AOL mail is one of the reliable web mailing services that enhance communication services over the internet. Moreover, its multifunctional facilities and user-friendly interface make it popular among the users. Besides its excellent technical features, some of the technical clogs make it problematic to handle. Therefore, you won’t be able to access the AOL mail server without ignoring this severe issue and you get stuck with the annoying error message, “AOL Mail On Android Not Working” after multiple attempts.
However, we are going to discuss some of the effective ways to resolve this critical error in that article.
Significant Problem behind AOL Mail on Android not Working 2018 Issues
Some of the major issues are responsible for creating the AOL mailing issue effectively. Moreover, it damages the entire communication process and comes up with an unexpected error message saying “AOL Mail on Android not working”.
However, we are going to discuss the possible reasons behind this annoying issue that helps you to avoid the AOL related problems at the initial stage of the problem.
- Incorrect AOL ID and passcode creates the AOL mailing problem and shows AOL server issue due to incorrect login.
- Outdated Android Software prevents to open the AOL mail and shows the various error codes.
- AOL settings error causes the AOL mail server open issue very often.
- AOL mail working issue occurs on Android due to internet sluggish problem. If the WiFi signal is not steady or drops frequently, then AOL mail won’t be able to open.
Resolve “AOL Mail on Android not Working” Problem with Effective Ways
There are several ways to fix the AOL mail on android not working issue permanently. Moreover, it helps to keep your device free from all the critical technical glitches.
So, you might try out the steps below to resolve the AOL account failure issue technically.
Re-Check the AOL Credentials
Before entering the AOL ID and password, you must verify the credentials along with the AOL URL whether the correct login address is entered or not. In the case of the ID and password, verify the spelling as well as the characters very gently as the passcode is case sensitive.
Correct misplacement of the characters as well as fix the character missing issues before pressing the Login button.
Fix the Internet Problem
Sometimes, the connection issue such as the defected Ethernet cables or corrupted pots become a problem in creating a flawless connection.
So, you must repair the damaged port and replace the cables, wires with new ones in the case of a wired connection.
If you are a user of the wireless connection, then check the router settings first. You can perform factory settings by tapping the Reset button from the back of the router. Moreover, verify the WiFi signal strength.
If it is toggling or fails to provide a steady connection, then try to modify the Network connection settings.
- Open the Control Panel window by tapping the Control Panel option from the Start menu.
- Now, click on the Network and Internet from the menu appeared on the screen and choose Open Network and Sharing Center under it.
- Select Change the Adapter Settings from the left pane of the resultant window and click on the Wireless Connection icon from the available Network Connections.
- Right-click on it and click the Properties from the pop-up menu.
- From the Network Properties window, click on the Networking tab and make sure that the TCP/IPV4 & TCP/IPV6 both are selected.
- Next, click on the Properties tab from the same window and set the DNS server address in DNS 1 and DNS 2 addresses fields respectively. You can enter the alternative DNS address into that specific field that is optional. However, hit the OK button and go back to the Networking tab.
- Now click the Apply and OK button to save the new changes and tap the OK again to close the Networking Setup window.
- When done, try to connect to the internet and check whether the AOL mail is working or not.
If the AOL mail server issue still persists, then try to contact your ISP for a technical fix and resolve the internet problem efficiently.
Forcefully Stop the AOL and Relaunch
- First, click on the Settings app from the Android gallery and choose the Apps tab from the resultant window.
- Now, choose the AOL app from the list of the installed application software on your device.
- After that, hit the Force Stop tab from the app properties window and choose the option again if the AOL is re-prompted.
- Finally, close the setup window and double-tap on the app to relaunch the AOL on the screen. We hope this step helps to fix the AOL mail on android not working 2018 quickly.
Update the Android Software
- Open the Android device and launch the Home Screen on the display.
- Click on the Settings app (gear icon) and click on the About Phone option from the Settings app window.
- Tap on the System Update and confirm it by hitting the YES button.
- Finally, follow the wizard screen instructions and complete the Download & Install process.
- The entire process will take a couple of minutes to finish and reboot the device when done. Now, check whether the “AOL mail on android not working” issue got resolved or not.
Check AOL Mail Settings
- First, launch the AOL application from your Android device and click on the Add Account from the AOL setup window.
- Now, sign the AOL account by entering the correct Email ID and password.
- Select the Manual Setup option and tap on the IMAP Account Settings from the next window.
- Next, fill up the Port value as 143, IMAP and enter the Server name as IMAP.AOL.com.
- Hit the Next button and again sign in the account.
- Finally, download and install the updates the AOL with the latest version. Now, verify whether the AOL mail on android not working or not.
Uninstall and Re-Install the AOL App
- Launch the Android menu gallery and choose the Settings menu from the several items appeared on the screen.
- Now, click the tab Apps and you will get a list of installed items on the Settings window.
- Next, tap the AOL application installer along with other associated files.
- Select the options Uninstall and confirm by hitting the YES button.
- After finishing the AOL app deletion process, open the Play Store application.
- Then, type the AOL app and choose the latest version which is compatible with your device.
- Finally, tap on the Install button and wait until the installation process is done. Now, double-tap on the app and launch it on the screen to verify whether the AOL app is working on an Android device or not.
In the above content, we have defined the methods to overcome the AOL mail on Android not working issue with proper justifications. Moreover, we have discussed the reasons responsible for this annoying issue. You can also contact Mobile Repair for fixing the problem.
Besides this, we have tried to talk about the basic symptoms that will help you to identify the AOL mail error at the fundamental stage. So, we hope this article will be beneficial for AOL users to fix any AOL mail associated issues very quickly without any technical glitches.