During the installation of Chrome updates, many of the user reports that they get stuck with the Chrome error code 0x80004002. If this is the case you are worried about, then have a look to this article. Hopefully, this article will answer to your every single queries regarding the error along with the methods with the help of which you can get rid of it. So, go through this article till the end.
What Causes Chrome Error Code 0x80004002?
Actually, there is not a specific reason that you can blame for the error 0x80004002. But according to the experts, these below are the outcomes causing the error 0x80004002.
- Damaged or Corrupt Chrome Browser
- Incomplete download of Google Chrome files.
- A virus attack
- A slow internet connection
- Incompatible Computer BIOS
- Antivirus Conflict
Fix Chrome Error Code 0x80004002 with Expert Methods
According to the cause, you need to proceed to the solutions for Chrome error code 0x80004002. However, if it is not identified by you, don’t worry, still you can proceed with these below methods. But in this case, you need to follow up the instructions serially as explained below.
Method 1: Free up your Device’s Memory
First of all, the point which you need to be concerned about, when you get the Chrome error 0x80004002 while proceeding to install update is your device space. If your device memory is almost full, then this will result in such an error. So, at first, check the memory status bar, which you can get by pressing the Windows and E altogether. If you see any of the bar is turned red, then this will be the reason you are stuck with this error.
And to solve it, you need to clear some space.
Open Control Panel
First of all, you need to open the Control Panel window.
Procedure 1: Tap the Windows logo button, to get the Search bar. Then, on the search bar type ‘control’. Now, from the search click on the top-most result, that is the Control Panel.
Procedure 2: Press down both the Windows and the letter R key at a time, to open the Run dialog box. After that, in the Run box, enter ‘control’ and click on the OK button.
Go to Programs> Programs and Features
Now, expand the “View by” menu to select the Category option. Further, from the available options, click on Programs. After that, select the “Programs and Features” option, this will open up the window which contains the installed programs list of your computer.
Uninstall an Application
Then, uninstall the applications which are not necessary for you. Then, close all the open windows, and restart your system.
Hopefully, you will not face any further problem while Installing the Chrome updates.
Method 2: Run a Virus Scan on your Computer
In case a virus attacks your PC, then this can harm your computer files and can even corrupt Chrome browser. So, run a scan.
- At first, navigate the mouse pointer on the antivirus you use. If you don’t have one, then download and install it first.
- Then, click on the “Scan now” button, to begin the scanning process.
- Once the scan is done, if any virus or corrupted files are there, then remove the.
- Restart your computer and try to install the Google updates again. Now, check if the Chrome error code 0x80004002 still persists.
Method 3: Verify the Internet Status
Sometimes, slow internet speed is the main culprit. So, check the connection first. Also, restart both the internet device and the computer.
Method 4: Uninstall the Antivirus
If the antivirus block the Chime updates, then also you will face this error. In that case, uninstall the security software for the time being.
- Firstly, you need to open the Control Panel window.
- Then, set the View by as Category.
- After that, click on Programs> Programs and Features, this will open up all the installed programs list on your computer’s screen.
- From the installed programs list, get the antivirus and right-click on it to get the Uninstall option. Click on it.
- Further, a confirmation window will appear, select Uninstall, to confirm.
Method 5: Load BIOS Defaults to Fix Chrome Error Code 0x80004002
This one is the most effective method to solve Google Chrome error code 0x80004002. So, let’s try this method.
During the computer booting process, you need to press the F2 or Delete button according to the motherboard you are using. This will open up the BIOS settings window on the screen.
Now, from the BIOS window, click on the Tools tab. Then, on this window,you will see a section as Profile. Select a profile, from the avail options to load the settings of your machine with which it comes as default.
After that, use the F10 key or click the “Save and Reset” button to revert back the BIOS settings. It may take several minutes to complete the task. Once, it’s over and your system restarts, try to update the Chrome browser to check if the problem gets solved.
Method 6: Reinstall the Chrome Browser
After following all these above methods, if the error persists, then reinstall Chrome. But for this purpose, having an extra browser is essential.
Uninstall the Chrome Browser
- At first, open the Control Panel.
- Then, expand the menu beside View by to set it as Category.
- After that, from the available options, select Programs. And then, click on Programs and Features.
- Now, from the list, find the Google Chrome option, and right-click on it. Then, click on Uninstall> Uninstall to confirm.
- Once, the Chrome browser successfully gets uninstalled, restart your device.
Reinstall the Chrome Browser
Now, open a different browser. Go to the download page of the Chrome browser.
From the Chrome browser download page, search the latest version of Google Chrome which is compatible with your device’s OS. Then, click on the “Download” button.
During the installation, do not use the device for other purposes. Once the Google Chrome downloads successfully, navigate to the file location. After that, click twice on the Chrome setup file. And follow the on-screen instructions to get the Chrome browser successfully installed on your device.
All these above are the workarounds, by which you can fix the Chrome error code 0x80004002 efficiently. Hopefully, after going through this article, you will not face any problem to proceed with the steps as explained.