Yahoo mailing is one of the most widely used email services, after Gmail. There are many users who use Yahoo emailing service for sending emails to the users for different personal as well as professional purposes. Sometimes, the Yahoo users need to delete the folders from there Yahoo account. If you are a Yahoo email account holder and if you are searching for how to delete folders in Yahoo mail, then this article is for you. Through this article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to delete folders from your Yahoo email account.
Quick and Easy Steps to Delete Folders in Yahoo Mail:
Here, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to delete the folders in Yahoo mail. Go through the solutions that are described in the following part of the article to know the details on it.
Method 1: Delete Folders from Yahoo Mail by using IMAP
IMAP is one of the best ways that can connect the Yahoo mail account to any kind of devices like a desktop mail client or mobile application. Here, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to delete your Yahoo mail folder by using IMAP. Go through the steps which are followed by.
- At first, right-click on that folder that you want to delete.
- After that, choose the Delete option from the menu and click on it.
Method 2: Delete Folders by using Yahoo Mail Basic
You can delete folders in the Yahoo mail by using the Yahoo mail basic. Yahoo mail basic is an easier version of Yahoo mail. If you don’t want to use the full-featured version of Yahoo mail, then you can use the Yahoo mail basic service. In the upcoming part of the article, we will discuss that how to delete folders by using Yahoo mail basic. Go through the steps which are next to you.
- At first, you will need to open the folder that you want to delete from Yahoo Mail basic.
- Then, sort out the messages that you want to keep and move it to some other folder.
- Thereafter, go to the folder list and click on the Edit option that you can find next to the My Folder.
- After that, choose the folder that you want to delete. Further, click on the Delete option which is located near to the My Folder.
- Click on OK under the Delete Folder option.
Method 3: Manual Process
You can follow the steps which are written in the upcoming part of the article to delete any folder from the Yahoo mail.
- At first, you will need to sign in with your Yahoo mail account.
- Then, move on to the left side of your computer screen and select the drop-down symbol which is near to the Folder option. There, you can find out the list of folders that were created by you in the earlier.
- Thereafter, find out the folder that you want to delete from your Yahoo email account.
- After, finding out the folder right-click on it. Then, a drop-down list will appear on your screen.
- Remove all the emails from the folder that you want to delete, then click on the Delete folder option.
- Click on the Delete all emails option from the appearing list. Then, a notification box will be shown up on your screen. Now, click on the OK button.
- Furthermore, you will need to proceed with by right-clicking on the folder that you want to delete. Then, choose the Delete folder option.
- Now, the folder that you wanted to delete from your Yahoo email account will be deleted.
Here is an alternative method that can also help you to delete folders in Yahoo mail. The steps are followed by.
- At first, select the folder that you want to delete and open it.
- After that, click on the checkboxes which are visible in front of each message.
- Thereafter, move on to the main toolbar and click on the Delete or Move option.
- Then, click on the drop-down arrow which is located near to the Folder’s name. Do it only at the time when the folder is blank.
- Once you have done with all the steps which are described in the above of the article, click on Delete option to delete the folder.
The purpose of writing this article was to give you the answer to your question that how to delete folders in Yahoo mail. Hope that the article has helped you to let you know the answer to your question. If then also you fail to delete folders in your Yahoo mails, then it is advised to take help from a professional to get rid of this error.