Asus smart gesture feature simplifies many common tasks for the users. By sliding two fingers on the touchpad you can move pages automatically, whereas, by sliding three fingers on the touchpad the program can be switched. Thus, without using a mouse device you can control many tasks on your Asus laptop.
Suddenly, if you found that the Asus smart gesture not working on your laptop, then it indicates that there is something wrong with the touchpad device. It might be a hardware issue or a software issue.
Commonly the users faced the smart gesture problem after upgrading the Windows to the latest version. If you are facing the same issue, then there are a couple of solutions that you can try. To know them, read the further sections below.
Solutions to Fix the Asus Smart Gesture Not Working Issue
If the Asus smart gesture not working after update, then you can try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Reset your Asus Smart Gesture
To reset the Asus smart gesture feature, allow these steps:
- At first, tap down the Win and R key simultaneously.
- In the Run bar, type control and hit the Enter key.
- Thereafter, from the “Control Panel” window, navigate to the View by section and set it to the Large icon.
- Now, locate and click on the Asus Smart Gesture option. This will open the Settings window on the screen.
- Lastly, click on ‘Set all to default”.
After completing the steps, restart your PC. If the problem gets solved, then fine or else try further solutions.
Solution 2: Check the Touchpad status
If the touchpad is locked, then this is another fact behind the smart gesture not working issue. To check the touchpad status, allow the following steps:
- Press down the Windows Home button and the letter S button at the same time. After that, click on the gear-like icon to open the Settings window.
- Now, locate and click on the Devices option.
- From the left menu panel, select the Mouse option. After that, click on the “Additional Mouse Options”.
- Then, head over to the ELAN input device section and ensure that the Touchpad is enabled.
Hopefully, now after you restart your PC the problem will get solved.
Solution 3: Repair Asus Smart Gesture
After trying the above solutions, still, if you see that the Asus smart gesture not working, then proceed with the Repair option for it.
- Use the Windows and the letter R keys at the same time to open the Run bar.
- Click in the Run box and on it type appwiz.cpl. Then, hit the Enter button.
- Now, you will see a list of the programs. Locate the Asus Smart Gesture option and click on it.
- Thereafter, click on the Repair button and wait until the procedure completes.
Now, you need to restart your computer and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Solution 4: Rolling Back Driver
The rolling back driver process is one of the better options to fix the Asus smart gesture not working after update issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, open the Run bar and for that, press down the Windows+R keys simultaneously.
- Then, go to the dialogue box and type devmgmt.msc. After that, hit the Enter button.
- Now, you need to find and enlarge the “Mice and other pointing devices” section.
- From the available list, right-click on your Asus Touchpad and select the Properties option.
- Thereafter, go to the Driver Tab and just select the Roll Back Driver option.
In the end, restart your computer and verify the problem status.
Solution 5: Reinstall Asus Smart Gesture On Windows 10
You can proceed with reinstalling the Asus Smart Gesture to fix the problem and for that, allow the following steps:
- Press down the Win+R keys at the same time.
- Next, in the Run box, type appwiz.cpl. After that, hit the Enter key.
- Now, all the applications on your device will be listed one by one. Then, you need to locate and select the Asus Smart Gesture option.
- After that, click on the Uninstall tab.
- Confirm the process by clicking on the Uninstall/ OK button.
Finally, you need to restart your Asus device. A few times the driver gets installed automatically. In your case, if you find that after the computer restart the driver is not present, then download and install the Asus Smart Gesture manually to fix the problem.