Avast is one of the leading third-party antivirus brands. Recently, there are many Avast users who claim to notice ‘AvastUI failed to load’ error. It happens when they try to run the antivirus on their systems. Even the company has acknowledged the error.
Basically, this error occurs due to the corrupt installation of Avast files on Windows systems. Well, there are some other reasons too.
The same error arises when the remote desktop service doesn’t run properly or if any third-party software interferes with the Avast files.
Prominent Fixes for AvastUI Failed to Load Issue:
We have mentioned all the probable causes behind the occurrence of this issue. If you think that you have found the cause, then you can directly apply the fix related to that cause. Otherwise, you have to go through the list of fixes as they are arranged below.
Fix 1: Enable the Remote Desktop Service
If you are facing the AvastUI failed to load Windows 10 issue, then you should try this fix first. Remote Desktop Service plays an important role in such operations in your Windows computer.
Without this service, such third-party applications can’t run.
You need to check whether this service gets disabled, by mistake. Check out the simple guidelines cited below.
- Press and hold Windows and R keys from the keyboard to open a Run dialog box.
- Fill the Open box of the Run window with ‘services. msc’ and click the OK button.
- You will be headed towards the Services window. There you have to locate Remote Desktop Service. Right-click on the service and choose the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Once the Properties expand, check out if the service is enabled.
If not, then enable the service. Go to the Startup Type box and set it as Automatic.
- Click on the OK button to confirm all the changes.
You have completed the task. Now, you can restart your computer to check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 2: Repair Avast Program
If the first fix didn’t help you, then give this hack a try. Before you opt for a reinstallation of the Avast program, you can repair it. Use the steps below to fix the AvastUI failed-to-load issues on your Windows PC.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows and R keys at the same time from the keyboard. Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ there and press Enter. This should have launched the Programs and Features window under the Control Panel.
- Locate the Avast Program under the list of Programs and Features.
- Select Avast. Click on the Uninstall or Change button.
- Choose the Change option followed by the Repair option.
You have to wait until the Avast program does its necessary changes to itself. Reboot your Windows PC when the task is complete. Now, try launching the antivirus.
Fix 3: Reinstall the Avast Application
You must have to go through this procedure if you are still stuck with this AvastUI failed to load error. The Avast program consists of several files that may get damaged or corrupted with time. They can behave abnormally even when they are not installed on your device, properly.
Hence, you need to reinstall the whole Avast package in order to recover from the error.
- Visit the official website of Avast antivirus and look for the Avast Uninstall Utility software. Download the software.
- After the download is over, you have to boot your Windows PC in Safe Mode. It will ensure that your device will use the minimum number of resources while working in Safe Mode.
- Now, you have to run the Avast Uninstall Utility software.
- Avast antivirus should get removed when you complete the task. Once you uninstall it, you have to reinstall it.
- Visit the same official website of Avast antivirus and download the latest version of Avast antivirus. Make sure that the package is compatible with the version and architecture of the operating system of your computer.
- You should log in as the administrator when you install the software again on your computer.
When the antivirus gets installed, you can restart your device in normal mode. Then check if the error still persists.
Fix 4: Find Another Antivirus
If none of the fixes are working to fix the AvastUI failed-to-load issue on your computer, then you are left with only one choice. You have to switch to another antivirus. There are several antiviruses available in the market. Just pick the right one according to your reliability that can protect your system.
Hopefully, the guide was helpful to eradicate the AvastUI failed to load error on your system. Before you switch to another antivirus, you can check if any third-party application is messing with Avast. You can disable such third-party applications and then run the Avast software. Check if it helps to resolve the error.