“Error Code Weasel” is mainly associated with the Destiny application. When you will try to play this video game you will get an error notification. It mainly occurs because of the connection failure between the user’s home network and the Bungee Server.
You will get this error due to faulty mobile hotspot set up or owing to the poor connection of Wi-Fi. Besides, for the ISP saturation or the general Internet Congestion issue, this error can get triggered.
Whatever be the reason, you can get rid of it by just implementing the below-mentioned methods. To get a proper solution to this error, you need to move to the next section.
Probable Methods to Solve the “Destiny 2 Error Code Weasel” Error
In this section., we are mentioning the best possible means to get rid of the error so that you can launch Destiny 2 without any hassle. You just need to implement the methods as instructed below.
Method 1: Check the Clan Invite
Owing to the faulty clan invite system, you can get the Weasel error. When someone from the opposing clan will send a clan invite, most likely then you will come across this error.
In that case, you need to check if there is any pending clan invite. Now, to avoid clan invites, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, you need to go to Bungie.Net. From there, go to the “Membership PAGE”.
- Now, check if there is any new clan invite.
Note: Do not tap on the “Join” button if you want to prevent the error message again. Leave the clan to avoid the error message. Or else you can ask the Admin so that he or she can remove you from the Clan.
Now, after checking all the clan invites and removing the invites from the video game, check if you have solved the error. If the error persists, you need to go to the next section.
Method 2: Create a NEW PSN account
If you have not properly created the Playstation Network account on Destiny, you can get the error while playing games.
In that case, you need to create a new PSN account to play games or buy games directly from the Playstation store. To create a new PSN account, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Turn On the PS4 and go to the “New User” section. From there, go to the Playstation Log-in Screen.
- Now, tap on the “create a User or User 1” option.
- The account should be created in the Local User section.
- Now, tap on the “Next” option and then click on the “New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account” option.
- Tap on the “Sign Up Now” button.
Note: You will get the “Skip” button, tap on it to choose an Avatar for the game. This option will enable you to play this game even if you are offline.
- Go to the Home screen of the PS4 and then tap on the “Avatar” sign up in the PSN Account.
- If you are doing it for the first time, you need to tap on the “User 1” profile from the home screen.
- Now, provide the required information in the blank fields and tap on the “Next” button now.
Note: For the under 18 age players, putting the birthdate is mandatory. And seeking the permission of the Adults to play the game is necessary, or else the account will remain deactivated.
- For the players who are above 18, they need the help of the credit or debit card to choose the payment method.
Note: Check if the address that you have given in the above field matches with the address of the Card. Also, verify whether you have given the correct email address. All the PSN users can see the online ID that you were assigned. If your age is under 18 years then the process is somewhat different.
- At the time of the payment via Card, you need to first give the first and then the last name.
- Now, you will get three screens one after another: “Sharing, Friends and Messages” settings section.
- Open the mail and from there go to the verification link.
Note: If you are unable to see the link, tap on the “Help” option. By doing this the email address will change. Now, choose the “Login with Facebook” option to connect Facebook with the PSN account. Or you can even skip this option if you don’t want to link these two accounts.
Now, after implementing the above steps, you will be able to create an account on PSN. Try to play the game now, and check if you can do it. But if this method do not help you then you can move to the next section.
Method 3: Unlink the Destiny App from Phone
Sometimes, playing the game on the phone can lead you to the “Destiny error code weasel”. This happens mostly because this game doesn’t support Android and iOS devices.
In that case, you need to unlink the Destiny app from the phone. And to do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a Web Browser and from there go to the “Bungie.Net”.
- Next, move to the “Settings” page and tap on the “Accounts & Linking” option.
- Tap on the “Unlink” option to remove the Destiny account.
If you are an Android user, you can simply uninstall the “Destiny” app from the device to avoid such error. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, go to the Settings and then go to the Application section.
- From there, search for the Destiny app and tap on it.
- Choose the “Uninstall” button to remove it from the device.
If you use an iPhone, the steps will vary, so you need to follow the below-mentioned steps::
- Hold the Destiny app, until it starts to jiggle off.
- You will get an “X” sign, tap on it and the app will be removed from the device.
After uninstalling the Destiny app from the Android and iPhone, you can again install it. And now, check if the error is solved.
If you are still getting the error, it is suggested to replace the coax cable and splitter to avoid issues in the future. If you using a default cable then that can interrupt while playing video games, so it will be better to replace that cable.