Whenever an error code 0xc00d36c4 appears on the system, there might be so many reasons behind it. This error mainly appears when users try to open a video or an audio file on their Windows 10 PC. If you have recently installed the Windows 10 Operating System on the PC, then you might face up with it.
After installing a major Windows 10 update on the PC, you might encounter it. The moment you try to play some sort of music or perhaps a video from an externally connected device, this error arises. Such devices might be a DVD or a phone that you have connected to the PC via USB to get all its contents.
Most of the time, you might get this error while playing the media files using the Windows Media Player, Xbox Music, and Groove. Whatever the reasons are out there, you will get to its solutions directly. Therefore, follow the article as per your convenience and get the error solved.
Feasible Solutions to Fix Error Code 0xc00d36c4 on Windows 10
Being one of the most prominent errors, there are so many factors about it that you should be aware of. There are several workarounds that can help you fix 0xc00d36c4 error code on your PC. Irrespective of the reason behind the occurrence of the error, you are going to see all the solutions in this section:
Method 1 – Turn Off the Copy Protection in Windows Media Player
There are several facts that you should know about the Windows Media player. Whatever media files it burns, Windows Media player protects those files and make it quite difficult for other players to open them. Following the steps as stated below, you can easily turn off this feature and solve the problem:
- Click on the Start button and make a search for Media Player on the search box and open it from the search result.
- From the top-left corner of the Windows Media Player window, click on the Organize option and open it. Under this section, you will find Options, click on it to open and continue.
- After that, open the Rip Music tab on the newly appeared Options dialog box.
- Finally, uncheck the Copy Protect Music from the menu and then click Apply and Ok on that dialog box.
In this way, you can solve the 0xc00d36c4 error code on your Windows 10 PC and also make sure that it doesn’t appear in the future. If you are still encountering it, then move on to the next solution.
Method 2 – Add the Missing Codecs
Amidst all the causes responsible for the error code 0xc00d36c4 Windows 10, missing codecs also may be a prime reason. Codecs are nothing but the programs that allow the system to encode and decode the digital data on various kinds of media files. In simple words, they help the system to open digital media files that you have stored in it.
Thus, missing of such codecs are really going to cause you some problems. There are several codec packs are available on the internet. You only have to download and install your desired one on your computer and get rid of the error. Well, if it’s still on the system, then step forward to the next method.
Method 3 – Use an Alternative Player
If the error appears due to the Windows Media Player or the other players that come as built-in players on Windows, then try switching with a third-party one. Perhaps this might be the easiest solution that you have been looking for error code 0xc00d36c4.
There are tons of third-party media players available in the market, choose your preferable one and install it on your computer. After that, try to open the media file that was producing the problem, If it opens, then it means that you have solved the error and if not, then move on with the next solution.
Method 4 – Try to Move your Music Files to Another Location
Sometimes, the problem might appear due to the location where you have stored the music files, you want to open. If the files are at a different location such as, if they are at an external storage location, then moving them to an internal location might help you get rid of it.
You only need to find an internal storage location first and select it. After that, select the files you want to play and copy them by right-clicking on them and selecting the Copy option or simply the key combination of Ctrl + C. Then paste them in the internal location by right-clicking and selecting Paste or the key combination of Ctrl + V.
This should help you figure out the error you have encountered. If it didn’t, then check for the next solution.
Method 5 – Check the Playback Settings
At times, the error appears due to the misconfiguration of the Playback settings on the system of your Windows 10 PC. Such settings configuration is changed by some kind of malware or virus that has stayed in the system for a while.
The only solution to this is to troubleshoot the configurations as they might be able to recover you from such situations. If you are not certain about the steps, then walk through the following section:
- Locate the Volume control which usually appears on the bottom-left corner of the screen on your PC. If you can’t locate it, then open the Tray icon (a tiny triangle-shaped arrow) as it should be there.
- Once you have successfully found the Volume icon, right-click on it and click on the “Playback Devices” option to open it.
- As the new dialog box appears on the system, open the Speaker tab and then select the option called “Configure Options” from the menu. It will open the Speaker Setup window on the screen.
- From the list of appeared audio channels, select any channel and then click on the Test button from the right-below of those channels. If there is a problem with any of the audio channels, then note it down.
- After that, click on the Next button and deselect the speaker that was causing trouble in the previous step.
Once, you are done testing all the channels and identified the faulty one, you can close down the window. Afterward, you can check if you are still facing the issue on the system.
Finally, we are at the end of our discussion on how to fix the error code 0xc00d36c4 on Windows 10 PC. Here, in this article, we have walked you through all the possible solutions that might help you solve it. We also mentioned how you can prevent it from appearing in the future. So, reading it out and following the solutions in an appropriate way, you can easily solve the error. We hope it was so helpful in providing you the most appropriate solutions for your query.