We all know that Google Mail Service is extremely credible. However, you may wish to download suitable business correspondence in the hard drive of your PC. Gmail backup is done to meet this purpose. But this is buggy and is not compatible with Windows 7. Therefore, the most effective way to save email messages is with the desktop email program. This is owing to the fact Gmail follows the standard POP3 mail system. In this informative post, we will show you how to download Gmail emails along with other data. Henceforth, patiently go through this article to understand.
Cogent Ways to Download Gmail Emails
Go through the below steps in order to understand “how to download emails from Gmail?”
Step 1: Choose what you wish to Download
- First, you need to log in to your personal Gmail account.
- Next, move to the Download your data page. You have the authority to choose all the products that should be included in your download.
- Each and every product would get the default selection. However, if you wish to start it with a new vibe, just press Select None.
- You need to move down and obtain Mail. Thereafter, you have to choose it.
- Next, you have to choose either Include all of your email or Select labels.
- When you are Selecting labels, you must select from Drafts, Chat, Inbox, Spam, etc.
Select 2: Selecting File Type
- First, you need to understand whether you wish to download the archive or save that in the cloud.
- Next, you have to select either .zip or .tgz.
- Finally, you need to select between 1GB and 50GB of the archived size.
Step 3: Selecting the Archives
Google gives you the opportunity to choose various apps which you like to place in your archive folder. This comprises of particular data that you wish to achieve in each app. In this scenario, you just need to back up your Gmail. For that, you need to follow the below steps and this will help you to understand how to download Gmail emails.
- First, press the button marked as Select None.
- After that, you need to move down to the Gmail icon.
- You need to slide the toggle adjacent to it for the purpose of selection. You will find the option to download your emails as well as contacts. Else, you can use the drop-down list in order to choose particular groups of email present in the Select labels button.
- After that, press Next button and then go ahead with the next step. This is done to examine the format in which you wish to download the file.
- You may either look for the infamous ZIP format which will squeeze the data or you may store it on the P.C or select the TGZ format. Moreover, you have the option to choose how to obtain the backup. You can receive it in the form of an Email in the dropbox, Drive. Also, you have the provision to select the maximum size of the file you like to archive.
Step 4: Backup The Contacts
You also may wish to back up the contacts along with your email. You will get different options such as CSV, VCARD, or HTML format. It is a very effective process and therefore, you can do so while keeping the backup. When you find the point in which you wish to obtain the apps you want to back up, after pressing Select NON, you need to move down to the contacts. After that, you need to slide the toggle present adjacent to it.
Step 5: Copying the emails in Hard Drive
Go through the below steps in order to download the Gmail emails and back them up:
- First,you need to download and after that have to install MailStore Home to begin the download Gmail emails.
- Then, you have to open the web browser and choose the gear icon. After that, move to Settings and then click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Also, you need to ensure the setting for IMAP Access is set to Enable IMAP.
- Next, you need to Open the MailStore Home software. Then, you need to choose Archive email and after that click on Gmail. Apart from these, provide an email address as well as password. After that, press Next.
- You may have to modify the settings present on the next screen as and when required.
- Moreover, tap Next in order to complete the process of setting the Gmail profile. After that, proceed with the backup.
- In order to begin, click on the Download and then begin the Gmail backup in order to start download Gmail email process .
- Next, you need to open the Gmail Gmail using the web browser. After that, you need to choose the gear icon.
- Thereafter, click on Settings.
- After that, press Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Then, you need to ensure the setting for IMAP Access and you need to set it as Enable IMAP.
- Next, you have to open Gmail Backup software. After that, you have to enter your Gmail Login as well as password.
- Then, press Directory for the purpose of selecting a place in your P.C where you want to store the backup files.
- You can modify the settings present under Since date and Before date option. This is only required when you want to keep a backup for a specific time period.
- Eventually, press Backup in order to back up the files.
Step 6: Saving Google Emails to P.C.
Follow the below guidelines in order to know how to download emails from Gmail:
- First, you need to establish Gmail and then you need to log in using the username and password. You need to wait for some time until the mailbox opens.
- Next, press the Gear icon on the white background present at the upper right-hand corner of the mailbox. This is done with the intent of opening the main settings prompt.
- After that, choose Settings available in the pull-down menu.
- Then, tap Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab present in the Settings page. This is the fifth tab obtained from the left.
- Next, move down to the Pop Download section of the page. This is basically the second section available from the top.
- Moreover, you have to examine the radio button marked as “Enable POP for All Mail”. Else, you can press “Enable POP for Mail that Arrives from Now on” present just below. It depends on whether you wish to download and store earlier messages in your P.C.
- Choose the category that is convenient for the pull-down menu present under the radio boxes entitled as “ When messages are accessed with POP”. Also, having the default choice of Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox is the most suitable choice.
- Otherwise, you have the option to select Mark Gmail’s Copy as Read, Delete Gmail’s Copy, or Archive Gmail’s Copy based on what you wish to copy present on the Gmail box.
- Next, you have to click on the Save Changes button in order to save unsaved changes. After that, establish the email client and open the prompt where you like to incorporate a new account. Next, you should press Local Folders present on the left-hand column of the homepage. Then, you have to click on Add a New Account. Else, you can press on File followed by Info option.
- Then, tap on Add Account marked with a plus sign and present at the peak of the Outlook information page.
- Moreover, press Next present at the bottom. You have to wait for sometime till the Choose Service dialog appears.
- Then, tap on Next again. You need to confirm whether the Internet E-mail default radio is ticked present in the Choose Service dialog box. Next, you need to wait till the Internet Email Settings dialog box appears. After that, provide exact information for the Gmail account present in the proper fields.
- Next, you have to provide pop.gmail.com as the incoming mail server. Also, you have to give smtp.gmail.com as the outgoing mail server.
- Thereafter, provide the whole email address in the User Name field.
- Next, you need to press the More Settings option present on the bottom lower corner of the dialog box. After that, you need to wait for some time till the Internet Email Settings window will appear.
- Next, press Outgoing Server tab and then you have to inspect the box entitled as My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Information. Moreover, you have to examine the default Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server radio box. After that, press OK.
- Thereafter, press Next and patiently wait till the system transmits and receives test email messages.
- Finally, press Close present in the text messages. After that, press Finish present in the dialog box in order to get back to the original Outlook window.
- You need the download the mail for the new account by choosing Send/Receive. You will find that all the downloaded emails stored in the email folder on the hard drive.
If you follow the above steps, you can easily download Gmail emails.
Step 7: Download Gmail Email to a Flash Drive
Google doesn’t come with the option to download emails to P.C from the Web browser. However, if you like to transfer a message to the flash drive, you just have to copy the message into Wordpad. After that, you have to save that file in TXT or RTF format. You just have to follow the below steps in order to download Gmail email to a flash drive:
- First, you need to sign in to Gmail account. Then, you have to choose the gear icon present at the top right corner.
- Next, select Settings present in the drop-down list. After that, choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Moreover, you have to choose to Enable POP for All Mail. Thereafter, select Keep’s Gmail Copy in the inbox present in the When Messages are Accessed with POP present in the drop-down list.
- Next, tap Save Changes in order to download messages from the server.
- Then, you need to choose Manual Setup or Additional Server Types from the available choices. After that, click on Next. Next, choose POP or IMAP available on the Choose Service screen and then press Next.
- Moreover, provide your name, email id, username as well as password in the proper fields. Username will be similar to the email address.
- After that, you have to set your account type to POP3. Then, you need to enter pop.gmail.com in the Incoming Mail Server field and also provide “smtp.gmail.com” in the Outgoing Mail Server field.
- Then, choose the More Settings button in order to open the Internet E-mail Settings window. After that, examine “My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication” on the Outgoing Server tab. Next, you need to choose the Advanced tab. Apart from this, you should provide 995 in the Incoming Server field. Also, you need to provide “587” for TLS and “465” in the “Outgoing Server” field as per the preferences.
- You need to examine whether the server needs an Encrypted Connection(SSL) or not.
- After that, you have to select SSL or TLS available in the Use the Following Type of Encrypted Connection present in the drop-down list. It entirely depends on the type of port you used earlier.
- Press OK in order to apply the changes you made. Furthermore, tap on Next. Finally, press Finish in order to finish the wizard.
- Proceed further by choosing Send/Receive All Folders available in the toolbar on the Send/Receive tab. It enables the downloading of messages into the hard drive. However, this is time-consuming since it depends on the number of messages present in the mailbox.
- Next, you must retrace back to the File tab when the process gets over. After that, choose Open & Export present on the left.
- Press Import/Export for the purpose of opening the Import and Export Wizard. After that, choose Export to a File and finally press Next.
- Now, you can choose Outlook Data File or Comma Separated Values and then press Next.
- Choose Inbox folder present in the account. After that, press Next. Then, you must plug in the USB flash drive to the P.C. Now, press Cancel when you receive the notification.
- Next, tap on Browse and choose flash drive present in the File Manager. Then, you give the file name and press OK to proceed.
- Eventually, tap the Finish button in order to export the data to the file. You have to give the password if you receive the notification. Ultimately, press OK in order to finish the wizard.
This article comes with the easiest and effective methodology to fulfil the purpose of download Gmail emails so that you can experience seamless service. If you follow the step by step instructions as mentioned in this article, you can easily download all the emails. Moreover, refer the user guide if you require any instant help. Also, you can give your valuable feedback in the comment section.