A Mac is a computer well-known for its simple and easy user interface and a very powerful security features. Although there is no requirement to install any reliable security software on the Mac, even then some users do it for extra precaution. The most common security software that users install on their Mac is the ‘Avast Security’. But, since this application interferes with the normal functioning of the computer, sometimes it is necessary for you to know how to disable Avast Mac. To do that, look into this article for proper guidance.
Guidelines on How to Disable Avast Mac
In this section of the article, you will get many steps that guide you on the process of deactivating the Avast security software from Mac.
Steps to Deactivate/Turn off the Avast Security Software Via Applications
In this point, there are steps on how to disable Avast Mac from the Applications folder. Therefore, follow along.
- First, on the dock present at the bottom of the desktop choose the ‘Finder’ icon and open it.
- After that, on the bar at the top of the desktop, you will see ‘Finder’ text and beside it, there are many menu items. Now, locate a menu item ‘Go’ and tap on it to launch a popup list.
- Then, from that list locate and click on the option ‘Applications’. This will launch a ‘Finder’ window, where all the contents of the ‘Applications’ folder will be presented. In this folder basically, you get all the programs that are installed within the Mac in a list.
- Now, go to the top of the window and locate the ‘Avast’ icon and tap on it. This will show a popup menu and from it choose the option ‘Open avast Preferences’.
- As soon as you do this, a dialog box appears that has the same name as the option you chose in the previous step.
- Within this dialog box, select the tab ‘Shields’. Under this tab there are three categories ‘File System Shield’, ‘Mail Shield’, ‘Web Shield’, but since they are locked you cannot able to alter them.
- To do alterations, go to the bottom-left side of the dialog box and tap on the ‘Lock’ icon.
- At this moment, a prompt will ask you to input the system password, so type it in the ‘Password’ field and then tap on ‘OK’ button.
- For every category discussed on the sixth step, just deselect or uncheck the option ‘Enabled’ to deactivate them. Next, close the dialog box and again go to the ‘Avast’ icon and press it.
Another Method to Disable Avast Security Application
Here, you will get different on how to disable Avast Mac security in a simple and easy way. So, for that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, press the combination of ‘Command + Space’ keys simultaneously. This will open a search field called ‘Spotlight’.
- Within that field type the text “Avast”. Then, from the results that come under the field, select the option ‘Avast Security’. This opens up a new window that has a similar name as the option selected on the previous line.
- Now, in this window, go to the left panel and at the bottom of it, select the option ‘Preferences’. At this moment, a new page within this window shows up.
- On that page, go to the left pane and choose the option ‘Shields’. Then, move to the right pane of the page, where there are three categories of shields. To get their names, go to the sixth step on the previous point.
- For each and every category of shields, there is a button ‘Disable’ present their right, just press them one-by-one to deactivate them.
- When you get a prompt that asks for a password each time after pressing the ‘Disable’ button, then give the password in order to complete the deactivation process.
- At last, perform a reboot of the Mac to confirm the changes.
If you follow all the points on the previous section on how to disable Avast Mac carefully, then there is a 100% chance that you can achieve it without any problem. But, if by chance you are stuck in a problem while performing a step provided on the previous section, then do not worry. Just, give the details of the issue that you have faced on the comment section below.