Backing up bookmarks in Firefox web browser is a smart move. In some cases, you might need to reinstall the Firefox application. Due to this, you can lose the links of your favorite websites. In Firefox, you can easily back up the useful link and export them when you switch to another web browser. You can restore the link as well. Not only that, you can export the bookmarks in multiple formats such as HTML, JSON, etc which are compatible with the other popular web browser as well.
But you need to know the exact procedure to do that. Many users have reported that they don’t have any idea on how to export Firefox bookmarks in other popular browsers. That is why we come up with this article to show you the simple process to export the Firefox bookmarks. Read the article carefully and you will able to export them with the help of this article.
Procedures to Follow on How to Export Firefox Bookmarks:
Before exporting the Firefox bookmarks, at first, you need to save the bookmarks in Firefox. This is because, without saving the bookmarks, you cannot export the bookmarks. Therefore, to save the bookmarks, first, launch the Firefox application on your computer. Enter the address in the address bar which you want to save. After opening the website, go to the address bar. There you will find a star marks at the end of the address bar. Click on the star and then press the Done option to save the link on Firefox. You can also perform this procedure by pressing the Ctrl +D key from the keyboard. This is the process on how to save bookmarks in Firefox.
While using Firefox, suddenly you come across an error and to fix it, you need to uninstall the application. When you uninstall Firefox, you also lose the link that you have saved in Firefox. You can export the bookmarks in a different browser. Now, let’s take a look at how to export Firefox bookmarks.
Steps to Apply in order to Export Firefox Bookmarks to an HTML File:
At first, open the Firefox web browser on your computer. After that, click on the Library window. Then, select the Bookmarks option.
In the Bookmarks option, scroll down and select Show all Bookmarks option. Click on the option and then click on the Import and backup option. A drop-down menu might appear on the system screen. Then, select the Export Bookmarks to HTML from the list.
Now, select a location on your computer and click on the Save option. In this way, you can export Firefox bookmarks.
Now, you can try Firefox export bookmarks in Google Chrome. Hence, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- At first, launch the Google Chrome on your PC. Then, select the vertically three dots present at the upper-right corner of the Google Chrome.
- A drop-down menu will appear on the system screen. Select the Settings option from the list. After that, click on the Import bookmarks and settings option.
- You need to select the web browser from where you need to import the link. Select the Firefox application from the menu and then hit the Import button to proceed further.
Here in this article, we are going to mention the steps on how to backup Firefox bookmarks. To do so, continue with this process.
- First, launch the Firefox browser on your computer. After that, right-click on the empty space at the top of the Firefox browser and select the Menu bar.
- Now, pick the Bookmarks option from the Menu bar. After that, select Show All Bookmarks from the drop-down menu. Meanwhile, the Library window will launch.
- Now, click on the Import and Backup menu at the top. Then, click on the Export Bookmarks to HTML option.
- Next, choose the Save location and File Name. To install the bookmarks, click on Import and backup > press Import bookmark from HTML. After that, select the Bookmarks.html. Then, click Open.
This is the way following which you can backup bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox.
The methods mentioned in this article are the appropriate solution to your question about how to export Firefox bookmarks. Simply apply these techniques and you can easily export the link to another browser. Furthermore, if you want more information about this, follow our website. You can also save our site in your bookmarks list. Do not forget to give valuable feedback to us.